PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Corey Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
My argument is pretty clear: he's not a scrub who suddenly lost his HoF level talent, just because you were unimpressed with a week 1 game, despite looking like his old self on the rare occasion the ball was thrown to him. Besides, he's WR who's always open even when covered.
He hasn’t produce in 4 years.

If you think there is a conspiracy against him perhaps you share a dealer

Wasn't kick coverage supposed to be one of Patterson's duties too?

So now we have Two WRs who are more STers than WRs (Three if Slater is included)?

No wonder our depth at that position sucks.

Patterson has apparently been used on coverage units in the past (other teams) and reportedly pretty good at it. The Pats haven't used him that way yet, though. Actually kinda surprising that they didn't on Sunday, since Hollister was out and he was very good on coverage units last season (or, rather, became very good).

Hill was used on at least the punt coverage unit, until he got hurt.

I think the Pats are just still sorting out roster-end/WR depth and ST depth, and that their contingency plans have been complicated by a series of injuries.

Again, if Fowler ends up the #5 WR (after Edelman returns) and contributes a dozen or so receptions for 120-140 yards, can block well enough on scrimmage plays for now to get ~20% of the snaps on offense, and also excels on ST coverage, I'm fine with that. Patterson seems to me like he'll be enough for a WR4.

Maybe he didn't want to play in Cleveland and was angling for his release? When he was traded to the Bills I could understand why he wouldn't want to play there either. In any case hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity and sticks around. It could be his last stop.
Its pretty clear he wanted out of Cleveland.

I'm assuming he was cut in BUF because of his slacker attitude in learning the playbook and not his ability to learn the playbook.

Considering his size, if he puts forth some good blocking ...

Coleman's size? His pre-draft measurements were 5105/195, basically the same size as Edelman. Have said that, Edelman blocks like he thinks he's Gronk-size, often pancaking DBs and then abusing them when they try to get up. But that's another of Edelman's unique qualities.

The Patriots understand that people learn different ways. Visual. Audio. Repetitions. Bill commented on this one time when asked when scouting how do they identify players that can learn the system.

This guy has no idea what the hell hes talking about.

Welker was a UFA that developed into a good player at MIA which warranted a 2nd rd pick

Chris Hogan was cut 3 times before sticking with BUF. Another UFA turned solid NFL pro.

Jabar Gaffney was cut by HOU and signed by NE

Troy Brown was cut twice.

Lol

Is that a new American euphemism for "Very Dumb"?

Not a visual learner, this legits cracks me up

McDaniels - "Hey man, check out what you did wrong in this play"

Corey - "Nah mate, I can't learn from videos, I am not a good visual learner"

BB - *stares at him, using the force to throw him out*

He’s not really wrong, but that’s why the Patriots are signing him for (most likely) minimum salary, rather than trading for $3.5 million in future guaranteed salary.

Ok, so

Edelman
Hogan
Dorsett
Patterson
Coleman
Fowler

Not that I'm granting either of the new additions an automatic berth, but this lends itself to question of what the final potential look would be:

6 to make 5, 6 to make 4, or keeping 6 because Patterson and Fowler can play STs?

I give him 4 weeks in the roster.

So that's about 50 less than pages this thread will have (PS - is this even proper english?... I'm too lazy to look it up)

We are back up to 3 first round pick WR on the team.
What does it mean? I do not know...
romabeige-main.png

Complete Darkhorse but I wouldnt be shocked if we traded Hogan.
Now hear me out appearantly they are far apart on his worth.
Chances are he plays here all season goes on the market sees hes not worth what he thinks he is and returns.
However if some injuries mount up for a team its not out of the realm of possibility that he is traded.

The Pats have now signed or released the following wideout since the start of camp in late July: Kenny Britt, Malcolm Mitchell, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Riley McCarron, Amara Darboh, Chad Hansen, Devin Lucien, Paul Turner, and now both Coleman and former Broncos wideout Bennie Fowler.
Corey Coleman Worth Rolling the Dice On For Patriots | CLNS Media

He could be last year's Dorsett. Mostly a decoy drawing a deep safety. We shall see. Josh has his hands full Sunday. Need Michel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes