PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots reportedly waive OT Yodny Cajuste

Rough draft class for sure. It’s funny. You go to the Twitter link, and there’s countless others posting their teams draft classes that can compete for the worst. That’s just how the draft goes sometimes, and it really sucks. Can set a team back for years. Harris and Bailey were great picks. Stidham is a solid backup qb, and those are valuable. Winovich just never fit in. Definitely an odd dude, but it’s not the first Bill ever had to deal with. Was sad to see him go. Solid contributor when put in the right situations. Not an incredibly great draft by any means, but Bailey and Harris alone removes the “one of the worst drafts ever” distinction.
I had high hopes Baby Thor was going to morph into a mini-Bru... Never quite got there... Sad to see him go

If he doesn't sign elsewhere he'll be back. If he does sign elsewhere, we have similar players in Anderson and McDermott.

I agree ... Think you nailed it ... But I would add one caveat, and I think you imply this... But I'm going to spell it out anyways ... He needs to get an offer or two from other teams to establish his relative worth on the open market first... then we stand a better chance of retaining him at a lesser rate...

I hope that happens because if he kicks the injury bug he's worth keeping

I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying.

If he receives no offers, isn't it more likely he stays if invited? Or are you saying if he receives no offers the Patriots wouldn't be interested?

I was always rooting for the guy - the potential was there, might still be. But I'm not all that surprised by the move. Just couldn't stay on the field long enough to develop. Cajuste might be the name you hear 5 years from now and comes back as a back-up or something, after having a pretty good career. Or he might get hurt again and be out of the league.

I"m still thinking Strange or Sow might be on one end of the line by the end of the season. With the way the game is changing (the Eagles will now feature a 230lb DE), Strange seems more suited outside than inside against the bull rushers, which always seems like the toughest part of his game.

Also, I've got a gut feeling that Trent Brown might be the training camp shocker and might start the season somewhere else.

Exactly what I was thinking.. cap move if anything creating space Likely to make room to sign the remaining unsigned draft picks. I think he'll be back.
They didn't need any cap space to sign the rest of their picks..
the space they needed to create was on the 90 not cap. This was to sign Tavai’s little brother. If 6’1” and 285 can be called little.

I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying.

If he receives no offers, isn't it more likely he stays if invited? Or are you saying if he receives no offers the Patriots wouldn't be interested?
Oh... sorry I wasn't clear...

What I think happened

- We asked him to take a pay cut
- He declined
- We released him

What will/could happen
- He will learn his current value on the open market
- He could sign with another team
- We will make him an offer, less than the 2.7m he was due under the tender (we probably already have, since the request for a contract reduction came with a new contract/salary offer)
- He could either accept our or another teams offer

Simply put, after consideration, BB & Co determined he wasn't worth the tender figure... I think we would take him back at a lesser dollar figure... I wouldnt mind having him back...

Interesting move esp if healthy.

Could further indicate they will give Sow OT opportunity early in offseason.
With Reiff, McDermott, Stueber projected at RT this could mean LT3 spot.

They usually go with 6 OTs, 6 OGs and 3 OCs to TC - to have 3 string rotation.

Before this move they had 6 OTs, and 10 IOLs (if you counted Sow here)...

They still need bodies for TC, including a viable LT candidate & a prospect for the pipeline.

Has someone reached out to check on captain stone? He has to be crushed from this news..

The dude was a predictable Bust we all know that now; but... and I posted this in the other Cachoo thread, but why now instead of the end of TC? How much money will/would really be saved if he were to sign for the Bare Minimum after he clears waivers, if that's indeed the Plan?

Pro Day numbers are not impressive. Practice squad for sure.

Not even worth that... Dude completely ****ing Sucks... This is - yet again - another example of pure Nepotism from Notgoat.

7-10

Marcus Cannon would be at least one notable exception. He was considered a first-rounder coming out of TCU before developing cancer.

Don't know about being a first-round prospect, but Cannon was a top-75 one for sure pre-diagnosis.

Cachoo, on the other hand...

we never draft or sign guys named Crusher or Bonebreaker or Ronny Roadgrader...it's always these "huh???" names like Yodny or LaAdrian Waddle...

In his defense, I wish we had re-signed him after Solder left for the Vagiants... Would've been better than Newhouse, that's for sure... And releasing Calvin Anderson just to sign that ****ing ******* Veldheer didn't help either.

The team simply had enough. They didn't want to risk an injury and pay the salary of Cajuste when he had little chance of making the 53.
Then why re-sign him at all?

Brown, Reiff, Anderson, McDermott (PS: Steuber)
Gross.

I suspect if someone is injured or retires, Belichick will sign a backup veteran that projects to be better than Cajuste.
I wouldn't hold my breath. This FO is done signing players who don't suck until the next league year, same as last year...and the year before that...

Alternatively, perhaps the plan is for Strange or Sow to play OT this season, especially if there is an injury.

I'll believe it when I see it.

This officially puts the Patriots 2019 draft in the ****ing toilet bowl. Maybe the worst draft class in the history of the NFL. And there's some pretty stiff competition from other Patriots drafts too... like each one 2014-2018. Even 2020 has some mindboggling misses (like that duo of TEs in the 3rd round... holy ****!). BB better hope his 2021-2023 draft classes work out or he's going to leave the franchise in tatters when he retires.

Sorry, when you pick 10 players and 4 years later only 2 aren't still in the nfl, with one of those two just being cut, it is just plain ignornant to call it the worst draft class ever.

Yep... That would be 2017...or maybe 2018...

the space they needed to create was on the 90 not cap. This was to sign Tavai’s little brother. If 6’1” and 285 can be called little.

If your name isn't Aaron Donald, then a 6'1-285 DLman is indeed little... Without the benefit of actual, you know, athleticism.

This officially puts the Patriots 2019 draft in the ****ing toilet bowl. Maybe the worst draft class in the history of the NFL. And there's some pretty stiff competition from other Patriots drafts too... like each one 2014-2018. Even 2020 has some mindboggling misses (like that duo of TEs in the 3rd round... holy ****!). BB better hope his 2021-2023 draft classes work out or he's going to leave the franchise in tatters when he retires.
Can't decide whether you are a fool or a knave:

RD1: N'Keal Harry, #Bears RD2: Joejuan Williams, #Vikings RD3: Chase Winovich, #Texans RD3: Damien Harris, #Bills RD3: Yodny Cajuste was waived today by NE RD4: Halte Froholdt, #Cardinals RD4: Jarrett Stidham, #Broncos RD5: Byron Cowart, #Texans RD5: Jake Bailey, #Dolphins RD7: Ken Webster, CFL Roughriders

Only the 7th round pick is out of the league (assuming Cajuste is picked up). It's way beyond moronic to call this the worst draft class in NFL history. Hope for your sake you are trolling.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back