PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign QB Kessler

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he's here for a week, then cut, does he get a ring if the team wins the Super Bowl this season?

This move is a one week tryout. They needed a 3rd QB and Develin's injury afforded the team the opportunity to look at Kessler.

Look good and you might stick when Watson comes back.

They use the bottom roster spot as a revolving door.

So if he's here for a week, then cut, does he get a ring if the team wins the Super Bowl this season?

Antonio Brown likes this post

Antonio Brown likes this post

If they win the SB, I can almost guarantee you Kraft won't give him a ring. Had the twitter storm not happened Sunday, I think this would be a possibility.

You mean "when" the team.

You need to go to how old are you thread and vote since there is no one under 20 listed and you qualify, unless you are really 69 and a Chiefs fan like some suspect.

If they win the SB, I can almost guarantee you Kraft won't give him a ring...

thatsthejoke.jpg

The biggest of which is giving birth.

Not sure that happened. It could have been a pet finders experiment gone bad.

I don't know if people remember, but in a 2007 game against the Dolphins with the Pats up 42-14, Matt Cassel came in for Brady and in his first series threw a pick six to Jason Taylor. Belichick quickly reinserted Brady. Sort of amazing, really, when you figure the very low probability that a pick six might occur on any passing play.

Last edited:
You sign Kessler because Stidmen has been shaky. I was never sold on him from the get go. Undersized. Did you see Stidmen next to Brady? He looks like the Goats kid brother.

It's not bust status yet, but Stidmen has a long way to go to not be the 2nd coming of Ryan Mallet.

Using up a precious roster spot on a 3rd QB is very telling after the roster was set with 2 QBs like in years past.

You sign Kessler because Stidmen has been shaky. I was never sold on him from the get go. Undersized. Did you see Stidmen next to Brady? He looks like the Goats kid brother.

It's not bust status yet, but Stidmen has a long way to go to not be the 2nd coming of Ryan Mallet.

Using up a precious roster spot on a 3rd QB is very telling after the roster was set with 2 QBs like in years past.
This is wrong he made one bad pass they havent lost sight on him.

Can't really be a bust if you're a 4th round pick.

Can't really be a bust if you're a 4th round pick.

Bust status is someone who is supposed to be groomed to take over at NE QB and looks like ***,

th-1.jpeg

I suspect that many of us are uncomfortable with the choice of carrying Stidham as the player to count on if Brady were injured. Some fans just concede the season if Brady were to be injured; others prefer to have a backup that can bring us to the playoffs.

I preferred Hoyer as a backup that could take the team to the playoffs if Brady were out for a few games. I do NOT have the same confidence in Stidham; and no, one play is not determinative.

So, sure, let Stidham develop. However, bringing in a vet, for me, is a plus.
I agree that Stidham needs to develop, and I agree that bringing in a vet is a plus. I don’t necessarily believe that Kessler is that guy to carry us to the playoffs if Brady goes down, but he’ll get his chance to surprise. Hoyer had his ups and downs & would’ve given us a fighting chance, but he’s not a playoff caliber QB either.

If they win the SB, I can almost guarantee you Kraft won't give him a ring. Had the twitter storm not happened Sunday, I think this would be a possibility.
It'll be moot, though, because won't it be the Chiefs?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey