PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots sign restricted free agent OL Yodny Cajuste

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
for how much? for how long?

Still a rather significant tender...even with the cap at 220M, 3M projects a lot of confidence in a tackle that only has a handful of starts.

A 5th/6th round rookie tackle would be like 800k-900k vs. the cap....

Still a rather significant tender...even with the cap at 220M, 3M projects a lot of confidence in a tackle that only has a handful of starts.

I think he was projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder that fell to the 3rd due to an injury. Of course he has been injured ever since. I think this is his 5th year RFA, not his 4th year, again due to injuries. If he only could stay healthy ...............

cajuste on the day he signed the tender

harvey keitel winston wolf GIF

cajuste wasn't good when healthy imo. He isn't good enough for the swing T job based on what he showed so far

Love Cajuste upside he's better than McDermutt.

I like that they have enough of these guys where one of them might be a player this year.

Last year the tackle room was T. Brown, Cajuste, Yasir Durant, Justin Herron, William Sherman, Andrew Stueber, Isiah Wynn.

Herron was the #3. Now we have a few guys at Herron's level. (BTW Herron was a serviceable backup heading into last season.)

The depth was thin.

Love Cajuste upside he's better than McDermutt.
Is that true ? The guys has been with Patriots for 4 years if he is any good then i would have thought that homer would be ready put in the hall of fame ? no ? When is that upside going to come out? closet or real upsides ?

His upside has been lost in the forest since he was drafted, He'll need to stay healthy for more than 5 minutes, in order to see if he has any of that long ago forecasted upside left.
This is one of those signings that only makes a VERY small ripple in the off season discussion, but can turn into a big deal come September. There is are always a few of these such signings over the years. Most turn out to deserve that small ripple, but some don't. This one has the POTENTIAL to be one of the latter.

Upside is all we have right now as the team is built. When we get all hot and bothered about the draft picks we acquire in a few weeks, all we will have is "UPSIDE" until they actually get into real games....and even then the true story won't be necessarily told for a few years. All we know is we are accumulating a lot of "bodies" in the hope that 3 of them will turn out to be competent NFL offensive tackles.

This is a very low risk signing that COULD turn into something much better. Now let's go back to the REAL important stuff about Brady bullying, Mac's future team, and Bill's descent into dementia. You know, the topics based on unsupported speculation. :rolleyes: which we spend pages of useless discussion on because we are assuming the SPECULATION is fact.

Me I'm trying to figure out why the Pats haven't signed a single S this off season. I can only assume it's because they are happy with group they already have.

BTW- anyone have the exact number of players the Pats currently have under contract?

Last edited:
Me I'm trying to figure out why the Pats haven't signed a single S this off season. I can only assume it's because they are happy with group they already have.

BTW- anyone have the exact number of players the Pats currently have under contract?
word is that we brought back Mills to play safety... he's no longer a cb apparently...

and per OTC, we currently have 74 players under contract

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back