PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Cameron Meredith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he get re-injured while signing his deal?
Has he had more than one injury in his career? Yes, it was a REALLY bad one, but it's not like he's Bob Sanders or something, year after year with a different issue.

The Saints obviously thought that he lost a lot that he'd not be able to get back, since they didn't gain much cap space in cutting him.

These 6'3" guys... no more smurfs, I guess (unless Berrios turns it around)

Pro Football Focus graded out Meredith as the best double move route runner in the NFL in 2016. I know, PFF... but it is something. Before the knee injury he seemed to be a slot monster in the making.
Yep! Love the signing if he get healthy & in sync with the horned n’ hooved one. Smooth route runner with natural hands. Also, that double move he put on Patrick Robinson (IND) in 2016 was killer!

Last edited:
He has cleared his medical this year but had still suffered pain and swelling last season and could not stay healthy.

Steal if healthy. Big IF.

Meanwhile, the Colts are trying to sign Brandon Marshall :rolleyes:

What's the trend here?
BB seeing the dual threat tight end as the equivalent of a white unicorn?
Everyone is looking for the next Edelman so BB is looking for tall, slow, slot receivers?

My Son Covered Him When He Was Doing Sports Anchor In Chicago And Said If healthy he has a Big Upside.

BB is looking for tall, slow, slot receivers?
How is a 4.42 40 and a 6.76 3-cone "slow"??

He may be slow now, if the knee isn't right, but before that he wasn't slow.

My Son Covered Him When He Was Doing Sports Anchor In Chicago And Said If healthy he has a Big Upside.
Yes, if he gets healthy he’s an excellent WR. I know it’s pretty unlikely but imagine if everything ideally fell into place WR-wise.

Edelman
Harry
Gordon
D. Thomas
Meredith
Meyers
Dorsett
Harris
Inman
Etc... obviously, we wouldn’t keep 9 WRs, but you get the point. That’s the best WR corp in the league. One can only dream.

Last edited:
Snippet from an article claims he ran a 4.42 & 4.45 at his Pro day, 39 vertical & 6.76 3 cone, very interesting numbers.

Wide receiver Cameron Meredith (6-3 3/8, 207) ran the 40 in 4.42 and 4.45 seconds. He had a 39-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-7 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.17 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.76 seconds. He performed 12 lifts on the bench press. He had a good positional workout and could be a priority free-agent pickup following the draft.
All that's interesting but its info from 2015. That is a long time and many injuries ago, including an ACL.

I don't know but he seems like another guy like Gordon, and DThomas. If it's true that his knee swells up after a couple of practices, it''s not a good sing that he can be of use anytime soon. It like throwing sh!t against the wall and hoping something sicks. It's not a bad strategy as long as you have TIME and patience.

How is a 4.42 40 and a 6.76 3-cone "slow"??

He may be slow now, if the knee isn't right, but before that he wasn't slow.
Hard to believe a kid with those measurements didn't get drafted??

Yes, if he gets healthy he’s an excellent WR. I know it’s pretty unlikely but imagine if everything ideally fell into place WR-wise.

Edelman
Harry
Gordon
D. Thomas
Meredith
Meyers
Dorsett
Harris
Inman
Etc... obviously, we wouldn’t keep 9 WRs, but you get the point. That’s the best WR corp in the league. One can only dream.

The only locks here are Edelman and Harry. DT will end up on PUP to start the season and Gordon suspended. Inman just a question of time before he gets released.

So it is Harris, Dorsett, Meyers and Meredith for most probably 3 spots on the initial roster.

What is really curious is what happens if everyone stays healthy and DT is ready to come off PUP. Similar with Gordon. Especially because out of all of those Meyers would be the only one who is signed for next year.

Hard to believe a kid with those measurements didn't get drafted??
Illinois State, and only one season of tape probably explains it

Plus it was a pro day measurement, not the combine, since he wasn't invited.

The only locks here are Edelman and Harry. DT will end up on PUP to start the season and Gordon suspended. Inman just a question of time before he gets released.

So it is Harris, Dorsett, Meyers and Meredith for most probably 3 spots on the initial roster.

What is really curious is what happens if everyone stays healthy and DT is ready to come off PUP. Similar with Gordon. Especially because out of all of those Meyers would be the only one who is signed for next year.
Yeah, I know. Just wishful thinking, which I stated.

Throw **** against the wall and see if something sticks.

When it comes to WRs, I wonder if there's really any other way to do it. Who would have predicted that raw QB convert Jakobi Meyers would hit the ground running while N'Keal Harry--the supposed safest WR in the draft, the guy who blew teams away with his football IQ--would start slowly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents