PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign QB Kessler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the ferocity with which a lot of people are ****ting all over the first player they can get their hands...or asses on. People need to calm the hell down and let some of these guys make mistakes, and develop. The fact that we can do that is an incredible luxury!

???

Who's being **** on?

I suspect that many of us are uncomfortable with the choice of carrying Stidham as the player to count on if Brady were injured. Some fans just concede the season if Brady were to be injured; others prefer to have a backup that can bring us to the playoffs.

I preferred Hoyer as a backup that could take the team to the playoffs if Brady were out for a few games. I do NOT have the same confidence in Stidham; and no, one play is not determinative.

So, sure, let Stidham develop. However, bringing in a vet, for me, is a plus.

I don’t understand the ferocity with which a lot of people are ****ting all over the first player they can get their hands...or asses on. People need to calm the hell down and let some of these guys make mistakes, and develop. The fact that we can do that is an incredible luxury!

I'm not saying that you're wrong. I will say, though, that if BB thought nobody was going to have interest in Hoyer as a backup, BB was being an idiot. It was obvious that a bunch of teams were going to be in the market.
I may be an idiot but BB is not. If anything he may have taken Hoyer/his market for granted.

and others have him as the QB who will lead to glory every year after Brady retires.
=============
Stidham's career is not determined by one play, one game, or even his first season.

Not you. Others were crapping on Stidham as if his career is over because of the pick 6.

I suspect that many of us are uncomfortable with the choice of carrying Stidham as the player to count on if Brady were injured. Some fans just concede the season if Brady were to be injured; others prefer to have a backup that can bring us to the playoffs.

I preferred Hoyer as a backup that could take the team to the playoffs if Brady were out for a few games. I do NOT have the same confidence in Stidham; and no, one play is not determinative.

Kessler is not much of vet if that’s your reasoning.

Last edited:
I may be an idiot but BB is not. If anything he may have taken Hoyer/his market for granted.

I wasn't calling you an idiot, in any way, and you have my sincerest apologies if my post was written in such a way that you thought I was doing so. My point was that, if BB thought Hoyer was going to go "unclaimed", he badly misread an obvious market. I don't think he thought Hoyer would be without suitors, because he's too thorough to make that sort of mistake. I'd be more inclined to think that he misread the financial part of that market, and thought that the offers would be close enough to what Hoyer would get if re-signed in N.E. that he'd turn the competitor offers down. If BB were to acknowledge that, then I could get behind the "BB wanted 3 QBs the whole time" argument a lot more easily.

I’d be more comfortable with him over Stidham obviously, but neither makes me confident if Tom goes down. We would need every ounce of that defence to win games.

This. I don't think anyone is seriously killing Stidham's career over the one appearance. I do think that it reinforces the argument that he's not ready, and that the team erred by not being sure to have a ready backup available in case of a minor TB12 injury.

I wasn't calling you an idiot, in any way, and you have my sincerest apologies if my post was written in such a way that you thought I was doing so. My point was that, if BB thought Hoyer was going to go "unclaimed", he badly misread an obvious market. I don't think he thought Hoyer would be without suitors, because he's too thorough to make that sort of mistake. I'd be more inclined to think that he misread the financial part of that market, and thought that the offers would be close enough to what Hoyer would get if re-signed in N.E. that he'd turn the competitor offers down. If BB were to acknowledge that, then I could get behind the "BB wanted 3 QBs the whole time" argument a lot more easily.
I agree on the financial part. Colts made it impossible to refuse.

If this signing was solely about running scout team, I would think they’d have just added a practice squad QB to do so. Etling last year being just one example.
Bingo.

We need a QB for the Practice Squad, NOT for the 53-man roster...Kessler doesn't have nearly enough arm strength to sustain success outdoors in the northeast, don't know why Bill's bothering with him...we need healthy WRs, TEs & OLmen on the 53, not a 3rd QB.

Bingo.

We need a QB for the Practice Squad, NOT for the 53-man roster...Kessler doesn't have nearly enough arm strength to sustain success outdoors in the northeast, don't know why Bill's bothering with him...we need healthy WRs, TEs & OLmen on the 53, not a 3rd QB.

If it's a one week hire for a scout team QB, and you're putting a TE on the PS, there's no reason not to put Kessler on the 53. Time will tell on that.

So does Papa Volin, if he stuck around long enough to see the result...
I bet that dude excommunicated Trollin' once he was old enough to speak

I bet that dude excommunicated Trollin' once he was old enough to speak
How do we know it wasn't Mama Volin that bailed, leaving both MCI Sr and Jr behind. A woman can only handle so many idiots.

How do we know it wasn't Mama Volin that bailed, leaving both MCI Sr and Jr behind. A woman can only handle so many idiots.
MCI Jr is afraid to face the Google truth.

We now have 3 QBs and 2 converted QBs. This must all be part of a Master Plan, that we are all obviously clueless about. :rolleyes:

We now have 3 QBs and 2 converted QBs. This must all be part of a Master Plan, that we are all obviously clueless about. :rolleyes:

The latest offensive innovation: Five QB's, five OL, and whichever skill guy has the most cat-like quickness. Who will throw and who will go? No one knows! We call it the @SammyBlueCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye