PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Only Used 2TE Offense for 18% of Snaps This Season

Yea I'm not surprised. With respect I'll be shocked if posters that know what they're talking about agree. You're a nice guy but your last thread speaks for itself. Sorry man but that was a funeral for you.

What do you get out of his threads though?
Hmmm

Yeah,

you see, from what i read, from multiple threads.

Kinda feels like you are the jerk. No offense, of couse.

Guess its a very high-horse you're standing, must be difficult to see things clearly. Tell me, why are so sure every thing you say is right and he is wrong?

Different opinions. Someone who hasnt been brainwashed to groupthinking, that happens a lot in any board.

Hmmm

Yeah,

you see, from what i read, from multiple threads.

Kinda feels like you are the jerk. No offense, of couse.

Guess its a very high-horse you're standing, must be difficult to see things clearly. Tell me, why are so sure every thing you say is right and he is wrong?
Jay please don't get upset man. You're just not someone that people look to for real insight or info. I'm sorry man but that's how I feel. I fully understand how it sounds but not everyone knows what they're talking about. It's brutally honest not an insult my man.

So I say most of what he writes is dumb bc quite frankly it is dumb.

He wanted Cam to start.

Said multiple times our RB's should only be allowed to pass protect up the middle bc guessing which tackle to go to is too hard lol.

I could go on but tell me. Do these things sound smart or "right" to you?

I mean you watch Cam last year and actually want him to start. And the thing about pp might be the dumbest thing you could say if you really understand pp rules.

Again what do you get out of his threads? Anything specific or really insightful??

This poster has been hijacking my threads and others for over a decade. He literally takes what I write and passes it off as something he writes. Constantly creating useless threads with no info. He's an obvious troll and clueless.

Mods are just as clueless and asleep for letting him post here. It's embarrassing. This might be the best Pats board out here and this is what we accept lol?

If it bothers you that bad just ignore bro. No need to get upset and whine but I'm calling someone out when they do the above.
Whine isn't what I'm doing, I'll let that go.

I'M WELL AWARE of what's going on here, I've been watching for YEARS, why would I say what I said?

This poster has been hijacking my threads and others for over a decade. He literally takes what I write and passes it off as something he writes. Constantly creating useless threads with no info. He's an obvious troll and clueless.

Mods are just as clueless and asleep for letting him post here. It's embarrassing. This might be the best Pats board out here and this is what we accept lol?

If it bothers you that bad just ignore bro. No need to get upset and whine but I'm calling someone out when they do the above.

Go take your WHINE over to your little kid *********** echo chamber. GTFO. Bacongrundlecandy continues to be a pathetic snowflake troll here.

Jay please don't get upset man. You're just not someone that people look to for real insight or info. I'm sorry man but that's how I feel. I fully understand how it sounds but not everyone knows what they're talking about. It's brutally honest not an insult my man.
Not taken, i dont pretend to be anything other than JayNM
So I say most of what he writes is dumb bc quite frankly it is dumb.

He wanted Cam to start.

Said multiple times our RB's should only be allowed to pass protect up the middle bc guessing which tackle to go to is too hard lol.

I could go on but tell me. Do these things sound smart or "right" to you?
Without context, most of these stuff can make sense. Of these two: We didnt know how Mac would perform, at some point I thought he would start too.
Second one I never saw him saying it, but ok, doesnt make much sense.
I mean you watch Cam last year and actually want him to start. And the thing about pp might be the dumbest thing you could say if you really understand pp rules.
Well, again, without context, I dont know/wont defend other peoples words. Day 1 of the camp, I was thinking that Newton would start, too. And i was okay with it, more or less
Again what do you get out of his threads? Anything specific or really insightful??
First, thank you for a nice answer, i wanna say that.

It is around what i said earlier. (EDIT- before edit tbf... i edit a lot.) Every post is a learning opportunity, even if i dont agree. People like DPF, ulterior motives a part (and I decide that by myself), bring forth a lot of discussions, including uncomfortable one, to the forefront. Thats the biggest part of it, plus any information he puts on here, well, i can judge individually its worth. Thats it

So funny how fast snowflake BGC turned on @JayNM. BGC is like a 5 year old. What a pathetic little snowflake baby.

I know I have a specific viewpoint, I don't expect everyone to agree here. But crappy fake experts like BGC are toxic. Look at this psycho the last page instigating.

So funny how fast snowflake BGC turned on Jay. BGC like watching a 5 year old.
I kinda defended u, so let me the first to say that this was gratuitous too.

dw, im pretty sure i can handle my fights

I DISAGREE DKF, he has alot of insight, Whether you agree is a different story, and perfectly fair game... :thumbsup:
I thought we tried to figure it out as a team, instead of arguments... these are arguments...

