PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially sign Jamie Collins

1y deal was reported. When reports don't have the $ its usually vet min esp. when other team is paying the rest.

The 2nd half of 2019 begs to differ.
Jamie Collins was the best defensive front player on the team the entirety of 2019... if the Patriots offense could have scored and he could have continued pass rushing he might have been Defensive MVP. The Pats faced a slew of teams after their week 9 beatdown, when Baltimore rolled over them using 3-4 TE sets, after that opponents copied Baltimore... the only team that had beaten them to that point... in week 9.

The Pats had the best defense in the league all season, the problem was the offense wasn't good and got worse when Brady got hurt.

The Pats asked Collins to fall back and cover because he was the only LB that had the skill set and could do it at a high level. He didn't forget how to pass rush, they stopped using him. He led the team in Tackles, Solo Tackles, Sacks, Tackles For A Loss, Forced Fumbles and was third in INT’s… he never played less than… they used him differently when the offense couldn’t score and the D couldn’t pin their ears back in pass rush.

Last edited:
kick him to the curb girls...

XMEzNTn.jpg

I, of course, disagree

I hear that there's a secret place on the internet where women show their butts, if I find anything I'll let you know.

I hear that there's a secret place on the internet where women show their butts, if I find anything I'll let you know.
get outta here with tha.... really? huh

im gobsmacked... absolutely stunned that a site like that would be allowed to exist...

say... that gently used thingamajigga in the pub still available?

Last edited:
Nope. Bentley has tackle numbers but he keeps missing runners at the point of attack. He's a weak link. Unless you think other past players with tackle numbers, like Monty Beisel or Gary Guyton, were good linebackers.

Gawd, can you give it a rest? Yeah yeah, we get it, you don't like Bentley and every play he makes is bad, he's so bad that the architect of the greatest defenses in the NFL just keeps starting him because he's so dense. If only we removed him from the field, we'd have the greatest defense ever seen. There. It's settled. Now will you STFU?

Gawd, can you give it a rest? Yeah yeah, we get it, you don't like Bentley and every play he makes is bad, he's so bad that the architect of the greatest defenses in the NFL just keeps starting him because he's so dense. If only we removed him from the field, we'd have the greatest defense ever seen. There. It's settled. Now will you STFU?
He won't struggle, he's got 2 or 3 hits he loves to recycle

kick him to the curb girls...

XMEzNTn.jpg

I, of course, disagree
1633700734745.png

Always been curious why the Patriots cheerleader outfits resemble the Puerto Rico state flag.

1633700663503.png

The color scheme does not flatter.
The design resembles decorator curtains on the Ringling Bros train.

Bob needs to consult Pimp Daddy Jerrah on color/design schemes

1633700137351.png

Gawd, can you give it a rest? Yeah yeah, we get it, you don't

The Pats give up over 120 yards a game on run defense. The Jets ran for 155.

Stop pretending the run defense is fine. It's not. And this team did have bad seasons with Monty Beisel and Gary Guyton. You sound like a lemming who automatically thinks whatever the Pats do is the best. BB has to rely on his staff and there's high variability in staff quality year to year.

Stop pretending the run defense is fine. It's not. And this team did have bad seasons with Monty Beisel and Gary Guyton. You sound like a lemming who automatically thinks whatever the Pats do is the best. BB has to rely on his staff and there's high variability in staff quality year to year.

They're tenth overall in yards per carry (going into the Thursday night game last night). Aggregate yards tell a story, but also indicates that teams are choosing to run rather than pass on this secondary/rush. I wouldn't call the run defense a strength so far, but I think fine is a perfectly FINE word to describe it.

The fact that nothing's been released on his deal tells me it was very, very little money. With Jennings and Perkins being non-existent thus far, I think this is a depth piece - or maybe Winovich is being moved soon.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Chase out of town with Judon's dominance, the growth of Uche, etc.

You mean, like a provactive jeans commercial!?!? The internet is filthy now, apparently.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Chase out of town with Judon's dominance, the growth of Uche, etc.

I could see Winovich having a decent trade value. Some other teams are all good with one-trick EDGE RUSHERS.

I could see Winovich having a decent trade value. Some other teams are all good with one-trick EDGE RUSHERS.
So a 6th rounder then? Or a conditional 5th?

Do you also have a reading comprehension problem? I didn't mention the run D at all. Not impressed with BB's defensive acumen? Okay, let's agree to disagree then. Oh, sorry, I meant let's call the other person a lemming or a sheeple or something else.

My post was focused on one thing only - that is that you've become some sort of manual auto-bot who automatically starts typing Monty Beisel and Gary Guyton every damn time Bentley's name is mentioned. It's tedious.

The fact that nothing's been released on his deal tells me it was very, very little money. With Jennings and Perkins being non-existent thus far, I think this is a depth piece - or maybe Winovich is being moved soon.

Chase sure has been on the field a lot more than I expected so I would be surprised if he’s traded.

JaWrong Bentley ****ing Sucks. The truth hurts sometimes, I know, but that doesn't make it less truthful.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back