PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots open as 16 point favorites against Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 is a huge number for a playoff game. I don't care who's playing. The Texans have their starting QB back and looking competent yesterday. I think the Pats win but don't cover at 16. This is an exceptional chance to catch a middle. I'd bet the line moves to 12 or 13 by game time.

Three games this weekend were won by 20+ points and those were games were the gap of talent wasn't as bad as it will be for this one.

interesting fact. Pats have beat the spread this year easily.

Last edited:
Well, I hope the team doesn't share the same cavalier attitude as some on this thread. On any given Sunday ...., and this is the playoffs. Beware of overconfidence.

We stay Humble in our Drive For 5.

That seems high, but then again every team covered the spread this weekend

I think the Texans will score a few times against us. I give them 6-13 points. As long as we drop 30 on them we cover the spread.

Considering the AVERAGE loss this wild card weekend was by 19 points, the Pats only winning by 16 seems too low.

Well, I hope the team doesn't share the same cavalier attitude as some on this thread. On any given Sunday ...., and this is the playoffs. Beware of overconfidence.

Fans can be over confident, it changes nothing. I am only over confident when it is warranted. I'm not one of those homers that is over confident no matter who the patriots play. The only way the patriots lose this game is if they choke, period.

The forever Pats and Red Sox Fandom is deeply ingrained to the point where I will be nervous until about 11:30 next Saturday Nite..

They will win.. but will still be nervous.

im not one of those fans who thinks the pats will beat everyone..if we face the steelers/KC I will be nervous during the game. although I think we should beat them..

I am not nervous about this weekend. im sorry. Texans shouldnt be a playoff team except their division is a crapfest. Same way I felt when we faced the colts. in the afccg.

What was the spread against Jets in 2010? It should be pretty large, since we beat Jets like 45:3 in that season's last meeting.
Learn the lesson, never underestimate your playoff opponents.

People need to stop with the 2010 jests ****. Ya there was 45-3 but there was also 28-14 which saw the jests score 21 unanswered in the 2nd half.

Anyone not thinking about that game going into the playoff game were idiots.

Also we dont play for the Pats so people need to stop with the "don't underestimate" stuff. Fans thinking something has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game.

People need to stop with the 2010 jests ****. Ya there was 45-3 but there was also 28-14 which saw the jests score 21 unanswered in the 2nd half.

Anyone not thinking about that game going into the playoff game were idiots.

Also we dont play for the Pats so people need to stop with the "don't underestimate" stuff. Fans thinking something has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game.

Not that I think Anything I do affects the game in anyway but I like to be mentally prepared so if Bill ever called me up "Chris we need a waterboy on Sat" I am gonna be the best damn waterboy the NFL has ever seen fully respecting my opponents and taking it one empty water bottle at a time. Its all about helping the team and being on the shadow roster in any capacity Bill feels I am qualified for. So yeah....I am here thinking about, and only about, the number 1 defense in the NFL.

Fans can be over confident, it changes nothing. I am only over confident when it is warranted. I'm not one of those homers that is over confident no matter who the patriots play. The only way the patriots lose this game is if they choke, period.

I disagree. Even if they choke, they STILL win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back