PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offense sees 'light at the end of the tunnel'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Howe‏Verified account @jeffphowe
“When you’re in those offensive meetings, Tom sits right next to Josh. There’s constant dialogue after almost every play. It’s almost like they’re having a conversation by themselves. They’re seeing things two or three seconds before everyone else.”

--------------------------------

What I thought all along. They have full autonomy until they don't via BB. BB has intervened yet again like last year. He probably waited a week or two too long, though.

Over-analysis can hurt any operation. I think this is the McD/Brady flaw.

What the hell are you even suggesting here ?

How is anything that Howe wrote here a negative ?

What the hell are you even suggesting here ?

How is anything that Howe wrote here a negative ?

Over-analysis. I am just saying, it's cropped up before. They're in charge of gameplans and playcalls.

They're their own worst enemy at times like we've seen this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over-analysis. I am just saying, it's cropped before. They're in charge of gameplans and playcalls.

What overanalysis ? This has always been a game planning offense that looks for ways to create mismatches and take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses. What you call "over analysis" is what I consider one of the things that make them successful.

You think when Belichick and Bielema or Scar are looking at tape they are not seeing things way quicker than some players ? Do they over analyse as well ?

Over-analysis. I am just saying, it's cropped before. They're in charge of gameplans and playcalls.

Yeah, “it’s cropped before.”

Did our friend from Dynasty start posting around the time our friend the author/writer from Tennessee stopped?
Yea but not the same person.

I dont see how that is feasible. The Pats offense is based around working the MoF.

They just acquired Sanu for a second to work exactly that area.

I think people are overthinking this. Go to the tape, look at some play and then not only imagine protection holding up a second longer but that Brady trusts them to actually hold up that long. I can guarantee you more often than not you will see opportunities to move the ball if he had that second more/trust to wait a beat longer.

This is not really a schematic issue but mostly about execution if you ask me.

This is the crux of it to me. It's hard to read too much into beating the Bengals, but I feel like the offense is inching towards effectiveness, and the fate of the season hinges on how much better it can get in the next couple weeks.

Also FYI the ignore feature is delightful.

What overanalysis ? This has always been a game planning offense that looks for ways to create mismatches and take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses. What you call "over analysis" is what I consider one of the things that make them successful.

You think when Belichick and Bielema or Scar are looking at tape they are not seeing things way quicker than some players ? Do they over analyse as well ?

Asbolutely. But, I do think BB allows McD and Brady to run the show, where he's given them a lot of power.

Look at the all the gimmick plays he's resorted to, too. BB rarely goes over in between McD and Brady during games, unless he has to.

Yes, over-analysis. At some point you just tell your OL to blast holes and continue running to get Brady some legit playaction, instead of obsessive subbing of personnel all the time and being predictable as a result.

Think how they looked when they played KC in 2014 and then Cincy that next week. It was like night and day. Who do you think took charge there?

Look, usually they're very good most weeks, but Brady is also without his luxury and security blanket named Gronk and Edelman is dinged up. Makes it a bit tougher on the OC and QB.

Meanwhile, other All Pro QBs and OCs don't have these issues with similar personnel. Did you see the Saints last night?

Thomas>Edelman at this stage of their careers, but you can make a case the personnel is pretty equal for what Brees has and how he and Payton work together as compared to the dumb subbing of the RBs obsession to give the D a head up, what play they are running here with McDoofus.

It's mindnumbing how dumb it is. He's been doing it for years for "match ups". That's why throwing to Michel more than once, was so big last week and why that 2 back set needs to be used more to disguise better.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really need to leave people’s wives and family alone and don’t tell me all your friends are angels.

It's about awareness and being in the spotlight. He has almost zero awareness. The Antonio Brown thing?

He had him on his property in his guest house doing selfies with a possible rapist while his daughter is running around the house, as he skipped OTAS and ignored Harry and Meyers.

It proves my point. He feels he's entitled to All Pro weaponry and everyone else can go pound sand. Again, not a good look and he didn't do that to David Patten or 7th rd pick Givens in 2002, for example.

I mean, how do you think that looks to those players? Again, he makes some questionable decisions.

His antics may be loved in NY or LA, but not Boston. It's VERY LA the way he's changed. That's all I am saying. It is what it is.

It's about awareness and being in the spotlight. He has almost zero awareness. The Antonio Brown thing?

He had him on his property in his guest house doing selfies with a possible rapist while his daugjter is running around the house, as he skipped OTAS and ignored Harry and Meyers.

I mean, how do you think that looks to those players? Again, he makes some questionable decisions.

His antics may be loved in NY or LA, but not Boston. It's VERY LA the way he's changed. That's all I am saying. It is what it is.

This is even more bizarre. You are unraveling faster than AB

This is even more bizarre. You are unraveling faster than AB

Me expecting Brady to be held accountable while hosting a possible rapist on his property, while blowing off his first ever 1st rd pick that BB served up to him for more speed and athleticism at WR is "bizarre"?

Only if you say so. lmao

Me expecting Brady to be held accountable while hosting a possible rapist on his property, while blowing off his first ever 1st rd pick that BB served up to him for more speed and athleticism at WR is "bizarre"?

Only if you say so. lmao

Yo AB, that you?

He had him on his property in his guest house doing selfies with a possible rapist while his daugjter is running around the house, as he skipped OTAS and ignored Harry and Meyers.

So a dude from Cali should act like a dude from Boston?

I mean, no matter how long my family and I stay here in the South, we are never going to be confused for Southerners.

Only if you say so. lmao
You are flying further and further off the reservation.

We still have a shot. Many teams would love to be 11-3

So a dude from Cali should act like a dude from Boston?

I mean, no matter how long my family and I stay here in the South, we are never going to be confused for Southerners.

NO.

He was way under the radar pre-Giselle. Either you new to following the team or haven't been paying attention.

And, the SF area is not LA. Completely different vibe.

We still have a shot. Many teams would love to be 11-3

Absolutely. When your D is this effective and you have really good STs, they'll be in every game.

Just no turnovers, keep running it, crank up the attitude, spread the ball around, and low penalties.

Starts on Sunday vs Buffalo. If they can't get up for that and slap them around, then yeah, it may be a different outlook.

NO.

He was way under the radar pre-Giselle. Either you new to following the team or haven't been paying attention.

And, the SF area is not LA. Completely different vibe.

Been following the team since I moved to MA as kid in '91.

And my wife grew up south of San Jose (in the pre Facebook/Google days Silicon). While San Mateo isn't truly in Silicon Valley (its equidistant to SV and SF proper), to argue Silicon Valley is more like SF than LA is hilarious.

Been following the team since I moved to MA as kid in '91.

And my wife grew up south of San Jose (in the pre Facebook/Google days Silicon). While San Mateo isn't truly in Silicon Valley (its equidistant to SV and SF proper), to argue Silicon Valley is more like SF than LA is hilarious.

I am not arguing anything about SJ or Silicon Valley and never mentioned the words.

I am not arguing anything about SJ or Silicon Valley and never mentioned the words.

You mentioned the "SF Area". San Mateo is basically as close to Mountain View and Cupertino (Silicon Valley) as it is to downtown SF, hence why I mentioned it.

You mentioned the "SF Area". San Mateo is basically as close to Mountain View and Cupertino (Silicon Valley) as it is to downtown SF, hence why I mentioned it.

Ahh. I was more referencing Brady being close to SF and going to 49ers games growing up. I have not even been to SJ, so have no opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes