PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots reportedly waive OT Yodny Cajuste

Sorry, when you pick 10 players and 4 years later only 2 aren't still in the nfl, with one of those two just being cut, it is just plain ignornant to call it the worst draft class ever.
I mean the Raiders had two firsts in 2020, and both are out of the league and both facing prison time. . . .

The Tavais ****ing Suck.
You think so? I feel jhalani has gotten better and better.. some guys just need playing time.. riding the bench does nothing for a players development

I know so.

Nope... Jalopy still sucks.

Perhaps... But in the Tavais' case that's not happening.
Well since you know so then don't waste your time telling me lol tell BB.. he thinks he's good enough to be playing..

He is a acending player that maximizes his opportunities.. he doesn't suck.

So opinions are like ass holes we all got 1..

They still need bodies for TC, including a viable LT candidate & a prospect for the pipeline.
They have 15 OL on the roster. Why do they need MORE bodies?

The dude was a predictable Bust we all know that now; but... and I posted this in the other Cachoo thread, but why now instead of the end of TC? How much money will/would really be saved if he were to sign for the Bare Minimum after he clears waivers, if that's indeed the Plan?
2M will be saved..

I know so.

Nope... Jalopy still sucks.

Perhaps... But in the Tavais' case that's not happening.
Who's still out there in FA that you think we should be in on at LB ?

the space they needed to create was on the 90 not cap. This was to sign Tavai’s little brother. If 6’1” and 285 can be called little.
You're not telling me anything I don't already know. I was responding to a guy that said the Pats needed cap space. And they didn't.

Can't decide whether you are a fool or a knave:

RD1: N'Keal Harry, #Bears RD2: Joejuan Williams, #Vikings RD3: Chase Winovich, #Texans RD3: Damien Harris, #Bills RD3: Yodny Cajuste was waived today by NE RD4: Halte Froholdt, #Cardinals RD4: Jarrett Stidham, #Broncos RD5: Byron Cowart, #Texans RD5: Jake Bailey, #Dolphins RD7: Ken Webster, CFL Roughriders

Only the 7th round pick is out of the league (assuming Cajuste is picked up). It's way beyond moronic to call this the worst draft class in NFL history. Hope for your sake you are trolling.

They traded their Harry thier first round pick for a 7th round pick in 2044, Slowjuan was a reach in round 2 and will go down in history with the likes of Ras IR, Ron Brace, Jermaine Cunningham, Aaron Dobson, Cyrus Jones, Duke Dawson, and who can forget.. Jordan Richards. Damien Harris was a solid back, Winovich never fit in.

Its the players taken AFTER these horrible picks that really makes you puke...

Harry (32): Deebo Samuels (36)
Slojuan (45): A.J. Brown (51), D.K. Metcalf (64)

The Pats had 7 of the top 133 picks in that draft and struck out on all 7 picks!!

RD1: N'Keal Harry, #Bears RD2: Joejuan Williams, #Vikings RD3: Chase Winovich, #Texans RD3: Damien Harris, #Bills RD3: Yodny Cajuste was waived today by NE RD4: Halte Froholdt, #Cardinals RD4: Jarrett Stidham, #Broncos RD5: Byron Cowart, #Texans RD5: Jake Bailey, #Dolphins RD7: Ken Webster, CFL Roughriders
How's that draft working out for the Patriots now? Only 4 years later. Absolutely nada to show for it. The only player on that list who doesn't suck is Damien Harris and he is going to be a perfect fit in Buffalo whereas Belichick apparently had no more use for him. Better hope Rhamondre holds up with a big jump in carries. I love the player but he only had 210 carries last season (18th in the league). After Rhamondre there's not much left in the Patriots RB spot.

But yeah, that 2019 Patriots draft class in a disgrace.

Shame, I was hoping Cajuste would develop into one of the OTs spots, but he just never got going with injuries. Hope he connects to another roster or comes back in time. With this brick falling as well, I presume they have a longterm OT plan, but no idea what is it currently.

