PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots/Redskins: What are you looking for in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) First and foremost: No injuries

2) The O-Line. Last year the interior OL was an issue. Now there's a new coach. Then, of the 3 rookies we drafted, 2 of them seem to have gone into the witness protection program. And the 3rd (Stork) is injured, and before that wasn't blowing anyone away. Not encouraging for any of them considering they're not trying to supplant all-pros.

Last edited:
Patriots to watch in the opener - espnBoston

Mike Reiss once again keeps an eye on this forum for an idea for a blog entry. In the 1:08 video he gives a brief explanation for his three choices:
  1. TE Justin Jones
  2. OG Josh Kline
  3. LB Steve Beauharnais

I want to see two series with brady at QB.

I want to see Lafell earn a roster spot
I want to see Thompkins make a huge catch and run
I want to see this James white kid, and hopefully watch him take the starting job.

I want to see Revis AND browner get int's
I want to see a chandler jones sack on the first play on defense.
I want to see Mallet and JG play with the second and third stringers, and i want them to light it up.

I want to see a redskin player vomit on the field because the pace the patriots play at is too overwhelming for him.

I just want to see people in Patriots uniforms running around on a football field on TV. Just miss football. They don't even need to be people from the roster.

Excellent idea!
I would pay $ to see Jonathan Kraft lined up at CB with the sweep coming his way!

I'm really interested to see how the rookie offensive line does in a game situation. I believe Mallett will light it up. This will be a big test for Justin Jones and Asa Watson. They both should get a lot of snaps now that Williams won't play.

I want to see this James white kid, and hopefully watch him take the starting job.

Whoooaaaa.......easy there big fella......

I want to enjoy it watching the kids play as well as some of the vets. That's all. No injuries, no angst, nothing else.

I would really like to see the announcers stay on top of who is entering the game as the starters disappear and let us know. This is their spotter's responsibility and it will give us an indication of their current depth chart and will prepare us for specific players we want to see.

I would really like to see the announcers stay on top of who is entering the game as the starters disappear and let us know. This is their spotter's responsibility and it will give us an indication of their current depth chart and will prepare us for specific players we want to see.

Agreed
I would like a lap dance from the cheerleaders and believe both are equally likely

Agreed
I would like a lap dance from the cheerleaders and believe both are equally likely
I know the game is not at Gillette but can't you pay to have cheerleaders come to your seat there now during a game? Opportunity knocking...

1.No Injuries.
2.See if the Game Thread is in midseason form with a few "XXX sucks" after the first drop or fumble or INT.

1.No Injuries.
2.See if the Game Thread is in midseason form with a few "XXX sucks" after the first drop or fumble or INT.

The game thread is always in midseason form. That place is going to be a train wreck tonight.

It's amazing how people think that any roster spot is going to be earned/lost based on the 1st pre-season game. It's not happening unless an O-lineman simply ole`s a play and gets the QB killed or if a WR just runs all the wrong routes and gives up on plays..

We are going to see the 2nd and 3rd stringers, primarily, in each of the 1st two games.

What to look for? Consistency.
O-line: Are they consistently holding their blocks
D-Line: Is there a consistent push.
WRs: Are they getting off the jam? Getting good cuts?
TEs: Consistent blocking.
RBs: hitting the holes consistently.
CBs/S: Not getting burned. They are going to give up passes, but I want to see them jam the receivers and stay in coverage.
LBs: Consistent coverage on the TE/RBs.

New England Patriots vs. Washington Redskins: 5 position battles to watch in the 2014 preseason opener | masslive.com

1. Running back: James White/Roy Finch/Brandon Bolden
  2. Safety: Tavon Wilson/Patrick Chung
  3. Tight end: Justin Jones/Asa Watson
  4. Center/Guard: Ryan Wendell/Dan Connolly/Josh Kline
  5. Cornerback: Alfonzo Dennard/Logan Ryan/Kyle Arrington

Here is what Nick O'Malley has to say about the running backs:

While White's roster spot is no way in danger, he could have a big impact on the rest of the running back depth chart.

Finch has shown spark so far in camp and couple be a dynamic addition to the backfield, especially as a returner and a receiving threat. That being said, White is a fourth round pick who can do many of the same things. It's fun to imagine what Finch could to as a playmaker, but White could end up being a much more feasible and versatile option at running back.

Keeping Finch, White and Shane Vereen one all on the roster would create a backlog of players with similar assets in the running back rotation. So if Finch wants to stick around, he needs to show added value in the passing game, especially as a blocker.

Bolden, meanwhile, is securely on the Patriots bubble heading into the season. He's a low-risk option out of the backfield, but doesn't pop in any one area. If White can outpace Bolden as a between-the-tackles runner or as a pass blocker, the former undrafted free agent might end up as a redundancy in the backfield.​

For more details, click the link above.

The game thread is always in midseason form. That place is going to be a train wreck tonight.

If this team's 2nd round-drafted QB isn't even ready enough to play with the scrubs tonight, the game thread SHOULD devolve into a "JAG sucks!" thread.

I hated the pick right from the announcement.Not because they took a QB but because they took THIS QB. I thought they could have waited if THIS is the kid they want.Nothing I have seen in camps and on film so far has swayed me from that initial impression.

Hey, maybe he IS a Matt Cassel type that will blossom into an adequate back-up/starter in a few years. Maybe not.

I hated the pick right from the announcement.Not because they took a QB but because they took THIS QB. I thought they could have waited if THIS is the kid they want.Nothing I have seen in camps and on film so far has swayed me from that initial impression.

Hey, maybe he IS a Matt Cassel type that will blossom into an adequate back-up/starter in a few years. Maybe not.

Jeebus, Joker...a little perspective, will ya?

Did you catch TFB's first season stats in 2000? 1-3 for 6 yards.

JG may very well stink tonight - - I certainly won't make any final judgements out of that.

Let him breathe and grow.

I SAW Brady at camp his first season. I've seen Garrapolo so far. There is absolutely no comparison. Brady was bigger,far more accurate and far more acclimated than what I've seen so far from "Champagne Tony" Garropolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down