PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots select WR Tyquan Thornton at 50.

Ravens having a underrated draft
Idk if underrated is the right word bc it seems everyone is in agreement that they're having one of if not the best draft out of 31 other teams.

Transformed that DL in 2 drafts.

Oweh & Ojabo were HS teammates

Oweh
Campbell
Travis Jones
Madubuike
Ojabo/Bowser is pretty good.

Kyle Hamilton and Linderbaum were considered two of the best prospects in the class.

Killing it so far

Last year when we drafted Rhamondre Stevenson I watched the YouTube videos and thought that guy is big, smooth, and can catch the ball. When Stevenson played in 2021 I thought the same thing - he is smooth and an amazing receiver for his size. When I watch Thornton's tape, I think this kid is natural speed with multiple gears. Nothing fabricated about his 40 time by working with a running coach - this kid could fly from birth. Thornton looks smooth, catches the ball away from his body, jump balls, fades, etc. Looks very natural and polished which I believe will translate to the NFL just like Stevenson translated to the NFL. Love this pick. If he sticks we also do not need a $20M a year FA receiver. Fingers crossed.

The highlights I saw just now look really good.

Matthew Slater is one of those speed burners and great on special teams, but he is not very effective as a WR. I was worried that Thornton was one of those straight line speed guys without good moves, but what I saw convinvced me otherwise. The Patriots may have, finally, drafted a good WR, maybe a great one. Whew.

"Maturity Issues" is about as generous as you can describe what ails George Pickens.
Here’s to Pickens becoming Martavis Bryant 2.0

6’3 very long arms, insane speed 4.2 and game tape he looks fast…still a project though. We don’t know how how he’ll translate Vs nfl corners but he’s a different type than we’ve drafted in past with height speed and separation ability.

I like the pick butttt what did we like about him we didn’t about Pickens? Pickens looks like a pro bowl talent on film
Pickens has amazing athletic abilities worthy of a WR1, but apparently a lot of "character" red flags is what dropped him into day 2.

Didnt N. Harry have 1 of these videos as well?
They were all contested catches. Also, there was one run in the open field where a big DL caught up to him. That should've been a red flag.

I said I wanted speed yesterday and we got it. Can't complain about the pick hopefully he pans out

Deleted - someone beat me to it.

I like the pick but not trading up to round 2 with a stud like Pickens on the board. Pickens was easily the better value there

Here we go...Pats Try to get massive speed, they do...and fans say just "stats aren't good enough"
This guy is FAF, he could be a game changer, I say we give him a chance, why put him down? How many STUDS weren't STUDS when they were drafted?
I want this guy to succeed, I won't put him down because of school/Heritage/girlfriend/parents.. anything
I want this kid to break records, Is THAT gonna happen? Prolly not, but I can hope, and that's what I will do.
What's the POINT OF THIS?
FKN *******
I like the pick but not trading up to round 2 with a stud like Pickens on the board. Pickens was easily the better value there
How do you figure? Consider the COST.

I believe that the conditioning team at the Patriots are held in high regard so if they think that Thornton needs to put on some weight then I would not see this as a problem.

Let's give him a chance.
That's all I ask for, stop Squearing EVERY draft pick, Bill isn't as Stupid as you think, you guys Are beyond pathetic.
Maybe they don't all workout (they NEVER DO), BUT we'll be good IMO.
Some assholes LOOK FORWARD to Bills MISTAKES, but don't give him love for his finds.. Stephen Neal.. STUD, I guess every other team THOUGHT he was a BUM...Andruzzi...idiots...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back