PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots select WR Tyquan Thornton at 50.

EF996D33-C960-4194-A33F-A2B4118258A8.jpeg
Why pass him up?

I love some speed and we have been lacking that for year but ehhh this kid needs a milkshake and a sandwich.

I like this pick a lot. What this offense lacks is explosiveness. Thornton brings that big time. Fastest receiver at the combine, probably the fastest Patriot ever. 4.28 forty, 36.5 vertical at 6’2”
1/2. I wanted explosiveness to help Mac. I think the additions of Parker and Thornton will help this offense score more and be more dangerous overall as an offense. I think what he brings to the table outweighs the possible reach over other receivers.

I don’t have anything negative to say against this pick. I’ve known about Thornton for quite some time, and I’m psyched about his size/speed ratio. He’s a burner, he’s a true deep threat. Had 62 catches 948 yards and 10 td catches last year, catching passes from guys not named Mac Jones. Thornton even threw a TD pass last year. And despite his slim build, he’s a pretty good blocker.

I was not indicating that. If he has good football IQ smarts, he should be a keeper. It's just not the route tree, but also understand coverages.

Bethel Johnson could not learn the playbook. Ocho Cinco as well. Joey Galloway, and Sanu.

You're misunderstanding what I wrote. I didn't implicate you in anything. I was going with the Steeler's Depot claim of a "limited route tree" of 3 routes. I mentioned the 5 that I saw as a rebuttal to the site's claim.

Where did you see that Sanu had problems with the playbook? I always viewed Sanu's issue was that he got injured and then wouldn't take a pay cut.

Zipster already has this kid as Bethel Johnson II..can you at least wait until minis before you throw this kid under the bus, Zip?...jeezus krist
No. He didn't say that, Joker.

He answered a question I asked about where he saw the "limited route tree" statement. I responded back saying I saw Thornton run 5 different routes. And the 3 routes I didn't see were because of the offense being run.

He IS correct, though, that the Pats play-book has a history of chewing up receivers. So, it will be interesting to see how Thornton does with it. There isn't much said about Thornton's Football IQ.

If you have some stuff, please share. I'd appreciate it.

You're misunderstanding what I wrote. I didn't implicate you in anything. I was going with the Steeler's Depot claim of a "limited route tree" of 3 routes. I mentioned the 5 that I saw as a rebuttal to the site's claim.

Where did you see that Sanu had problems with the playbook? I always viewed Sanu's issue was that he got injured and then wouldn't take a pay cut.

Musket Fire
11/02/2020

Mohamed Sanu continuing to talk trash on Patriots is sad.​

After undergoing successful surgery in the offseason, Sanu showed up to training camp with a glaring lack of burst and overall concentration, as he was reportedly dropping routine passes on a regular basis. These struggles ultimately led to his release in September and he has since spent his time — along with a brief pit stop in San Francisco, of course — taking shots at the Patriots.

For those wondering, Sanu is seemingly still holding a grudge against New England. Clearly running out of trash to talk, however, the former third-round pick opted to criticize both the Patriots’ playbook and style of practice, the latter of which he claims would “burn people out.”

“It was definitely a hard playbook,” Sanu admitted in a recent interview with Sports Illustrated. “That offense was much different. It was a harder process. You had to study. You had to figure out how to master it.

“The way they practiced was a lot different than the way we practiced, the way I practiced in Atlanta. They (the Falcons) would manage your reps, so you’d be fresh for the game. But in New England, we’d take every rep, just so we could build chemistry. All the starters took every rep.”

“Baylor Burner” or just a taller Brandin Cooks?

I like this pick a lot. What this offense lacks is explosiveness. Thornton brings that big time. Fastest receiver at the combine, probably the fastest Patriot ever. 4.28 forty, 36.5 vertical at 6’2”
1/2. I wanted explosiveness to help Mac. I think the additions of Parker and Thornton will help this offense score more and be more dangerous overall as an offense. I think what he brings to the table outweighs the possible reach over other receivers.

I don’t have anything negative to say against this pick. I’ve known about Thornton for quite some time, and I’m psyched about his size/speed ratio. He’s a burner, he’s a true deep threat. Had 62 catches 948 yards and 10 td catches last year, catching passes from guys not named Mac Jones. Thornton even threw a TD pass last year. And despite his slim build, he’s a pretty good blocker.

FRjfyG1X0AAI7gO

This player has far more PLUS measurables than negative. You cannot coach up speed. This entire board screams ad nauseum that Agholor sucks and the WR's are turtles...well...I believe it's worth taking this chance because I've SEEN what elite football speed means in a multi-WR attack. The pick checks all the boxes IMO. Anybody screaming about this kid's "build" is ignorant of the the Patriots program.Period.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back