PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots place Ghost on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
- 2015 AFC Championship : Gost misses an Extra Point in Denver, which ultimately decides the game
-Super Bowl 51: Gost misses Extra Point against Atlanta
- Super Bowl 52: Gost misses a Field Goal and an Extra Point against Philadelphia
- Super Bowl 53: Gost misses a Field Goal against Los Angeles

He's had a miss (or two) in our biggest games of the year, for the past four years, some of which ultimately contributed to losses. Not exactly a measure of success in big time moments.

- 2015 AFC Championship : Gost misses an Extra Point in Denver, which ultimately decides the game
Like what McDermott did on Sunday, they lost because BB continued to go for it on 4th down when they were in field goal range. A couple made FG win the game.

Literally anybody who is alive and breathing will be a vast improvement.
What hole did you crawl out from? I get that he has struggled, but this guy has been an absolute stud for this team for, what....forever? I’ve been disappointed with his performance as of late too, but I’m not about to crack jokes on a man who has to have surgery on his hip. Especially if this has been something he has been sucking up and trying to kick through.

Sure as hell hope the offense finds a way to kick it back up a notch. I’d hate to be in a position where our games are always close and we end up looking like the Bears.

giphy.gif

Whats the injury, hurt feelings?

Like what McDermott did on Sunday, they lost because BB continued to go for it on 4th down when they were in field goal range. A couple made FG win the game.
Yeah, if we want to pick out the absolute worst decisions of Bill's regime, that may be at the top.

Sorry to mention it, but...SB42.

So that Denver debacle was not Ghost's fault.

Imagine if McNamara had pulled Hendu to play Stape in CF in Game 5 in'86 just because he dropped that fly ball, then none of the great stuff after would have happened.

Adam missed his fair share of kicks, even during the SB runs - but he got the chance to come through in the clutch - something that Ghost was denied several times in his otherwise absolutely stellar career.

Yeah, if we want to pick out the absolute worst decisions of Bill's regime, that may be at the top.

So that Denver debacle was not Ghost's fault.

Imagine if McNamara had pulled Hendu to play Stape in CF in Game 5 in'86 just because he dropped that fly ball, then none of the great stuff after would have happened.

Adam missed his fair share of kicks, even during the SB runs - but he got the chance to come through in the clutch - something that Ghost was denied several times in his otherwise absolutely stellar career.
Gost just did it last year in the SB.

The data was shown that Gost has actually been more clutch than av over his career

Yep. Them intentionally dropping games in week 16 and 17 are at the top for me. Home field throughout was handed to them.

Agree. Not to mention the play they ran which was a low percentage deep pass.

Agree. His missed kick against KC to win it in ‘99 still pisses me off.

A hip problem for a kicker IS an excuse. Christ, instead of dumping on the guy who happened to hit on 87% of his FG, why not praise him for making that many DESPITE his injury.

His misses have cost the Pats a possible 7 points this season. Looking at the stats I'd say 4-6 was the average. Only 3 kickers haven't missed a kick this year so far. Clearly not his best year, but given what we know now, probably better than we should have expected.

FYI - 2019 NFL Kicking Statistics | The Football Database Here are the current kicking stats
giphy.gif

Hey, maybe Mark is available. He is the only special teams player to win the NFL MVP award.
mark-moseley-fb.jpg

...plus he's done pretty well with
five-guys-burger-and-fries-2.jpg

The data was shown that Gost has actually been more clutch than av over his career
LMAO. Statistics be damned, everyone knows AV is the most clutch kicker of all time.

AV’s high leverage kicks:
- 45+ snow kick in divisional round to tie game in last seconds (greatest kick in NFL history)
- Another snow kick to win that game
- 45+ yd kick to win SB
- Another FG to win another SB

Gostkowski’s most high leverage kicks:

- 50 yarder to beat Giants in regular season
- Late FG in Super Bowl to cushion a lead over an inept offensive performance by the Rams

OK - - NOW it all makes sense!!!!!

Jordan Richards is our new placekicker.

His missed kick against KC to win it in ‘99 still pisses me off.
That hurt at the time, but it was a crucially important experience for Adam.

He used that to develop his concentration and focus for those situations.

Kicking at the end of the game, with no time left and everything on the line, IS totally different from kicking in earlier parts of the game. Adam trained himself for it, and is rightfully considered the greatest clutch kicker ever.

Well that answers it.
Now I feel bad. :rolleyes:

Sorry Ghost

LMAO. Statistics be damned, everyone knows AV is the most clutch kicker of all time.

AV’s high leverage kicks:
- 45+ snow kick in divisional round to tie game in last seconds (greatest kick in NFL history)
- Another snow kick to win that game
- 45+ yd kick to win SB
- Another FG to win another SB

Gostkowski’s most high leverage kicks:

- 50 yarder to beat Giants in regular season
- Late FG in Super Bowl to cushion a lead over an inept offensive performance by the Rams
Someone did the work. Sorry it dosent jive with your narrative . It’s actually insulting to the poster who did this work

Last edited:
I am wondering if the Pats signed Ghost to a split contract this season.
That would help us in determining if they knew he had an off season injury.

Maybe someone with Twitter can shoot a tweet to Miguel to find out ?

So...use the time stone to bring back Adam "I have fans in Costa Rica" Vinatieri

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes