PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Really? I hope he gets cut and soon.

Wow~~~~ I am amazed!!! :rocker:

Josh McDaniels has his second chance to prove he made a right call to draft Tim. I bet the price tag is dirt cheap this time.

I have read all of your posts tonight. Do yourself a favor - Go to a convent or lock yourself in a closet if you don't want to hear the noise or you could simply just focus and discuss why BB brought him to New England.

I have given you the reasons why he is here. Deal with it.

I know why he's here. I have no problem with that decision. If you read all my posts you'd KNOW that. So you are just a common liar...which bring us back to the preceding Danny Aiken idiotic retort....not only do you not know what I'm saying, you don't know what YOU are talking about...but then that's pretty common out there in Weirdiana. Please, don't start with the "dinosaurs lived with Adam and Eve" and "Terry Bradshaw is the best NFL analyst in the world!!" stories.....have a Haldol induced tranquil night...

I know why he's here. I have no problem with that decision. If you read all my posts you'd KNOW that. So you are just a common liar...which bring us back to the preceding Danny Aiken idiotic retort....not only do you not know what I'm saying, you don't know what YOU are talking about...but then that's pretty common out there in Weirdiana. Please, don't start with the "dinosaurs lived with Adam and Eve" and "Terry Bradshaw is the best NFL analyst in the world!!" stories.....have a Haldol induced tranquil night...

Keep it up with the insults. As for why you think he is here, you have made that painfully clear. According to you, it has nothing to do with football which ironically consists of 99% of your posts on these threads.

As for why you think he is here, you have made that painfully clear. According to you, it has nothing to do with football which ironically consists of 99% of your posts on these threads.

Joker
PatsFans.com Supporter

My Mood: Amused

let me just say one more time...I do not doubt for one millisecond that BB has done this with a number of objectives in mind...and that in football terms it makes perfect sense for the Pats to utilize whatever Tim Tebow has to offer....I do not doubt BB's ability to max Tebow's strengths and minimize his weaknesses to the team's benefit.

what part of this do you NOT comprehend??? or is it mass ingestion of moonshine or smokable amphetamine that has crashed your comprehension filter?...

let me just say one more time...I do not doubt for one millisecond that BB has done this with a number of objectives in mind...and that in football terms it makes perfect sense for the Pats to utilize whatever Tim Tebow has to offer....I do not doubt BB's ability to max Tebow's strengths and minimize his weaknesses to the team's benefit.

What I do doubt...and very highly...is that this makes an iota of difference to what the "Tebow Circus" brings to town....just because the Pats are tight lipped and controlling of press ops does NOT mean the unbelievable tabloid press and that part of the sports media built around sensationalistic tabloid reporting is going to suddenly dissipate and blow away on the wind. Quite to the contrary, I believe it is going to INCITE Tebow nutbaggery to even higher levels than ever seen.

I believe he will be followed and quoted repeatedly outside of the confines of Foxboro and bombarded with all kinds of "Chosen One" questions from what he thinks of BB's adultery to Tom Brady's jet set lifestyle to Gronk's partying. EVERYONE wants to know what Holy Tim has to say and when it's the Darth Vader of the NFL and the Evil Regime of the Kraftian Empire, Blessed Timmuh's input will be THE most sought after sound byte of the year...all year...day in and day out.

This is not a Randy Moss story...this is not a Ryan Leaf story...this is not a redemption at Patriot Way...this is a sports figure who is known WORLD WIDE, with a fanatical world wide following called the Chosen One....millions tune in just to see what scripture he will have quoted under his eyes...not football fans...not Patriot fans...millions and millions of Tim Tebow followers. If the Pats win the Super Bowl, Tebow will be the center of attention...if the Patriots collapse this season, Tebow will be the center of the attention...as BB so famously quoted long ago...it is what it is...

And then you went off of the deep end - again.

well, maybe I have...but not nearly as deep as Timmy trying to fit in with the Gronk and the rest of the boyz....

tumblr_m3wzcepnlB1rqevd2o1_500.jpg

Really? Really? I hope he gets cut and soon.

