PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Friday 12/1/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
We're on to Friday:

Trying to help out @Patsfan1958 - massive thanks to him making this a thing here. :cool:

Last edited:
Our Short term Future the Zapper. :)
Happy I Love You GIF by pikaole

Listen if Zappe proves he could be stop gap until our Future is ready win win for us. C'mon Guys and Gals look at this as a positive. :)

Listen if Zappe proves he could be stop gap until our Future is ready win win for us. C'mon Guys and Gals look at this as a positive. :)
At least hope he plays well enough for his trade stock to go up.

Interview should be on-demand on their website, or via the WEEI channel on whatever app you listen to podcasts.

Update: Here's the audio:

Last edited:
(This is scheduled for 11am ET)

Last edited:
From yesterday:

I'll give Zappe ONE positive...
He has a Brees-esque disposition at this point in his career. Nothing of the talent yet, that we've seen.
But one refreshing thing about Zappe is he handles his press time like a conscientious business professional.
That's my main knock on Mac - from his first year, the giggling and fake-laughing like a frat boy - never instilled trust that this guy has the mental strength and emotional stability that it takes.
Especially after 3 decades of Bledsoe & Brady - supreme professionalism.

I'll give Zappe ONE positive...
He has a Brees-esque disposition at this point in his career. Nothing of the talent yet, that we've seen.
But one refreshing thing about Zappe is he handles his press time like a conscientious business professional.
That's my main knock on Mac - from his first year, the giggling and fake-laughing like a frat boy - never instilled trust that this guy has the mental strength and emotional stability that it takes.
Especially after 3 decades of Bledsoe & Brady - supreme professionalism.
Also going to have to bulk up Brees-esque, and hopefully avoid any shoulder injuries. Smart player, just needs to get stronger. Certainly curious to see how it plays out.

As for Mac, I think he needs to not listen to the noise, including whatever he might be hearing from his own camp about his struggles. I think there's some "it's not your fault that you don't have anyone to throw to, the line, etc." While true, obviously, it wasn't going to change so it made less sense to dwell on that and more to just do the best he could with what he had. The personnel issues didn't make him throw back across the field and do some of the mind-blowingly questionable things he did. Just overall frustrating. :rolleyes:

Nice little interview with Mills:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back