PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots/Redskins: What are you looking for in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No injuries.

I don't care about the score or product on the field.

TD or punt on 1st offensive series, folks will over react.
Interested in initial OL lineup and how it handles the middle.
Expect all the WRs to catch what hits their hands.
Focus on Vereen out of the backfield.
J Jones, can he catch the ball under pressure? Becoming a binky.

Defense I intend to watch how well RBs and TEs are covered. A key area for improvement.
Watch Wilfy a bit to see his push under stress.

This pre-season is more critical than ever for late draft picks and UDFAs with Market Basket closed.

As everyone already said first of all I hope for no injuries. The 1-2 first team offense drives are always nice to see even though they are ultimately meaningless especially because they are against a vanilla defense.

So mostly, I am interested to see how the previously injured players are looking as well as the second and third stringers.

No injuries. No Gronk.No starters after a couple of series.

I'm really going to key in on Patrick Chung. I think he's the difference maker we've been waiting for.

Chung!

you only like him because of fond memories paddling down the Yangtze River noshing shanghai noodles and drinking Tsingtao by the case....:D

you only like him because of fond memories paddling down the Yangtze River noshing shanghai noodles and drinking Tsingtao by the case....:D

It's so funny, I did all of that. If only you weren't so right!

actually, I guessed what I would have done and then morphed that template onto you...guess us Pats fans have a lot more in common than we think...:eek:

I had wonton soup tonight for dinner. Does that count?

I had chicken wings, bit into a bone and broke a crown...hurts like hell

what time am I going to the dentist?

2:30....o_O

1) No injuries
2) Interior line, both sides of the ball.

I want to see what Will Smith, Buchanan and Moore can do.

Preseason is to make the team and i don't think we'll have anyone come out of nowhere, but who knows?

I want to see a complete WR corps without Dobson, so Boyce is on the spot here. All the others seem like they should win spots. White seems in the plans at RB, so there's a possible power back competition with Bolden and the two big backs, maybe with a camp cut. Daxson, Butler, Chung, Wilson Ebner are all make or don't DB possibilities IMO.

I think Buchanan gets a DE spot, so the Vet, the raw rookie and Unexplained Mysteries, will vie for 1 spot, or all get cut. I just can't see holding on to part time rushers that don't rush, so you need a reason.

Want to see Wilfork and Kelly looking solid, because thar could be huge. Like to see Hightower in his new role. I though he took a lot of unnecessary crap trying his best to hold together a devastated LB position. As much as I love seeing Collins make the jaw dropping plays, being in position and working with his LB mates are what's important.

TE is the only real worry position, but if Gronk's 100% I guess they get by with some jags. Brady can only throw one football at a time.

Honestly these initial games are there to see the 2nd stringers.

I am looking for a good performance from Mallett.
  • Moore and Buchanon getting some pressure
  • Anderson/Fleming and their coverage skills
  • Swanson/Butler covering
  • White Running
  • Garoppolo 1st time in a game vs NFL talent

Like all exhibition games with BB. Vanilla is the flavor. But I want to see how the O line and D line hold up Mano Mano. Looking forward to see more of a attacking formation on Defense now that Revis takes away half the field. No more sitting back on third down with your fingers crossed. But like all exhibition games. How do the rookies and second year players perform. The good ones show promise right out of the blocks. Mistakes but a dominating feel. Can't wait

No injuries.

I don't care about the score or product on the field.

Exactly.

I personally don't even start to think too much about the product on the field until the 3rd PS game or so.

Gotta be all about the health--no doubt.

What am I looking for?
  • I want to see the offensive line keep Brady spotless for the two drives he's in there. When he leaves, I want to see the folks competing for a starting job do the same for the Hammer.
  • I want to see KT look like a man among boys when the 2nd string is out there.
  • I want to see Josh Boyce take a kickoff to the house.
  • I want to see Tavon Wilson with a clean sheet in coverage.
Oops, that's my wish list. What am I watching for?
  • I want to see how Browner adapts after the yellow hankies start flying.
  • I want to see whether the interior DL can get some push.
  • I want to see how Buchanan, Hightower, and Smith look rushing the QB.
  • I want to see the rookies with my own eyes, especially Jones & White - the guys who might not just be fighting for a warm spot on the bench.
  • I want to see how the 2nd string secondary looks (although I don't expect to see.

I won't put much weight into what I see from the starters. They will be on the field shortly and probably just want to get off it to avoid injury.

I am interested in seeing what we have at safety other than Dmac. Can Chung and Wilson learn from their mistakes and learn to cover pass?

I'm interested to see what we have at TE. Can anyone of the new guys catch and get open?

Then of course the right guard/center competition. But we will probably get a clearer picture of that in the later games.

I'm also interested in what we have at DE after Chandler and Ninkovich.

That's it. Nothing else really matters for the first exhibition game. I'll watch players and evaluate, but it's week one. Unless someone plays completely outside of their expected range, it's all about the health.

Agree completely. No injuries. Get everyone back home safely. Review the action on the field and point out the mistakes.

I will admit that I'm interested in seeing Mallet play. I would like to see him do very well and raise his value for trade, as well as his stock as a reliable backup.

Other than that, I'm just ready for some Patriots football, even if it is preseason. :cool:

I just want to see people in Patriots uniforms running around on a football field on TV. Just miss football. They don't even need to be people from the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes