PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots getting closer to breaking a big record...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have the GOAT of a QB. Do you think Brady taking pay cut every year nearly has helped us with regards to bringing players in?

Yes but its part of the team's overall financial discipline. The team kicks ass at avoiding bad, long term deals thus is the main reason they are able to bring players in every year and if productive, extend them.

Typically QBs consume 14%-18% of a team's salary cap. Brady is ~13%.

Starting to look a lot like 2004. Pats trying to win 3/4. Steelers and Eagles standing in their path. Pats also lost someone thought to be irreplaceable from their defense that year. Ty Law.
When he went down I thought they were so screwed.

Free Agency and the salary cap didn't always exist.

Very very good point. It's still an impressive accomplishment though. After all, the Red Sox have significant advantages against their competition and still can't accomplish this.

Yes but its part of the team's overall financial discipline. The team kicks ass at avoiding bad, long term deals thus is the main reason they are able to bring players in every year and if productive, extend them.

Typically QBs consume 14%-18% of a team's salary cap. Brady is ~13%.

That's what I was thinking. I do think it helps that someone of his caliber is willing to pay cheap ( £14 Million - somehow that's cheap)

Thank you for the insight of the salary thing never thought of that. Does make me proud to be a patriot fan even though since I was 6 I haven't been able to see a game! Hopefully next year i will be able to come over and afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes