PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots practice Monday 9/4/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
No change your diet.

Those things are horrific for you.

It is complicated, and individualized. I agree that large doses, over a long time, have some pretty ugly correlated health concerns.

For most of us, getting thinner, eating more plants and less animal fat, exercising a bit, managing stress better, and a light dose of statins is probably the best course. Then ease off the statins once success is achieved. But if you can get it down without the statins, more power to you and well done.

It is complicated, and individualized. I agree that large doses, over a long time, have some pretty ugly correlated health concerns.

For most of us, getting thinner, eating more plants and less animal fat, exercising a bit, managing stress better, and a light dose of statins is probably the best course. Then ease off the statins once success is achieved. But if you can get it down without the statins, more power to you and well done.
There seems to be a lot of evidence that statins are pretty much miracle drugs.

I'm a big fan of low-dose statins. Gets your cholesterol back to a good place, no side effects for many people -- some people have significant side effects. Most people have a hard time changing their diet on a long-term basis, though the changes mentioned here are good for you in many ways.

No change your diet.

Those things are horrific for you.
imo, Statins suck, much rather have high cholesterol than all the side effects that crap gives me. Lots of fish, chicken, veggies and fruit in my diet keep me upright;)

I read a piece where he said they kept him mentally involved. If he thought he might never play again, I can't imagine he was in the weight room or running sprints. Could have been something like a blood clot - linemen are susceptible to those. But it sounded like it wasn't straightforward to diagnose:

“Those are all medical things,” Belichick said. “He was treated. It seemed like everything went pretty — from what I understand — not that I know very much about this — but from what I understand sounded like everything went on a pretty straightforward path. Once his condition was identified and he started doing the things they needed to do, it just took a little while. But seemed like it’s gone on a pretty good, pretty consistent pace on the recovery. About what was expected.”

Your are correct - No sprints.

Perhaps a stationary bike or something similar. (?) There's just a little bit of information that has been made available to the public so we are all speculating and hoping for great outcomes.

There seems to be a lot of evidence that statins are pretty much miracle drugs.

I'm a big fan of low-dose statins. Gets your cholesterol back to a good place, no side effects for many people -- some people have significant side effects. Most people have a hard time changing their diet on a long-term basis, though the changes mentioned here are good for you in many ways.

imo, Statins suck, much rather have high cholesterol than all the side effects that crap gives me. Lots of fish, chicken, veggies and fruit in my diet keep me upright;)

Yeah, very individualized. There's also been no reduction in cardiac related deaths since the introduction of them, which of course raises an incredibly complex analysis, but still. And there's some correlation with dementia, although actually proving a direct cause would be quite expensive and take a long time.

Like politics, viewpoint on this depends on what health information silos a person is in.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back