I don't "hope he gets cut," and even if I did I doubt that Belichick would bring him in here just to cut him soon, if at all this year. It isn't looking like it in my opinion.

That all said, I share your skepticism and am not feeling as excited as some here seem to be.

I guess we should just look at it as the low risk/high reward signing that it probably is. He may be able to offer something on special teams, as a short yardage back, as a blocker (we know he'll give his all), as a good locker room presence/high character guy, and as a scout team QB for the option stuff.

BB's mini-camp presser will be live on NFLN at 11:45am EST tomorrow... I'm setting my DVR, this... will... be... epic. (And by epic, I mean incredibly boring that will result in epically PO'd media). But the odds of a BB gem are higher than usual. :D

heh...this will be Mr. Mumbles at his best...I mean, you're 100% about DVR'ing THIS....I,for one, absolutely LOVE BB versus the media...but THIS???...this will be, not to be sarcastic, BIBLICAL...I just hope they go way over the top with their gaggling ,gushing, idiotic questions that are tangential to Tebow as a player for the NE Pats...he will be Darth BB at his finest...thanks for ther heads up, Sal...

heh...this will be Mr. Mumbles at his best...I mean, you're 100% about DVR'ing THIS....I,for one, absolutely LOVE BB versus the media...but THIS???...this will be, not to be sarcastic, BIBLICAL...I just hope they go way over the top with their gaggling ,gushing, idiotic questions that are tangential to Tebow as a player for the NE Pats...he will be Darth BB at his finest...thanks for ther heads up, Sal...

It's funny, I actually read some JI responses that were like, "good luck Belichick dealing with the hordes of media about to ruin your team." Yeah, it's as if BB has never had a throng of media members before him trying to ask difficult questions... it's not like he's ever been embroiled in a media controversy before or been involved in a major sporting event that attracts tons of media... I'm sure Belichick will crumble before the hot lights...

Too bad 99% of the media already knows BB well and are scared of him. :p

I give it five Tebow questions before Belichick stops answering them. Prepare to hear "next question" a lot

How many years have reporters tried to bait Belichick into say something, ANYTHING interesting? Year after year, presser after presser... he still gives the same boring answers to absolutely everything. But it won't stop them from trying.

Belichick threw up a gigantic middle finger to the media for an entire season during SpyGate... this is child's play... especially considering he brought this in himself. And yet, they are of the same importance to BB... as in zero.

great move. there's no better way to force your wrs into learning how to adjust and make great catches than having arguably the worst quarterback in the nfl throw to you.

Not that anyone asked me, but here are the Top 5 reasons why the Tebow signing makes sense, in my humble opinion:

1. It may create at least one/two more roster spots on the all-important 53 man roster:

Tebow’s positional versatility may help to eliminate the need for a short yardage RB5, a TE4-5, or even an additional QB3. On top of that, we see a number of STOP on the roster in terms of maybe an extra wedge blocking LB etc...

Never underestimate the need to put the best 53 players on your roster every year, and by adding a player with such versatility, Tebow may also be contributing to keeping an extra player or two who may have not made the team otherwise

2. He will provide a scout team QB in practice to help prepare for the “newer” option style attacks that we’ve seen lately from guys like RG3, Kaepernick, and Wilson. This is a very important aspect that will be overlooked by many, and will help to prepare the defense in practice when they face these kinds of attacks in week to week gameplanning

3. It is a very low cost/low risk move for a player who recently was picked in the 1st round of the NFL draft. By choosing to wait until the hype died down, the team will get him for pennies on the dollar

4. There will be zero QB controversy with Brady running the show and pure pocket passer Ryan Mallett waiting in the wings as the backup. In NY things were much different with the “when will Tebow start” controversy that ensued from week to week. I don’t think too many people will be expecting Tebow to see much action throwing the ball—until they play the Pittsburgh Steelers when the gameplan will quickly turn to “let Tebow loose and watch him air it out for 300+ yds”

5. The circus-like atmosphere that came with him to NY was brought on by the Jets themselves, who last I checked were not too bright...they wanted the attention that came with the move, to not only help sell tickets, but to also create some fire under Sanchez’s ass in terms of motivating him. That will not be an issue in N.England, outside of the initial questioning that may come within the next week or two. They tend to run a bit of a tighter ship with what they allow their players to say, and how they approach their media access

I think this kid has a lot to offer in terms of being a high character guy who is a proven leader just about wherever he's been. Just because the NYJ didn't use him properly doesn't mean that "he's done," etc.

