PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots reportedly waive OT Yodny Cajuste

I can agree that I hope, with the FA and the draft, that a good sign will the release of J Tavai. But you don't know how he will play this season after a year where he got a lot of snaps playing with the regular defense. Some players DO develop over time.

As for his brother that we just signed, he's camp fodder with a hope of making the PS
For some who believe J tavai "sucks" everyone is entitled to thier own opinions however I saw a player who maximized his opportunities.. he become a solid contributing player and was actually pretty good in coverage.. I've made mention players cannot get better unless they are on the field. Riding the bench does nothing for a player unless he aspires to become a coach or scout.

Four years in and not one of the 2019 draft picks is still on the team. That is a dog$hit draft and the kind of draft that can sink a franchise. And I'm a homer.
Add 2019 2nd round Bust out Williams who in 4 years never even registered a INT.. myles Bryant had more INT'S then Williams. MYLES BRYANT!!!!!!

If the team didn't feel that Cajuste was worth the cap hit getting rid of him is the right thing. It doesn't matter which year he was drafted, keeping him to save face just compounds the problem.

I disagree.

FwcID-wWwAEpprE
To their credit I’d does say one of the worst.

Not one of the Philadelphia Eagles 2019 draft picks is still with the team and they're supposedly one of the best front offices in football.

The Pats had a bad draft class in 2019, they were drafting specifically for need.

So what... move on with your lives.

I think it was $2.9MM, so $3MM is a better round off.
PFK - It was actually less than 2M.

Cajuste contract was 2.627M as a RFA Tender.
Little Tavai's contract is 750K.

The difference being 1.877M . Round up to 2.

PFK - It was actually less than 2M.

Cajuste contract was 2.627M as a RFA Tender.
Little Tavai's contract is 750K.

The difference being 1.877M . Round up to 2.
stand corrected

I had high hopes Baby Thor was going to morph into a mini-Bru... Never quite got there... Sad to see him go
It was now to make room for another Tavai, just so you’d have two Tavais to post about…
On the subject of the crap cap.. some poster mentions.. if it saves the team 2Mili.. does that go back in our bank account or RKs. ? LOL

Next players bank account
Thank you sir! Just as I thought.. BB isn't in the business of cutting a player and not having intentions on doing something with the newly available cap room..

Cajuste’s tender was an original round tender of $2.743 million. Under the rule of 51 cap calculation, the replacing salary is not the player signed (Tavai) rather it’s the player who had the 52nd highest cap figure which in this case was Joshuah Bledsoe’s $990,087. The actual increase in cap space from Cajuste being waived is $1,752,913.

Four years in and not one of the 2019 draft picks is still on the team. That is a dog$hit draft and the kind of draft that can sink a franchise. And I'm a homer.

N'Keal was a bad pick. I'm surprised he's still in the league.

All the other players are still in the league except the 7th rounder.

Is that good or bad compared to other NFL draft classes? Do you even care to know?

Aside from N'Keal, all the others were on 4 year deals, so they're on new contracts now. Do you have any idea how many draft picks sign new contracts with their original team? Hint: on average only about 32 players -- 1.3% -- in an entire draft class end up signing new contracts with their original team.

You are also ignoring all the starts provided by that class -- Damien Harris for instance -- when they were with the Pats, and ignoring picks and players received by the Pats for those players in compensation -- Mack Wilson for instance was traded straight up for Winovich and is still with the team.

And of course you ignore UDFa's; the Pats got Jakobi Meyers in that class so will likely receive draft comp for him next year. And Calvin Anderson is ironically back with the team.

It's the usual bloviation with you guys trashing the Pats drafts, you *never* provide a baseline for expectations so you have no idea what you're talking about.

probably the worst draft pick the Pats have made.
Of the 2019 draft picks Harry is the only one without a team. Even bust out Williams who never registered a INT in 4 years found a team.

N'Keal was a bad pick. I'm surprised he's still in the league.

All the other players are still in the league except the 7th rounder.

Is that good or bad compared to other NFL draft classes? Do you even care to know?

Aside from N'Keal, all the others were on 4 year deals, so they're on new contracts now. Do you have any idea how many draft picks sign new contracts with their original team? Hint: on average only about 32 players -- 1.3% -- in an entire draft class end up signing new contracts with their original team.

You are also ignoring all the starts provided by that class -- Damien Harris for instance -- when they were with the Pats, and ignoring picks and players received by the Pats for those players in compensation -- Mack Wilson for instance was traded straight up for Winovich and is still with the team.

And of course you ignore UDFa's; the Pats got Jakobi Meyers in that class so will likely receive draft comp for him next year. And Calvin Anderson is ironically back with the team.

It's the usual bloviation with you guys trashing the Pats drafts, you *never* provide a baseline for expectations so you have no idea what you're talking about.
I see your points, I believe the focal points people have made of the 2017,18 &19 drafts were because those were the last years of Brady. Had the team drafted well and those players panned out we would have had a competitive roster post brady and not have to spend franchise records in 2021 FA.

It was just 1st round bust after bust.. Cyrus Jones, Duke dawson... you name it.

However in 2020 the trend changed and from that point we seem to have drafted some great players that can become core members and playmakers.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back