PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign QB Kessler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady wants Wednesday off like last year.

They had 3 QBs. They cut one, despite him having a decent amount of guaranteed money. So, it can't just be that they always wanted to go with 3 QBs. Could it be that they didn't plan properly? Sure. Could it be that the team is concerned about Stidham for this year? Sure. Could it be, bizarrely, that this is just a one week thing, even though it's at the QB position? Sure. Could it be something else? Sure.

But it can't simply be that the team is following an earlier plan to keep 3 QBs on the roster, because they torpedoed that when they cut Hoyer.

Some funny a$s$ replies in this thread. It should be locked before someone gets hurt and IR'd. Too early in the season to have a pile on that list. Then again, it wouldn't hurt to have some on here on IR. Is that even possible, Ian? (I didn't put a @ before his name as I wasn't seriously serious).

Cassell in his 3rd year had a bigger flub against the dolphins

I thought it was bizarre that up 23, they put stidham out there to try plays they probably should not be trying at that point......what happened to handing the ball off with an occaisional 5 yard slant to get someone beginner reps?

I thought it would have been more important to get jakob out there as a lead blocker

He ruined the spread! I’d be upset too.

We were ALL upset too. :mad:
Never mind that! I was well on my way to recovery of my dignity in Alamo's weekly scoring contest (I picked 34-6 Patriots) before that bum Stidham got in the game!

If he were headed for the Practice Squad, I think that we would have signed him to the Practice Squad.

2. Though I'm having a bit of a problem with the fact he's being signed to the 53. It could be he's added to the roster for just this week and will then go to the PS afterward. Anyone have clear info on PS eligibility?

Maybe Stidmen is a bad QB.

Bad like Corn Pop.
I think you mean popcorn. It's only bad for you if you put too much butter and salt on it.

Replacement for Brown?

If he were headed for the Practice Squad, I think that we would have signed him to the Practice Squad.
You'd think, right. But perhaps it was a week at the increased pay a game day check would pay Kessler is what got him to sign here.

At any rate, though we did need a 3rd arm for the team to practice with, the signing seems a bit odd.....so far.

Seriously this guy is not even worth an active roster spot gotta think he's gone by next Monday.

We can pay the increased pay to players on the Practice Squad.

You'd think, right. But perhaps it was a week at the increased pay a game day check would pay Kessler is what got him to sign here.

At any rate, though we did need a 3rd arm for the team to practice with, the signing seems a bit odd.....so far.

Seriously this guy is not even worth an active roster spot gotta think he's gone by next Monday.

If Brady's calf is in need of a bit of care and rest, having a third QB running the scout team for a week or two makes at least some sense. It's not perfect, but it's better than "They just want 3 QBs".

They had 3 QBs. They cut one, despite him having a decent amount of guaranteed money. So, it can't just be that they always wanted to go with 3 QBs. Could it be that they didn't plan properly? Sure. Could it be that the team is concerned about Stidham for this year? Sure. Could it be, bizarrely, that this is just a one week thing, even though it's at the QB position? Sure. Could it be something else? Sure.

But it can't simply be that the team is following an earlier plan to keep 3 QBs on the roster, because they torpedoed that when they cut Hoyer.
I wanted Hoyer. BB probably thought he was the only nfl guy who wanted Hoyer. It’s taken 3 weeks to find a guy that brings enough to what’s needed.

Any guesses whether it will be Kellerman or Parker who is first to claim this is competition for Brady?????

I wanted Hoyer. BB probably thought he was the only nfl guy who wanted Hoyer. It’s taken 3 weeks to find a guy that brings enough to what’s needed.

I'm not saying that you're wrong. I will say, though, that if BB thought nobody was going to have interest in Hoyer as a backup, BB was being an idiot. It was obvious that a bunch of teams were going to be in the market.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Bringing in a QB to make sure Stidham gets practice snaps working with the offense and not just running the scout team DOES make sense. I have been cheering for a QB addition to the PS since day one.

2. Though I'm having a bit of a problem with the fact he's being signed to the 53. It could be he's added to the roster for just this week and will then go to the PS afterward. Anyone have clear info on PS eligibility?

3. I don't understand the ferocity of the damning of Stidham after his play in the Jets game. He threw 3 passes. The first 2 were accurate completions the last was an overthrow that ended with a horrible result. But in the end it was just ONE overthrow, Any yet several here make it sound like the play was an unpardonable sin. Seems like a terrible overreaction to me, While I was reading the thread it was almost like being on a "game day" thread.

The kid was 61 of 90 in the preseason. 67% completion rate. 4 TD's one pick Pretty good for a rookie we ALL thought. The overthrow was a pass that no one would have given a second thought to if Adams hadn't been in the area and it dropped incomplete.

4. My GUESS is that Kessler is relegated to the PS (if eligible) after this week. Nice payday for him though?

I don’t understand the ferocity with which a lot of people are ****ting all over the first player they can get their hands...or asses on. People need to calm the hell down and let some of these guys make mistakes, and develop. The fact that we can do that is an incredible luxury!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents