PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots nods throughout places OTHER than the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordsmyth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm watching the Indiana-Wisconsin game, and the announcer likened the Badger RB to James White. :D

South Park made fun of them last week.

You DO know the connection, right?

Just tell him that they're probably making the connection because James went to school @ Wisconsin. Not everyone memorizes the schools players attended.

South Park made fun of them last week.

Let me guess, some form of cheating?

A joke about the Patriots cheating? Wow!

jrDom_s-200x150.gif

That's hilarious.

What I keep hearing from other places is the conjoining of the Pats and Tom Brady with the E. Elliot suspension news. This is especially true in the nationally televised NFL games. It sucks. Is every big time suspension from now on going to be used to remind us of our "shady" success?

What I keep hearing from other places is the conjoining of the Pats and Tom Brady with the E. Elliot suspension news. This is especially true in the nationally televised NFL games. It sucks. Is every big time suspension from now on going to be used to remind us of our "shady" success?

Who cares?

What bothers me is the continuous scandals. It's becoming more and more like the WWE. Goodell and his aggrandizing ego + Twitter has really stained Sundays entertainment.

at this point, I would like to bare a secret I've been keeping for twenty years. Yes, I too was sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. It was a cold day in January in NYC. I was in line at Katz's Deli, right in front of Weinstein, waiting to pay for my pastrami and swiss on seeded rye when, suddenly, the lights went out! As I stood there in the dark I felt a sudden prodding in my backside and heard Weinstein say "sorry, that's just my order...". Well the lights come back on and I'm shocked to see him standing there with his pants around his ankles...I was so disconcerted I blurted out "hey! that's a not a pickle...it's a PRICKLE!". Well, I grabbed my change from Ruth the cashier and beat a hasty retreat back to my sublet on the west side where I wolfed down the sandwich and stared horrified at the half sour green pickle still in the bag.
It's been years that I've concealed this traumatizing event but seeing as how there's a flood of people just like me coming forward (and seeing how I'm a little broke) I've decided NOW is the time to come out of the closet...uh...come clean...er, well just get it all off my chest.Harvey, if you're reading this...you should CHOKE on your nova and bagel you schmuck on wheels!

at this point, I would like to bare a secret I've been keeping for twenty years. Yes, I too was sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. It was a cold day in January in NYC. I was in line at Katz's Deli, right in front of Weinstein, waiting to pay for my pastrami and swiss on seeded rye when, suddenly, the lights went out! As I stood there in the dark I felt a sudden prodding in my backside and heard Weinstein say "sorry, that's just my order...". Well the lights come back on and I'm shocked to see him standing there with his pants around his ankles...I was so disconcerted I blurted out "hey! that's a not a pickle...it's a PRICKLE!". Well, I grabbed my change from Ruth the cashier and beat a hasty retreat back to my sublet on the west side where I wolfed down the sandwich and stared horrified at the half sour green pickle still in the bag.
It's been years that I've concealed this traumatizing event but seeing as how there's a flood of people just like me coming forward (and seeing how I'm a little broke) I've decided NOW is the time to come out of the closet...uh...come clean...er, well just get it all off my chest.Harvey, if you're reading this...you should CHOKE on your nova and bagel you schmuck on wheels!

Can confirm. I'm Harvey Weinstein.

IMO, we need to have be able to rate posts with a "?". Just a friendly, neutral, "WTF are you talking about?".

Is this post making light of sexual assault? Perhaps I am misreading...

IMO, we need to have be able to rate posts with a "?". Just a friendly, neutral, "WTF are you talking about?".

I think this is in part a carry over from yesterday's Manning accuser's thread.

Uh...gee whiz. No, I'm not "making fun" of sexual assault....but nice pre-emptive setting up for another of these goddamned PC morality missiles aimed at someone else's take on a sports message board. I guess I was clumsily (as perceived by you) making a point of the intergalactic hypocrisy being displayed by the Hollywood elites as they all jump aboard the "Kill Weinstein!" train. I mean, they only had like...uh...****IN' DECADES to come out and spill the beans. So now, half of Hollywood is screaming "Me too!" as they trip over themselves to light the bonfire under this gila monster faced cretin's ass. Fact is, there's money to be had and when there's blood in the streets grab as much property as you can. In Weinstein's case, it looks like his endgame is "I live in a van down by the river.." although it should be living out his fetid existence as Bubba's belt loop biatch in some penitentiary upstate.

Who cares?

What bothers me is the continuous scandals. It's becoming more and more like the WWE. Goodell and his aggrandizing ego + Twitter has really stained Sundays entertainment.

Aided and abetted by the grade-school-playground mentality of a media that's no longer capable of focusing on anything but scandal, controversy and melodrama, even if they have to manufacture it themselves.

Every snowstorm is a potential "Snowmageddon!", and "Look! Look! A fight!"

Unfortunately many of these "scandals" have turned into political shyt fights.. most of us knew that powerful men abuse their power and often they abuse that power in sexual ways..

Everybody had a boss who did such and such, and most of us turned the other way.. everybody knows a guy.

Unfortunately many of these "scandals" have turned into political shyt fights.. most of us knew that powerful men abuse their power and often they abuse that power in sexual ways..

Everybody had a boss who did such and such, and most of us turned the other way.. everybody knows a guy.

Sociopaths seek power, and the halls of power seek to embrace them. Totally non-partisan deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes