PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Cameron Meredith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully disagree sir.

You can disagree all you want but it still doesn’t make any sense at all. Brady covets the relationship he has with receivers and you want him to go into the season without a single WR or TE that he has a working relationship with.

Is he having a rough camp? I had not heard that yet.

Me either, I think people are making sh.t up and throwing it at the wall.

Seems like a contender to get IRed and see how he progresses with an option to return mid season.
Why IR someone who is already PUP eligible?

If Gordon comes back,

I see

Harry
Edelman
Gordon
Dorsett
Meyers

I really don't see them carrying 6 WRs.

By all reports Harris has stood out for them, and you don’t have him making the team?

By all reports Harris has stood out for them, and you don’t have him making the team?
Dorsett has experience with TB12 and Meyers has been outstanding in camp and we don't carry 6 WRs.

Dorsett has experience with TB12 and Meyers has been outstanding in camp and we don't carry 6 WRs.
4 plus Slater, keep cutting.

???

Shall we list all the UDFA's who flashed in camp since Brady has been here. How many made the 53? How many contributed?

The name for an UDFA who is good enough to good enough to be fighting for the 5th or 6th WR spot is called a Practice Squad player.

To cut?

Goodness.....

???

Shall we list all the UDFA's who flashed in camp since Brady has been here. How many made the 53? How many contributed?

The name for an UDFA who is good enough to good enough to be fighting for the 5th or 6th WR spot is called a Practice Squad player.
I put Meyers on a higher shelf than you.

I think Harris has made better progress then Meyers since mini camp started. It's my belief the coaches specifically decided to go less to him because he was kicking everyone else's ass and they needed to see what they have in the other players...and this is why Meyers has come on strong lately. IMO both Harris and Meyers belong on the 53...Dorsett as well.

Dorsett has had a rough camp so far and the deep ball connection between him and Brady is not working. While I still see him making the team as of right now, I would not be shocked if he doesn't.

What deep ball connection ?

Dorsett is not a deep threat type player. Where he looked most effective was at the intermediate range around the boundary as well as WR screens.

He had an almost perfect catch rate last year including touchdowns against SD and the big one against KC. Also please point me to the beat writer that said that he had a rough camp so far because we have not heard much at all about him. Neither negative nor positive.

I think Harris has made better progress then Meyers since mini camp started. It's my belief the coaches specifically decided to go less to him because he was kicking everyone else's ass and they needed to see what they have in the other players...and this is why Meyers has come on strong lately. IMO both Harris and Meyers belong on the 53...Dorsett as well.
Have they been targeting Harris less? I know yesterday they pulled Meyers as TB12 was locking in on him (...and catching 3 balls in a row)

Have they been targeting Harris less? I know yesterday they pulled Meyers as TB12 was locking in on him (...and catching 3 balls in a row)

Yeah I THINK they pulled / targeted Harris less previously in the same way they did Meyers

Yeah I THINK they pulled Harris previously in the same way they did Meyers
OK. Not disagreeing. Hadn't noticed. Wouldn't surprise me.

What deep ball connection ?

Dorsett is not a deep threat type player. Where he looked most effective was at the intermediate range around the boundary as well as WR screens.

He had an almost perfect catch rate last year including touchdowns against SD and the big one against KC. Also please point me to the beat writer that said that he had a rough camp so far because we have not heard much at all about him. Neither negative nor positive.

No deep ball connection. Brady is 0/6 so far in camp on deep balls to Dorsett. Yep, he is doing the intermediate stuff well but this isn't adding a new dimension to the offense. I would keep him due to his recent success in the playoffs though.

It seems like every time we start saying "we don't" about an aspect of Patriots roster building, suddenly we do. :)

This year, what with so many unknowns at WR, what with Gordon hard to rely on even if he's reinstated, what with expecting only modest contributions from the TE position....if there ever were a time to go heavy on WRs this would be it.

Don't think we can count on Gordon this year, if he's reinstated, we know he's making the 53. Before playing any preseason games I'm thinking our wide receivers will be:

Edleman (lock)
Harry (lock)
Dorsett (lock)

Then the next two spots will come down to :

Berrios
Meyers
Harris

Seems there is a big gap between the top six and the rest:

Patterson
Inman
Gunner
Etling

Don't think we can count on Gordon this year, if he's reinstated, we know he's making the 53. Before playing any preseason games I'm thinking our wide receivers will be:

Edleman (lock)
Harry (lock)
Dorsett (lock)

Berrios
Meyers
Harris

Patterson
Inman
Gunner
Etling

If it’s 5 then it will be Harris and Meyers imo, and if they want to keep Gordon around they will basically be forced to carry 6, because there is no way to know if he will be suspended at any given moment..

If it’s 5 then it will be Harris and Meyers imo, and if they want to keep Gordon around they will basically be forced to carry 6, because there is no way to know if he will be suspended at any given moment..
Not only that but for the first time in 10 years the team has very average TEs

Edleman (lock)
Harry (lock)
Dorsett (lock)

Berrios
Meyers
Harris

Patterson
Inman
Gunner
Etling
Demarius Thomas cut or PUP’ed? I’m thinking the latter. He’s got previous experience in a JMcD offense and can utilize his size as a RZ target. He’s probably worth keeping around and bringing back around Halloween-time.

Then again, I could also see BB just letting him go to allow him the opportunity to latch on with someone else. Thus far, we haven’t really heard a word about his injury status, or how well he’s progressing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back