Agree, the longterm contributions of the 2017, 2018 and 2019 drafts to the 2023 Patriots roster are really disappointing. Wise and Bentley are only ones remaining on 2nd contracts.

The slightly odd thing is so few drafted in these years have completely flamed out of the league. Bailey, Harris, Stidham, Winowich, Froholdt, Harry, Wynn, and Berrios, and even Dawson, Williams and Rivers are still on NFL rosters, and the only one not signed is Michel who has had a solid nfl career with 3500 scrimmage yards. So you can’t call it a complete failure overall in terms of scouting, just lots of singles and doubles and no home-runs. It makes it poor for long-term Patriots roster management though, and the lack production from the capital spent on WR1 and OT hurts.

Its a far cry from the 2009-2012 drafts with Jones, Hightower, McCourty, Gronk, Edelman, Vollmer, Cannon, Solder, Chung and Vereen. Going slightly off-topic, but I wonder how that lack of continuality affects culture and leadership on the team. It makes me think at least x2 of Dugger, Onwenu and Uche surely must get a second contract.
Dugger - definitely yes
Uche / Onwenu - Uche more likely . Mafi is probably Onwenu insurance.

The dude was a predictable Bust we all know that now; but... and I posted this in the other Cachoo thread, but why now instead of the end of TC? How much money will/would really be saved if he were to sign for the Bare Minimum after he clears waivers, if that's indeed the Plan?
It was now to make room for another Tavai, just so you’d have two Tavais to post about…

Oh... sorry I wasn't clear...

What I think happened

- We asked him to take a pay cut
- He declined
- We released him

What will/could happen
- He will learn his current value on the open market
- He could sign with another team
- We will make him an offer, less than the 2.7m he was due under the tender (we probably already have, since the request for a contract reduction came with a new contract/salary offer)
- He could either accept our or another teams offer

Simply put, after consideration, BB & Co determined he wasn't worth the tender figure... I think we would take him back at a lesser dollar figure... I wouldnt mind having him back...
Yeah this is the type of transaction where next week he signs for the minimum with no guarantee.

Our tackles are at best not terrible, and not deep.

Getting cut here doesn't send a high value signal for a tackle.

the space they needed to create was on the 90 not cap. This was to sign Tavai’s little brother. If 6’1” and 285 can be called little.
Thanks got that information.. I like the move beefing up the interior!

we never draft or sign guys named Crusher or Bonebreaker or Ronny Roadgrader...it's always these "huh???" names like Yodny or LaAdrian Waddle...
Yodny Cajuste is a household name among Patsfans. This is not performance based rather it is his actual name that is the issue that will make him memorable.

I hope he does not sign with the Lolphins. Wynn and Cajuste twice a year. That would be bad.

Two ****ing Tavais in the ****ing building are Two too ****ing many.
I can agree that I hope, with the FA and the draft, that a good sign will the release of J Tavai. But you don't know how he will play this season after a year where he got a lot of snaps playing with the regular defense. Some players DO develop over time.

As for his brother that we just signed, he's camp fodder with a hope of making the PS

This officially puts the Patriots 2019 draft in the ****ing toilet bowl. Maybe the worst draft class in the history of the NFL. And there's some pretty stiff competition from other Patriots drafts too... like each one 2014-2018. Even 2020 has some mindboggling misses (like that duo of TEs in the 3rd round... holy ****!). BB better hope his 2021-2023 draft classes work out or he's going to leave the franchise in tatters when he retires.
BTW- just HOW many times are you going to write the same post? Any time there is any discussion about the draft, REGARDLESS of the topic, we are sure to see this post repeated in the thread multiple times in different forms. Geesh

It's the job of the FO to find players good enough to play in the NFL. As Kasmir so correctly pointed out, most of those players drafted are still good enough to be in the league 4 years later, just not with us. Some like Harris left for more money, most, if you want to put in a positive light, have been replaced by better players. Good enough to be in the NFL, but not good enough HERE.

It depends on how you want to spin it

Last edited:

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick