PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots resign Marquis Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish it was a long term deal but, probably wants to prove himself for more money. He's a solid player and I think he has some potential.

Nice. Add two talented LBers from the deepest LB draft in years & all of a sudden looking solid:

Hightower
Van Noy
High draft pick
Flowers
Mid draft pick

Leighton Vander Esch if he falls. Lorenzo Carter in the 2nd if he does not.

Borderline starter, Speedy LB who's good on STs. Glad to have him back.

With Hightower healthy I think KVN and Flowers actually make a good group. If we trusted High to stay healthy I'd say we were ok but we still need one more LB capable of starting.

Probably was overwhelmed in the Super Bowl because the line was weak but played way beyond my expectations last year.

Not sure if he's 90% of the snaps guy but we'll see how much more upside he has.

They may go QB or nose tackle.
Or safety

If Belichick even thinks they are contemplating safety he may have to move up to strike preemptively. Belichick is to safeties as Belushi was to cheeseburgers

tenor.gif

I like it. LB is one of the areas left that needs more competition, and he gives you that. Could use one or two more due to injury concerns, but I feel pretty comfortable with High and Van Noy as the two 90% guys, and a rotation of Roberts and Flowers situationally. If a rookie wins the job from Roberts, all the better.

I don't get Kyed saying that Brandon King is on the LB depth chart. King hasn't ever lined up at LB to my knowledge. I only remember his defensive snaps being at safety. Unless he's referring to the Hybrid role that Chung plays..

Nice. They have been quietly shoring up their weaknesses while maintaining cap discipline. Good re-sign.

they haven't shored up a weakness......their LB's couldn't cover last year and they can't cover now

overall, the unit severely lacks in physicality

He could or we grab Evans. I like Burks as well.

I would use the 63 and 96 to move 31 and 43 up.......quantity is not what this team needs given how many UDFA's wind up being effective

would be nice to wind up with both vander esch and evans

Good signing but let's reel in Fleming and/or Waddle to wrap up the process
with our guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes