PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Make No More Moves at the Trade Deadline, What About the Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Steve Balestrieri

“It takes two to Tango” and one has to wonder if anyone out there was willing to help Bill Belichick and New England unless getting an exorbitant return.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Still haven't been made aware of an understandable reason why they were in such
a rush to rid themselves of Kony Ealy…or why they didn't spend a few extra bucks
to sign a younger, less explosive but much less expensive version of Jabaal Sheard
in Alex Okafor.

Last edited:
Still haven't been made aware of an understandable reason why they were in such a rush to rid themselves of Kony Ealy.
He sucked, didnt want to do the job they wanted him to do, and wasnt going to make the team.

I mean he does have zero sacks in 264 snaps with the Jete, so......(maybe he drew all the attention away so their entire DL could have 1 sack all season)

Still haven't been made aware of an understandable reason why they were in such a rush to rid themselves of Kony Ealy.

tumblr_oid7el8Qx11s8mouyo1_500.gif

He sucked, didnt want to do the job they wanted him to do, and wasnt going to make the team.

I mean he does have zero sacks in 264 snaps with the Jete, so......(maybe he drew all the attention away so their entire DL could have 1 sack all season)
I'm sure it's just me, but I'd rather have Kony Ealy than GeeNo Grossem.

Easy was a big misfire by whoever is our GM

Steve Balestrieri

“It takes two to Tango” and one has to wonder if anyone out there was willing to help Bill Belichick and New England unless getting an exorbitant return.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Our front is set. We also have Flowers as an emergency backup. As you indicated Butler is primarily an inside rusher, although he could play DE in a 43 set (as can Guy). I was somewhat surprised that we didn't bring in an additional backup using a low level pick.

DT
Branch, Guy, Brown, Butler.

EDGE
Flowers, Wise, Marsh, Mcclellan, and occasionally VanNoy.

INSIDE LB
Harris, Roberts

OTHER
Flowers, Reilly

Steve Balestrieri

Continue reading...

The Edge? Hes too small and busy. Besides, NFL would be a massive pay cut.

bonoedge.jpg

Our front is set. We also have Flowers as an emergency backup. As you indicated Butler is primarily an inside rusher, although he could play DE in a 43 set (as can Guy). I was somewhat surprised that we didn't bring in an additional backup using a low level pick.

DT
Branch, Guy, Brown, Butler.

EDGE
Flowers, Wise, Marsh, Mcclellan, and occasionally VanNoy.

INSIDE LB
Harris, Roberts

OTHER
Flowers, Reilly
Mcclellin and vannoy are “inside lb” in the nickel base.

One roster not-move Id like to know the reasoning is - why not Freeney?
Cheap, available and big last game vs Pats..

He leads the entire NFL in passes defended for D lineman with 8 batted balls. Twice as many as the second best.

One roster not-move Id like to know the reasoning is - why not Freeney?
Cheap, available and big last game vs Pats..

Ok we know he can “pressure” the passer, BUT what we are inquiring is can he “rush” the passer...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back