Why are we arguing instead of working together?

I DISAGREE DKF, he has alot of insight, Whether you agree is a different story, and perfectly fair game... :thumbsup:
I thought we tried to figure it out as a team, instead of arguments... these are arguments...

Why are we arguing instead of working together?

I don't mind different opinions. I certainly offer viewpoints here that I know some won't get or see till later. Question is why do you have little snowflakes like BGC here flipping out over whose opinions are right or whose threads are respected. BGC talks like a loser insecure teenager who has zero friends or connections in real life. If all he did was be a parrot retweeter I'd be fine if he weren't trying to gatekeep people's opinions here.

I don't mind different opinions. I certainly offer viewpoints here that I know some won't get or see till later. Question is why do you have little snowflakes like BGC here flipping out over whose opinions are right or whose threads are respected. BGC talks like a loser insecure teenager who has zero friends or connections in real life. If all he did was be a parrot retweeter I'd be fine if he weren't trying to gatekeep people's opinions here.
I guess after watching you 2 I didn't get the hatred...
I bet you guys would have a blast in person, even though you disagreed.
You BOTH GIVE A HARD **** ABOUT OUR TEAM!
Come on Guys!

Oh wow, no more yelling whatsoever, how about I kick this rolling again?

Any chance we get a TE in the Draft? We've invested so much already, i hope Bill remember the sunk cost fallacy

Last edited:
Not taken, i dont pretend to be anything other than JayNM
Genuinely not meant as an insult. I'm hardly the end all be all and suck at a lot of things. Plus things are rough over text. Most of what I say is with a smile but I can still be a jerk. I get it but I like and am just being honest.
Without context, most of these stuff can make sense. Of these two: We didnt know how Mac would perform, at some point I thought he would start too.
Second one I never saw him saying it, but ok, doesnt make much sense.

Well, again, without context, I dont know/wont defend other peoples words. Day 1 of the camp, I was thinking that Newton would start, too. And i was okay with it, more or less
So my thought is when you draft a QB at 15. Have a potential top 10 OL. Good group of targets it's a no brainer. It was obvious Cam was done. You drafted one of the more "NFL ready" QB's in recent years. Mac outperformed him in camp. Asking for Newton to start didn't seem start to me.

Regarding pass pro what he said doesn't make sense under any circumstances tbh. Again if you're familiar with pass pro - big on big, back on back and other rules. It's just a silly thing to say. Defenses would feast on that nonsense man.
First, thank you for a nice answer, i wanna say that.

It is around what i said earlier. (EDIT- before edit tbf... i edit a lot.) Every post is a learning opportunity, even if i dont agree. People like DPF, ulterior motives a part (and I decide that by myself), bring forth a lot of discussions, including uncomfortable one, to the forefront. Thats the biggest part of it, plus any information he puts on here, well, i can judge individually its worth. Thats it
I'm not going to press you for specifics since I already asked but I can't remember one meaningful discussion he started. Certainly not recently. It's always comes back to his obsession with Josh. Or I remember him making up a thread pretending Wynn was hurt a few months ago.

Any chance we get a TE in the Draft? We've invested so much already, i hope Bill remember the sunk cost fallacy
It wouldn't surprise me but definitely not early. Our situation isn't that bad. We have a TE1 in Henry. Smith didn't produce but we also had a rookie QB and an offense with a ceiling in terms of what we were trying to do. Honestly I don't get the Smith anxiety. It sucks we didn't get production but a lot of that was on him and again not every one will eat with a rookie.

I wouldn't be opposed to someone in the mid-late rounds with someone like Isaiah Likely, Charlie Kolar or Grant Calcaterra
I guess after watching you 2 I didn't get the hatred...
I bet you guys would have a blast in person, even though you disagreed.
You BOTH GIVE A HARD **** ABOUT OUR TEAM!
Come on Guys!
Believe it or not it's not personal with me. This started bc he was bounced from one of my threads and got mad at me calling him out. Instead of leaving it there he's followed me around and written about me in many random post. Making up stuff like he's done others.

Sorry but the hijacking and useless thread after dumb thread gets annoying. Some people care about this thread and would like to encourage more good posters to come here. No one comes here to read his bs let's be honest.

I could care less if he posted in all my threads just ask it's on topic and not half re tarded gibberish.

Anyway you and I and every one else has had enough of this. I just think this place has gone downhill lately and I'm definitely not the only one that shares that feeling.

"Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith spent only a fraction of their snaps on the field together: according to Pro Football Focus’ Doug Kyed, New England used the two-tight end offense on just 18.6 percent of its offensive snaps.

What was the problem? That is one of biggest questions about the Patriots’ 2021 season, and one only the coaching staff will truly be able to answer.

One reason for that appears to be... evidenced by their usage. Smith was the team’s primary in-line option, aligning there on 71 percent of his snaps. Henry, for comparison, played in-line on just 39 percent of his own snaps: he was used more as a receiver, whereas Smith was the number one blocking option.

Why New England used them that way is anyone’s guess..."

Jonnu Smith signed for $50M/4yrs with $32M guaranteed:
Well this is #%^* alarming!!! Everyone blaming Smith, Hunter etc and yet our OC Sh@t his pants again and couldn’t figure out how to utilize personnel better….

Well this is #%^* alarming!!! Everyone blaming Smith, Hunter etc and yet our OC Sh@t his pants again and couldn’t figure out how to utilize personnel better….

Wait till you scroll down to more facts and head explodes. Only ran 12 personnel the first game then the OC completely abandoned it the remaining 16 games.

This was brought up awhile ago, why is it that players have such a difficult time coming to New England and learning this offense? How can a player like Jonnu who was all-pro on the Titans come here and barely be used at all?

If our offense is so complex that pro-bowl caliber players who have been productive in the league can't come here and learn it, and we cant seem to develop any wide receivers outside of Edelman and Meyers.... maybe its time to simplify the offense or make some tweaks?

Its a fair question IMO
How could Jonnu who was an all pro on the titans come here and barely be used at all?!? Question of the century…..one might question McD abilities and decision making again after this is brought up!!! Please someone hire Mcdouche!!!

Why waste even more resources after spending $100M on 2 tight ends and wasting two 3rd round picks on Asiasi and Keene. Plus wasting Onwenu and expensive Agholor. The easiest solution is get a new OC who actually knows how to use the talent on this roster. A lot of talent wasted on offense. Watch the moron organizational schills here attempt to rationale keeping Michael Onwenu on the bench the last 9 weeks.

Genuinely not meant as an insult. I'm hardly the end all be all and suck at a lot of things. Plus things are rough over text. Most of what I say is with a smile but I can still be a jerk. I get it but I like and am just being honest.
I get it. Im also a hot-head (obviously) and far from being perfect. Far. Sorry for anything too, i certainly came in ill-intended, and thats not good, thank you for showing the higher way and im sorry for this specifically too
So my thought is when you draft a QB at 15. Have a potential top 10 OL. Good group of targets it's a no brainer. It was obvious Cam was done. You drafted one of the more "NFL ready" QB's in recent years. Mac outperformed him in camp. Asking for Newton to start didn't seem start to me.
Ah you know, guess hope is the last one that dies, or some other ****, right? I was hanging on hoping that Cam would return to (close to) his prime self wiht a whole offseason, time with the playbook etc etc. Obviously, wrong. Agree with the rest too
Regarding pass pro what he said doesn't make sense under any circumstances tbh. Again if you're familiar with pass pro - big on big, back on back and other rules. It's just a silly thing to say. Defenses would feast on that nonsense man.
From what I know, in a vacuum, you are right, of course. Again, if i dont read it by myself, its always with a grain of salt, like the saying says. Such is life in this world of digital age, made me too much of a cynical i guess. I only say this bc i do think DPK has some football knowledge (imo) and so, to me, that does sound weird
I'm not going to press you for specifics since I already asked but I can't remember one meaningful discussion he started. Certainly not recently. It's always comes back to his obsession with Josh. Or I remember him making up a thread pretending Wynn was hurt a few months ago.
Dont worry man, if every things come forward is like, im not afraid to expose my thoughts fully. I know that Im plenty wrong, i come here to learn at end, for real. You (and others) are a great source of that
It wouldn't surprise me but definitely not early. Our situation isn't that bad. We have a TE1 in Henry. Smith didn't produce but we also had a rookie QB and an offense with a ceiling in terms of what we were trying to do. Honestly I don't get the Smith anxiety. It sucks we didn't get production but a lot of that was on him and again not every one will eat with a rookie.
Fair points. The that bad part ill give credit to your belief that Jonnu will improve, which i hope so too. We'll see.
I wouldn't be opposed to someone in the mid-late rounds with someone like Isaiah Likely, Charlie Kolar or Grant Calcaterra
Dont know nothing about them or any other prospect lol. Ill trust you and other gurus here :rofl:

But seriously, ty for the answer and kindness. I like your posts BGC

Why waste even more resources after spending $100M on 2 tight ends and wasting two 3rd round picks on Asiasi and Keene. Plus wasting Onwenu and expensive Agholor. The easiest solution is get a new OC who actually knows how to use the talent on this roster. A lot of talent wasted on offense. Watch the moron organizational schills here attempt to rationale keeping Michael Onwenu on the bench the last 9 weeks.

we can never see the future.... Like, If there is a 3rd round talent at the 6th round, is it not worth to invest it, even with what we have?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back