PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Cameron Meredith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best PUP WR corp in the league; hands down!! :D

Doesn’t hurt to give him a shot but I’m not expecting anything. That was a pretty gruesome knee injury and he wasn’t exactly the fastest guy in the league before it.

Best PUP WR corp in the league; hands down!! :D

I was just thinking that! I know the Giants are gunning for the title, but Edelman, Gordon, Thomas and Mitchell all under contract but not practicing--that's pretty formidable.

I was just thinking that! I know the Giants are gunning for the title, but Edelman, Gordon, Thomas and Mitchell all under contract but not practicing--that's pretty formidable.

No Mitchell this year :(

Signed and immediately placed on PUP?
One can only wonder how long.

we have a shadow roster / taxi squad!

Gotcha!

Who was let go? Or were we under the 90 man limit?

No complaints and not expecting much if anything...
an offensive lineman must have retired.

PUP was a masterful move by BB. Love it!

I hope that this is not a "bad signal" for all (like me) Gordon fans :confused:

I think Belichick is pretty honest in the way he approaches some things. When it comes to a player like Gordon I think the team doesn't plan around the hope they'll play because you can't gamble your roster building on hopes of some guy being given another shot by the league.

For those who may not have seen the injury. Apologies if already posted.

I'd be willing to bet he doesn't make it out of TC, but as a flyer sure, he seems worth it. No real downside to giving him a shot.

Doesn’t hurt to give him a shot but I’m not expecting anything. That was a pretty gruesome knee injury and he wasn’t exactly the fastest guy in the league before it.
4.42 isn't fast?? 6.78 three cone isn't quick? I don't know what he is now, but he came into the league both fast and quick

Pro Football Focus graded out Meredith as the best double move route runner in the NFL in 2016. I know, PFF... but it is something. Before the knee injury he seemed to be a slot monster in the making.
So he sucks at it then. What is he good at?

I think Belichick is pretty honest in the way he approaches some things. When it comes to a player like Gordon I think the team doesn't plan around the hope they'll play because you can't gamble your roster building on hopes of some guy being given another shot by the league.

Yep

Gordon is a possible bonus, not someone you write in, This is a really good roster but they aren’t done by any means.

Who would have predicted that raw QB convert Jakobi Meyers would hit the ground running while N'Keal Harry--the supposed safest WR in the draft, the guy who blew teams away with his football IQ--would start slowly?

I have not read it in reports but I would not be surprised if the expectations based on where both were drafted (or not) in addition to which of the DBs they are facing during their reps makes it feel like Meyers is outplaying Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents