PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Prospect Tracker - Interviews/Meetings

"Dotson spent significant time around former Patriots receiver and current receiver’s coach Troy Brown before he met with media. Brown ran the drills for him and Wilson, and the two were inseparable afterward. He also said he had a meeting with Brown after his time with media was over. There’s no doubt that New England needs the position."

"Dotson spent significant time around former Patriots receiver and current receiver’s coach Troy Brown before he met with media. Brown ran the drills for him and Wilson, and the two were inseparable afterward. He also said he had a meeting with Brown after his time with media was over. There’s no doubt that New England needs the position."
I watched some Dotson highlights and he looks pretty good. Unlike a recent, ahem, pick of the Patriots, Jahan Dotson always seems to be open, usually wide open. Maybe these are not SEC CBs, but still it is pretty impressive. He also has hands like glue. He does NOT appear to have elite speed so I would not take before round 3 or 4.

And who the heck was throwing him the ball; I like that guy also.

Last edited:
Quite a few Pro days today incl Alabama

I watched some Dotson highlights and he looks pretty good. Unlike a recent, ahem, pick of the Patriots, Jahan Dotson always seems to be open, usually wide open. Maybe these are not SEC CBs, but still it is pretty impressive. He also has hands like glue. He does NOT appear to have elite speed so I would not take before round 3 or 4.

And who the heck was throwing him the ball; I like that guy also.

Dotson is a late 1st rounder, although I think he might slip into the second. There is no chance on earth he's around for the 3rd round

Patriots visitors left the Alabama pro day early and missed the Slade Bolden workout !!........bad weather forecast may have impacted their travel plans early.

Thanks for the time and work snooky and others. Can anyone remember a draft where they interviewed this many LB’s?

Thanks for the time and work snooky and others. Can anyone remember a draft where they interviewed this many LB’s?

I don't know that it's different than any other year. We're getting a lot more information because of social media.

Marcus Jones might be my favourite player in the draft. Happy we seem to have interest.

Marcus Jones might be my favourite player in the draft. Happy we seem to have interest.
I love the swiss army knife. WR, Slot Corner, Returner. I'd love to have him on the Pats as the #5WR/#5CB.. Though I'd expect him to force his way into snaps beyond STs.

D'eriq King anyone?

maybe a Stidham replacement as BU QB with Hoyer while adding possible ST and slot WR depth/insurance? Idk

maybe a Stidham replacement as BU QB with Hoyer while adding possible ST and slot WR depth/insurance? Idk
Nah

His only chance to make it, and it's a slim one, is as a slot receiver

Nah

His only chance to make it, and it's a slim one, is as a slot receiver
i doubt he is better than wilkerson as wr number 5 but i haven't seem him yet

i doubt he is better than wilkerson as wr number 5 but i haven't seem him yet
Yeah, he's pretty explosive, but he's old (for a rookie) and banged up. I don't see him making it, although I wouldn't be averse to kicking the tires as an UDFA

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back