PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots getting closer to breaking a big record...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a difficult record to parody, not sure how to even try.

They also have won like 13 straight on the road, that's got to be cloe to a record.

Montana's Niners won 18 straight. It's possible but would take until next season to pull off.

"Hey Tommy, this guy must have missed 2008!"
[death glare]
"Umm...not that there's anything wrong with missing 2008..."

Brady-Cassel.390.Vikings.jpg
well, i mean for the most part, lol

Tying the Squealers for most SBs is the prize.

Nothing else matters

Agree it is by far the most important, and I'll be happy with that. Happier with the seventh.

But I want ALL the records that relate to winning. ALL OF THEM. I want the record book itself renamed. (Although, there isn't a record book anymore, is there?).

Last edited:
Montana's Niners won 18 straight. It's possible but would take until next season to pull off.

I count 16 consecutive winning seasons for the Niners, beginning with 1983 and ending with 1998. If you throw out the 1982 strike year (when the Niners went 3-6), it would be 17.

Anyway, it was Montana for only the first 8 years with Walsh as HC for the first six and Seifert for Montana's last two. The last 8 years was Steve Young, under Seifert for six, then Mariucci for his last two.

The current system of player free-agency under a salary cap began in 1993, so the Niners had some advantages (that the Pats don't) for the first 11 years of that streak.

AFAIK, Indy's 9 consecutive winning seasons with Manning is the second-longest streak since 1993. However, other franchises have had very long periods of relative success interrupted by a single losing season here and there - e.g., the Broncos had 20 of 24 non-losing seasons from 1993 through 2016, 15 of those above .500.

I count 16 consecutive winning seasons for the Niners, beginning with 1983 and ending with 1998. If you throw out the 1982 strike year (when the Niners went 3-6), it would be 17.

Anyway, it was Montana for only the first 8 years with Walsh as HC for the first six and Seifert for Montana's last two. The last 8 years was Steve Young, under Seifert for six, then Mariucci for his last two.

The current system of player free-agency under a salary cap began in 1993, so the Niners had some advantages (that the Pats don't) for the first 11 years of that streak.

AFAIK, Indy's 9 consecutive winning seasons with Manning is the second-longest streak since 1993. However, other franchises have had very long periods of relative success interrupted by a single losing season here and there - e.g., the Broncos had 20 of 24 non-losing seasons from 1993 through 2016, 15 of those above .500.

I was talking about the road winning streak. :p

The Colts are awfully proud of their most regular season wins in a decade record.
From 2000-2009 which is 115. Pats won 112. If you count playoffs. Pats won 14 playoff games. Colts only won 9. So, we even won more games than them.

As of now, the Pats have 97 and might be able to break that record in 9 seasons!!
Not counting playoff wins. We already have 11 of those this decade.

Remember that the 49ers had 2 years where they violated the cap.

Same with the Broncos..

Pretty amazing, when I was a kid and a young adult my friends and I just wanted "games that matter" in December - like, don't be 2-9 headed into the last month! If the Pats were around .500 come December there was a glimmer of hope of a playoff chance...

Yeah, I remember being in Northern NH skiing and staying at a B&B watching a playoff game and wishing that my beleaguered Patriots could just for once be in a playoff game. Just be in it.

With their win yesterday, our Patriots have had 17 non losing seasons and are now 3 seasons away from tying and 4 seasons away from breaking the 20 consective non losing seasons set by Dallas. If Tom Brady can continue a little longer and this team doesn't regress suddenly, we should be able to pass this record which is a record we will hold a LONG time due to parody.

Think we can do it?

Oh...I thought you were talking about 3 out of 4 Twice.
But yeah, there's that consecutive winning season thing too.

Tie them this year…pass them next year.

If there is any justice whatsoever remaining in the world, THIS MUST HAPPEN.

Starting to look a lot like 2004. Pats trying to win 3/4. Steelers and Eagles standing in their path. Pats also lost someone thought to be irreplaceable from their defense that year. Ty Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News