PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots place Ghost on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, there's a day spa in Florida I hear can work wonders ;D

Someone did the work. Sorry it dosent Jive with your narrative . It’s actually insulting to the poster who did this work
You lose every shred of credibility if you believe Gostkowski is more clutch than Vinatieri. Please stop yourself. Statistics don’t mean everything. Vinatieri has come through more times in bigger spots than Gostkowski. That’s a fact that can’t be denied.

You lose every shred of credibility if you believe Gostkowski is more clutch than Vinatieri. Please stop yourself. Statistics don’t mean everything. Vinatieri has come through more times in bigger spots than Gostkowski. That’s a fact that can’t be denied.
Tell it to the poster who did all the work and all the posters that agreed with him

Is Stidham still available? Another opportunity to reinvent himself.

LMAO. Statistics be damned, everyone knows AV is the most clutch kicker of all time.

AV’s high leverage kicks:
- 45+ snow kick in divisional round to tie game in last seconds (greatest kick in NFL history)
- Another snow kick to win that game
- 45+ yd kick to win SB
- Another FG to win another SB

Gostkowski’s most high leverage kicks:

- 50 yarder to beat Giants in regular season
- Late FG in Super Bowl to cushion a lead over an inept offensive performance by the Rams
You selectively forgot the 2 misses he had in the Carolina SB that necessitated the last second FG you DID mention, OR the the 2 clangers that turned the 10-6 Pats into the 8-8 Pats in 99 and effectively ended the Carroll era.

I'm certainly not denigrating the GOAT FG kicker or his clutchness. I'm just pointing out that even the GREATEST kickers miss kicks, even in important situations.

BTW- you forgot to mention Gotskowski was an 87% conversion rate in the playoffs. Nothing worse than selective stats to try and prove a bad position. But by no means let me stop you from burying yourself even further

Last edited:
Like what McDermott did on Sunday, they lost because BB continued to go for it on 4th down when they were in field goal range. A couple made FG win the game.
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I think they only went for it on 4th down once, with about 5 minutes left in the game, down 8 points, on a missed connection with Edelman. Not exactly the time to kick a field goal...

If we sign both Blair Walsh and Jordan Richards, then this will be one spooky October.

If we sign both Blair Walsh and Jordan Richards, then this will be one spooky October.
You misspelled AWESOME !
Blair Walsh & Jordan Richards : gimme yer ring sizes !

For all those posters wanting us to replace Gost, should be interesting to see if/when our new kicker misses his 1st kick or PAT.

Be careful what you wish for, as they say

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I think they only went for it on 4th down once, with about 5 minutes left in the game, down 8 points, on a missed connection with Edelman. Not exactly the time to kick a field goal...
...and it would have been from 53 yds

I've always dreamed of seeing the first person who can handle all of the kicking duties on an NFL roster. Imagine what a team would be willing to pay someone who creates a permanent roster spot that most teams don't have

Keeping only one to do both would mean that you are absolutely screwed if that player gets hurt.

Keeping only one to do both would mean that you are absolutely screwed if that player gets hurt.

Yea, you'd have to cut that extra player and replace 2 spots.. Would be a bit risky, I'm curious what the injury rates to kickers is compared to most other positions

Yea, you'd have to cut that extra player and replace 2 spots.. Would be a bit risky, I'm curious what the injury rates to kickers is compared to most other positions

I'm talking about being screwed during the game. Imagine it's the first quarter of a game, and both Bailey and Gost go down.

What hole did you crawl out from? I get that he has struggled, but this guy has been an absolute stud for this team for, what....forever? I’ve been disappointed with his performance as of late too, but I’m not about to crack jokes on a man who has to have surgery on his hip. Especially if this has been something he has been sucking up and trying to kick through.

Sure as hell hope the offense finds a way to kick it back up a notch. I’d hate to be in a position where our games are always close and we end up looking like the Bears.

Hes obviously trolling and having a fun time with it

Ghost is the most accurate kicker in Patriot history as a statement of fact, over the span of 14 season. He's been extremely reliable his entire career, so the hate for him is completely unfounded outside of people letting their emotions get the best of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents