Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Good move. A versatile piece along a front 6 that loves versatility.
A big DE for the run game and a small DT to rush the passer inside.
25% of the snaps kind of guy who can help if not playing out of position.
Fills the reduced role Butler should/would have if he returned.

patriot1136

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
cool, he's a solid role player. Need to re-sign Guy to solidify the d-line in my opinion. How's the cap looking?

doesntmatter1

In the Starting Line-Up
Not gonna lie. I wanted him gone. He gets dominated in the run game at times and leaves big gaps. Bad at stopping the run and rarely gets to the qb. 2.5 sacks last year is pathetic. He flashes at times but he will never be Trey Flowers. I thought we won free agency with the tight end signing and this brings me back down to earth lol.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
That's a hefty contract for the role the guy plays. Bill must be confident in his ability to grow.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
2.5m gtd per year isn't really hefty.
it depends whether the non-guaranteed money is straight-up or how much is in the form of incentives. Also we're talking about a situational guy and a player who plays a position that puts a lot of strain on the body.

I'd say it's a moderate risk and potential overpay but nothing earth shattering.

TheRainMaker

I'm getting my res at Dorsia
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
This move will be worse if Guy isn't re-signed. Money should be towards him. You can draft another Wise. He is the Elandon Roberts of the DL.

dreighver

In the Starting Line-Up
This move will be worse if Guy isn't re-signed. Money should be towards him. You can draft another Wise. He is the Elandon Roberts of the DL.

The contract indicates Belichick thinks Wise has a lot of potential but is going to make him work hard to reach his potential and earn that contract. There's a really big gap between the guaranteed money and the potential total value.

mikey m

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I'd disagree with that last sentence. Roberts was a one-trick pony who wasn't very good at his one trick and downright awful at everything else. Wise is mediocre-average in all areas.

nextsuperstar

Practice Squad Player
I'd disagree with that last sentence. Roberts was a one-trick pony who wasn't very good at his one trick and downright awful at everything else. Wise is mediocre-average in all areas.

a one trick pony with more receiving touchdowns than Jakobi Meyers.

upstater1

Pro Bowl Player
it depends whether the non-guaranteed money is straight-up or how much is in the form of incentives. Also we're talking about a situational guy and a player who plays a position that puts a lot of strain on the body.

I'd say it's a moderate risk and potential overpay but nothing earth shattering.
But if he's rotational he's not going to get those incentives. And if he does get those incentives, he will have beaten out a bunch of guys ahead of him.