PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots practice Monday 9/4/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
Park Avenue caught wind that the Patriots were going to do something with Coral & Zappy, thus the change.
Absolutely. They never contemplated that the number 2 QB would be on the PS and the number 3 QB on the roster.

Zappe and a RB will be the two elevations for this game and (assuming no injuries) likely the next one too.

Davis was let go a few days ahead. That usually means their stay with the Pats is over.
The fact he admitted he didn’t take it seriously or work as hard and he should have been.
I bet Bill hates that more than a player struggling to learn his concepts.
A player not putting the work in has no place on the Patriots or in the NFL for that matter.

the coaching staff was able to help him maintain his fitness level.
I read a piece where he said they kept him mentally involved. If he thought he might never play again, I can't imagine he was in the weight room or running sprints. Could have been something like a blood clot - linemen are susceptible to those. But it sounded like it wasn't straightforward to diagnose:

“Those are all medical things,” Belichick said. “He was treated. It seemed like everything went pretty — from what I understand — not that I know very much about this — but from what I understand sounded like everything went on a pretty straightforward path. Once his condition was identified and he started doing the things they needed to do, it just took a little while. But seemed like it’s gone on a pretty good, pretty consistent pace on the recovery. About what was expected.”

My cholesterol test coming back > 240 was less surprising than this.
You surprised? I thought this move was a foregone conclusion and always in the plan

That's great and super and all but end of day, the winning percentage is what matters.
Agreed. He's not anywhere near there yet, but I think the Pats are trying to build around his strengths with BOB. He's never going to be a Mahomes or Josh Allen, but if he can run a mostly mistake-free offense with death by a thousand papercuts, I think he can be successful. But this season is really going to tell us a lot more about Mac Jones.

Are you saying there is a rule that a team must have QB2? That is not how I read it. My QB2 will be elevated to 53 roster on game week. They went out of their way to specify 3rd QB can not be elevated PS player. But did they say that about the QB2? I think this is where BB's interpretation of the rules comes in handy lol.
Loss of 3 #1s!!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back