PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Friday 11/3/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

Awesome callback.

Completely random sidenote, but at the end of the video, there's something unsettling about the immediate silence after the clip was finished...just kinda reinforced the notion that those were different times, long ago.

Still, what a time to be a fan. We had no idea how great it was going to get.

Bill has choices. He could give the receiving reps to Douglas, Thronton, Reagor, Henry, Gesicki, Brown and Stevenson. Perhaps, you think that 7 targets isn't enough.

I agree that Boutte should get a significant number of reps, but it certainly isn't necessary. I'll out it another way. Should Douglas sit so that Boutte can get reps? Don't we need to test Thornton and Reagor?
WR: Boutte, Thornton, Douglas, Juju, maybe Parker, and Reagor. The other dudes are either TEs or RBs. So if they line up with 2x2 wideouts, only one guy, in theory, is not out there. I know they can, and do, split other guys out, but my point is with Bourne going down, Juju sucking and Parker maybe hurt, Boutte was likely going to be active. Even of Boutte has been bad in practice, Bill would say he's had a good week just to throw the Redskins Commanders off.

To your point, no, Douglas should not be sat. If anything, he should be a focal point. I am meh on Thornton, I'd like to see what Reagor can do.

WR: Boutte, Thornton, Douglas, Juju, maybe Parker, and Reagor. The other dudes are either TEs or RBs. So if they line up with 2x2 wideouts, only one guy, in theory, is not out there. I know they can, and do, split other guys out, but my point is with Bourne going down, Juju sucking and Parker maybe hurt, Boutte was likely going to be active. Even of Boutte has been bad in practice, Bill would say he's had a good week just to throw the Redskins Commanders off.

To your point, no, Douglas should not be sat. If anything, he should be a focal point. I am meh on Thornton, I'd like to see what Reagor can do.
Yes, Boutte will be active. The last 2 weeks saw 16 and 17 targets for WR's.

Last week Douglas got 7, almost half. Even if this stays the same, who should get the other 10 targets. Who do you think the couches want to see?
Reagor
Thornton
Boutte

Even it they get an equal number of targets, that would be THREE for each. I have no reason to believe that Boutte will be facored over Thornton and Reagor. Personally, I want to see more of Thornton and Reagor. The team needs to give Thornton lots more reps to see if he is worth keeping for 2024.

Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

This move completes the great OL checkers strategy BB employed for this season:

1. Instead of signing an actual NFL starter at void & critical tackle position (with 5-6 options available)
2. He decided to sign 3 backups - for combined higher 2023 cap hit !
(2b. And trade for additional 2 OTs before the start of the season)
3. Who made combined negative contribution in combined 199 snaps..
4. Before removed from the roster (to IR & PS)

YET

LOSING/removing all 3 free agent tackle additions (and sidelining both OTs acquired via trade = combined 5 newly signed OTs for the season)

> made NE OL BETTER, almost serviceable (by FORCING them to play Onwenu at RT).

Amazing 4D checkers : telling the story of the season before it began

-.-

Screw you Magini !!!!!

Somebody do something .. even if it’s wrong !! Haha .. Let’s get them involved and see what we have for next year

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back