PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots nods throughout places OTHER than the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point, I would like to bare a secret I've been keeping for twenty years. Yes, I too was sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. It was a cold day in January in NYC. I was in line at Katz's Deli, right in front of Weinstein, waiting to pay for my pastrami and swiss on seeded rye when, suddenly, the lights went out! As I stood there in the dark I felt a sudden prodding in my backside and heard Weinstein say "sorry, that's just my order...". Well the lights come back on and I'm shocked to see him standing there with his pants around his ankles...I was so disconcerted I blurted out "hey! that's a not a pickle...it's a PRICKLE!". Well, I grabbed my change from Ruth the cashier and beat a hasty retreat back to my sublet on the west side where I wolfed down the sandwich and stared horrified at the half sour green pickle still in the bag.
It's been years that I've concealed this traumatizing event but seeing as how there's a flood of people just like me coming forward (and seeing how I'm a little broke) I've decided NOW is the time to come out of the closet...uh...come clean...er, well just get it all off my chest.Harvey, if you're reading this...you should CHOKE on your nova and bagel you schmuck on wheels!

Good story. But not nearly as funny as the one Olivia Munn had about that director who was masturbating with one hand and eating a shrimp ****tail with the other.:eek:

Good story. But not nearly as funny as the one Olivia Munn had about that director who was masturbating with one hand and eating a shrimp ****tail with the other.:eek:

Can't unsee

raw

Dude must have had quite an appetite.

@oldrover Although I appreciate the derailed_crash.gif , I think we might be able to talk this one out before the train crashes. I do admit that I might be derailing the thread slightly, but please forgive me. I think attempts at reaching mutual understanding are important.

Uh...gee whiz. No, I'm not "making fun" of sexual assault....

I did not think you were making fun of it, but I was struggling to understand the underlying message behind the humor. View my statement as a inquiry to the "grain of truth" in your humor here.

My claim "we need to have be able to rate posts with a '?'" was not intended sarcastically.

As @Tony2046 eloquently said: "I do agree that we as a nation need to learn to communicate as brothers rather than adversaries." I was trying to understand where you were coming from.

I guess I was clumsily (as perceived by you)

It takes two to tango and I might have forgot my dancing shoes. Do not take my missteps in interpretation as a condemnation of your style. We can get some Advil if your feet are swollen :) .

but nice pre-emptive setting up for another of these goddamned PC morality missiles aimed at someone else's take on a sports message board.

I have never been a fan of the term "politically correct" in the first place. I much prefer to term "morally right". Surly we both agree that sexual assault is serious. Surly, we both agree "that all [people] are created equal" with "unalienable Rights". My comment was not intended as a "missile" to shoot down your ability to make jokes relating to sensitive subject matter. I just wanted to make sure that we shared the same moral common ground.

I strongly believe that we should make an attempt to give charitable readings into the statements of others. It is fine if kneeling protests bothers folks. Yet this kneeling can bee seen as making an appeal to the core values of our country, and does not necessarily intend any slight to the sacrifice of veterans to achieve those values. The messaging of Kaepernick et al. needs some work, and their gesture is quite prone to interpretation. It is hardly surprising that a group of people who have dedicated the majority of their intellectual capacity to learning football in college might not be the most articulate group. But I think we can all charitably interpret their message rather than focusing on their rhetorical missteps.

Similarly, folks who are sympathetic with Kaepernick et al. could do a much better job empathizing with those who find the kneeling repugnant. It would be silly to assume that all anti-kneeling sentiment is only felt by a bunch of KKK sympathizes. There are deep problems with the messaging of the kneelers. The historical uniqueness of our American social experiment in self-governance should not be trivialized, nor should the sacrifice of veterans who gave their lives to maintain it. Their quest for justice would be better served by appealing to the core American values that support civil rights.

Perhaps the "keelers" should have continued standing still with their hand on their heart after the anthem was over. This might symbolize how the struggle to achieve our shared American dream is not yet finished.

@oldrover Although I appreciate the derailed_crash.gif , I think we might be able to talk this one out before the train crashes. I do admit that I might be derailing the thread slightly, but please forgive me. I think attempts at reaching mutual understanding are important.

I changed it... carry on... everyone gets a little crazy during "bye" week (or, as it might be called by the end of this thread, "bi" week.

S6unQQa.gif

South Park made fun of them last week.

At this point they should just call the show "Butt-hurt Denver fan Park." I've never seen such an off the charts negative fixation on anything.

Aided and abetted by the grade-school-playground mentality of a media that's no longer capable of focusing on anything but scandal, controversy and melodrama, even if they have to manufacture it themselves.

Every snowstorm is a potential "Snowmageddon!", and "Look! Look! A fight!"
Pretty much a perfect summary

Or, in the words of Eleanor Shellstrop, "Eww! Do NOT try the 'mystery ****tail sauce!'"

What I keep hearing from other places is the conjoining of the Pats and Tom Brady with the E. Elliot suspension news. This is especially true in the nationally televised NFL games. It sucks. Is every big time suspension from now on going to be used to remind us of our "shady" success?

I have a problem with the connection people are making in regards to the allegations of the actual "crime." Elliott being accused of assault/sexual assault is a serious and disgusting crime. It is light years away from Brady's incident which turned out to be nothing and just a stupid violation of the CBA.

......at this point, I would like to bare a secret, I was in line at Katz's Deli, right in front of Weinstein, waiting to pay for my pastrami and swiss on seeded rye.........

Ah Ha! Joker, I've caught you! Everyone knows a Jewish deli won't serve meat and milk on the same sandwich....it's not Kosher.:cool:

Let me guess, some form of cheating?
Nope, they've done that in the past of course, but this time the dads all got together and had a witch ceremony where among other things they tried to curse the Patriots (they're all Broncos fans).

So really they're just acknowledging our greatness and the only way to beat us is with black magic.

Nope, they've done that in the past of course, but this time the dads all got together and had a witch ceremony where among other things they tried to curse the Patriots (they're all Broncos fans).

So really they're just acknowledging our greatness and the only way to beat us is with black magic.

I watched that episode and they cursed the Raiders (which makes sense), I didn't catch any Pats reference?

Also they really don't make fun of the Pats any more than pretty much any other topic that's relevant in pop culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes