PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Practice Squad Updates

You can't put much stock at all in the reports coming from the Twitter bots during practice. Pretty much have to base your judgments on what you see in the preseason games using your own eyes.
And always remember who the opponent is on those big plays.

The PS signings should be starting around now. Additionally, players hitting IR from the 53-man roster should be announced soon. Let's discuss both of those topics as they happen here.
We have the best practice squad in the league

Interesting - they have scouts who put thousands of hours into evaluating the league, "horizontally and vertically," and end up with essentially all their own players.
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. They have tested these folks. Hence end up having same set of folks.

Interesting - they have scouts who put thousands of hours into evaluating the league, "horizontally and vertically," and end up with essentially all their own players.

This is the same organization of scouts who originally recommended the players who stuck.

Teams are stashing veterans so less unknown talent is available.

Every team has their Ray's, Humphrey's so why not stick with what you know?

Another proven non-performer for whom Bill has an irrational hard-on, same as Thanksdad... Face it Bill, those two ****ing stiffs simply aren't NFL talent; let them go, once and for all.

Last edited:
A never-will-be, not worth the bother.

Captain there's 16 practice squad spots. They got plenty of talent on there.

IMO you need to mix the right influencers with these talented guys.

Maybe a player like Ray or McGrone will be better off if some of the work ethic of players like Murray and Langi rubbed off on them.

I'm not saying this is the case, but there are so many spots now that I think Bill is using this type of strategy.

Last edited:
A never-will-be, not worth the bother.
I saw couple of sacks or pretty good tackles from pharms during preseason . Not that bad a player.

I am a bit surprised that hambright and Elliot are missing .

To be fair, they had less than 24 hours to pull their initial practice squad together. "End up" is a bit premature. That said, the primary purpose of the squad is for practice, as the name implies. Only a couple will be called up, and even then, only in the case of injury or flat-out failure by someone on the 53. For now, this team desperately needs the practice to get their act together for Miami. Having guys around who know the routine and the terminology will help the starters get the most out of the limited practice time. I'm sure we'll see a couple prospects cycle in before long - hopefully a journeyman offensive lineman who happens to be adept at the wide zone scheme.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back