I like the idea of Belichick giving him another chance, and I like the potential rewards that we can obtain in this move.

Belichick threw up a gigantic middle finger to the media for an entire season during SpyGate... this is child's play... especially considering he brought this in himself. And yet, they are of the same importance to BB... as in zero.

Exactly...he couldn't care less about what any of them think. This was proven 100x over during the SpyGate "scandal."

Belichick realizes that he is paid well to do a job. He takes that job very seriously, and he puts all of his passion and experience in doing those tasks. Every single move is made in terms of his believing that it will benefit the team in every way possible, and his main objective is one simple thing:

Win as many football games as possible, not only now but also for the future.

The media tries time and again to make these issues into some kind of complicated rocket science-like theory, but it's really very simple. He likes to win, he likes to do his job well, and he believes in making moves that look at all angles of the bigger picture.

I am personally not getting over-annoyed or over-excited until I see how this plays out over the course of the summer. The very name "Tebow" incites grandiose speculation about his value and future with this team, but it's pretty uncertain right now. Belichick signs and cuts players like a daily bowel movement - he could be here for a year, years, or tomorrow. Anyone saying he's bound for a full year or more doesn't understand how the Patriots operate. The minute he loses all value to the coaching staff and/or his media influence negatively affects the Pats, he's gone, like every other player they take on a flyer. And I'm confident in the organization's view of the situation, which makes me fine with this. That's all I've got to go on as a fan.

For the record, I am indifferent to the Tebow move until I see how they use him in practice and the contract he gets.

And as I said before, Navy guys like Kyle Eckel and Eric Kettani have gotten training camp signings and even minimum playing time out of sentiments that I don't think were entirely "all bottom line."

Belichick isn't actively trying to destroy his own team. He and McDaniels both might see something other teams don't, but he's not stepping onto the field in a real game in a situation where his presence isn't an asset. I personally can't envision that play, since Brady is better in literally every offensive situation, but whatever.

We won't know the real reason for this move anytime soon. Everyone should just chill for the moment.

I am personally not getting over-annoyed or over-excited until I see how this plays out over the course of the summer. The very name "Tebow" incites grandiose speculation about his value and future with this team, but it's pretty uncertain right now. Belichick signs and cuts players like a daily bowel movement - he could be here for a year, years, or tomorrow. Anyone saying he's bound for a full year or more doesn't understand how the Patriots operate. The minute he loses all value to the coaching staff and/or his media influence negatively affects the Pats, he's gone, like every other player they take on a flyer. And I'm confident in the organization's view of the situation, which makes me fine with this. That's all I've got to go on as a fan.

For the record, I am indifferent to the Tebow move until I see how they use him in practice and the contract he gets.

Grandiose? The guy is a bum and teams with crappy QB situations wouldn't even take a chance with him. God i wish this guy would've retired or gone to the CFL. Now we have Tebow ****storm associated with our Patriots.

I don't "hope he gets cut," and even if I did I doubt that Belichick would bring him in here just to cut him soon, if at all this year. It isn't looking like it in my opinion.

That all said, I share your skepticism and am not feeling as excited as some here seem to be.

I guess we should just look at it as the low risk/high reward signing that it probably is. He may be able to offer something on special teams, as a short yardage back, as a blocker (we know he'll give his all), as a good locker room presence/high character guy, and as a scout team QB for the option stuff.

What value does he have on the football field? He stunk on jets special teams, short yardage back when we have a legit 220+ pound monster in Ridley? Use a backup QB as a blocker when we could just put that extra lineman in there? I really don't give a **** about his high character - how about we hire a motivational speaker for the team? As far as scouting for the option goes you still need a QB that can actually throw not a glorified FB. All he brings and has brought already is the media. I don't want it, i don't need it. I hope he gets the hell out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes