PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Kenny Britt (Edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had 2 catches for 67 yards and a td Vs Pats last year...Belichick must've seen something he likes that game, cuz as we know, Bill likes to sign guys who've done well against them or who've impressed him during a game...

Hope so. This smells like bill changing it up because what we have currently wasn’t working. Our WRs have been pretty disappointing this year even with the loss of Edelman.

Britt can't be any worse than Dorsett even coming in this late in the season...nice Big Body healthy WR.

Dorsett has been on the offense for 8 weeks or so and is a complete non factor... I don't think Britt is gonna make a difference

We need someone who can battle for a contested ball. Cooks was pretty poor at that last night, as was Hogan, though I think you can argue that with Hogan there was some major rust involved. Like when he could not do a toe drag in the end zone for the TD. Hogan usually does that in his sleep.

Dorsett has been on the offense for 8 weeks or so and is a complete non factor... I don't think Britt is gonna make a difference

Can't be any worse and Dorsett isn't as better in terms of running routes.

Kenny Britt 2016 highlights

"And I don't want to hear a peep out of you in the locker room, got that?"

At some point in the conversation, a sentence echoing those sentiments would be essential, I'd imagine.
His agent doesn't know how to hold his tongue either. That won't fly with BB

Damn, wish we could have got a TD for Dorsett before we cut him(I assume we're cutting Dorsett?)

I am in Cleveland and watched the games (painful) and read all the Browns forum stuff this year. Britt was a locker room cancer. He was a bad influence on Corey Coleman. They were both sent home one game for missing curfew. He had a severe case of the dropsies too. The fans really hated him and he was going to be a goner as soon as Sashi Brown was let go. Hue didn't want to play him at all and preferred the scrub waiver wire guys like Treggs or Williams. Britt picked up a good guaranteed retirement paycheck here this year very similar to the one Dwayne Bowe got last year.

How about Bigger Size and Catch Radius.:cool:

Damn, wish we could have got a TD for Dorsett before we cut him(I assume we're cutting Dorsett?)
I hadn’t even considered cutting Dorsett, but it’s possible. I had just assumed that he’d be a cheap option under contract through the summer, with the hopes of sticking.

Probably depth, Mitchell's not coming back this season based on this signing imo.

Cooks
Hogan
Amendola
Dorsett
Britt

That's 5 WRS doubt we carry 6 so I take it Mitchell's done for the season

You know we have wr problems when we start signing free agents this late in the season. It showed last night. If someone plays that tight a coverage last night our playoff run won’t look good. Im surprised we didn’t adjust better but considering we they double Cooks, Hogan was hurt and Dola the only real contributed it’s understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents