PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked, when Tebow was a starter, he won a few football games.

Tebow didn't do ****. His defense kept him in the game until the last minutes of the game. He blows

Lloyd numbers are so hyped condsidering he had almost 200 of those yards in one game. There were games when he was none-existant considering he was healthy all year with his flag football style of playing...tag you're it Lloyd.:rolleyes: I am certain that a decent Rookie could have posted Lloyd's numbers that is if McDaniels is buying the groceries there. I think McDaniels might have an eye for young WR's he seems to have a good track record.
Every player in the NFL has statistics made up of good games and bad games. What is your point?

What do you know...0 market for lloyd..he will be back

It may be way too early to come to that conclusion. I hope you are right though. I'd love to have Llyod back on a cheaper deal. It doesn't seem that Belichick is too worried about it one way or another though.

That's the point. We're not trying to be the Moss offense again. Our TE centric, run capable offense just needs someone who can force enemy safeties to play deep or pay the penalty now and again. Not looking for huge #s from the guy but looking for a threat that DCs can ignore only with dire consequences. That's one reason that I'd be OK with even BB trying to take such a guy in the 2nd round assuming we don't get Sanders for a 3rd. A fast rook will not need to learn the entire offense.

That's a very good point that I agree with.

I'm thinking someone like a 2010 version of Brandon Tate.

24 catches/432 yds/3 TD's/18 ypc

(although 30 catches/500 yds/4 TD's would be ideal, but the production is close)

Every team can designate up to 2 players as a June 1 release.

2 part question, Miguel:

--the team has to designate that at the time of release though, correct?

--any savings would not be credited until after the 6/1 date though, yes?

Thanks for the response and clarification if you have time.

Look no one has a better record than BB in remaking a position. Note how by drafting Gronk and Hernandez he completely changed the TE role on the team.

I admit I am baffled by the release of Lloyd. So, I am interested to see what BB has in the offing. right now, the position is Amendola, Jones , To Be Announced, TBA and TBA and Slater.

Reserving judgment for now.

It may be way too early to come to that conclusion. I hope you are right though. I'd love to have Llyod back on a cheaper deal. It doesn't seem that Belichick is too worried about it one way or another though.

i cant name more that 3 teams that would have even a bit on interest in a player like him.. a guy who had trouble in the pats locker room of all places

His production was good for his cost. 900 yard receivers that are sort of on the same page as Brady do not grow on trees.

His production was good for his cost. 900 yard receivers that are sort of on the same page as Brady do not grow on trees.

Problem was even at end of season he still wasn't on same page at time...maybe 2 year would change that but we may never know

Problem was even at end of season he still wasn't on same page at time...maybe 2 year would change that but we may never know

True, he wasn't the best but I'm worried about losing our top 2 receivers in a single offseason. Ah well at least I won't be screaming at him to stop falling down every time he catches the ball.

i cant name more that 3 teams that would have even a bit on interest in a player like him.. a guy who had trouble in the pats locker room of all places

That's kind of just speculation at this point in time. Mike Reiss went on record yesterday saying how it was about the production and the cost, not the report of poor behavior or attitude. He claimed that the team would have loved to have him back, just at a reduced rate of cost.

I think you may be selling him short myself, you seem to feel differently though.

I think at the cheap cost that he'll be had at, he could provide a very reasonable candidate for a WR3 or WR4 for any number of teams, many who don't seem to concern themselves with player's attitudes that much.

2 part question, Miguel:

--the team has to designate that at the time of release though, correct?

--any savings would not be credited until after the 6/1 date though, yes?

Thanks for the response and clarification if you have time.

Yes and Yes.

Lloyd numbers are so hyped condsidering he had almost 200 of those yards in one game. There were games when he was none-existant considering he was healthy all year with his flag football style of playing...tag you're it Lloyd.:rolleyes: I am certain that a decent Rookie could have posted Lloyd's numbers that is if McDaniels is buying the groceries there. I think McDaniels might have an eye for young WR's he seems to have a good track record.

Who cares if they were one game? They were very crucial yards that almost led to a 28 point comeback against the NFC champions, one of the top defenses. It happened to be one of the biggest games of the season. If he racked up all these yards in games against MIA/NYJ/JAX and disappeared in this game, people would complain that he padded his stats against weaker defenses and did nothing in the big game. IIRC he had another big game in the regular season Ravens matchup which should've contributed to a big road win. How are you certain a rookie could have gained 900 yards in this offense when NO RECIEVER other than Moss or Welker did what Lloyd did in his first season with Brady?

And like Andy pointed out, EVERY good reciever in the league has around a 200 yard game at least once a season, does that take away from all their #'s??

I think at the cheap cost that he'll be had at, he could provide a very reasonable candidate for a WR3 or WR4 for any number of teams, many who don't seem to concern themselves with player's attitudes that much.

That's the logic in what BB did. He didn't want to pay Lloyd WR2 money. Between now and the end of camp some team will decided that Lloyd is better than what they have (or the make up for an injury) - but the available money for many/most teams will be dried up to at/near the minimum salary Llloyd can sign for. If BB wants him and read the future market, he might have offered Lloyd a one year deal (which is still on the table perhaps) a $2.25M deal - with roster bonuses which could cut it drastically in case BB later cuts him. Another team has to decide if they want to/can give a sweeter offer.

The only problem with signing Lloyd for a lesser role - such as WR4 - is will Lloyd be a happy camper? Chances are best that he's be a WR3 here, so that may do with away with that issue.

ESPN's free agent tracker has the top two WR free agents for 2013, above Wallace and Jennings and Bowe: Welker and Lloyd. Interesting.

ESPN's free agent tracker has the top two WR free agents for 2013, above Wallace and Jennings and Bowe: Welker and Lloyd. Interesting.

ESPN smokes crack.

He seems to me to be the best available receiver at this point. Without him, we've got nothing on the outside.
Hopefully the pats and him have a welker like agreement of "you don't believe your market is what we offered to restructure at, so take a look and if its at our number come back to us". Unlike the welker situation, we have no one to move on to right away so it might work out -- assuming both sides want each other as Reiss believes they do.

lloyd has absolutely no market..only a matter of time before he is back for vet min

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes