PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots expected to place Franchise Tag on Trey Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got me excited.

Correct me if I am wrong...the franchise tag could be used just as an extension of sorts during negotiations, eliminating the threat of FA correct (for At least a year)? Of course, for it to be considered a good situation- both parties have to be committed to one another and want the marriage or else I dont see why any player would be thrilled in the said situation.

Im intrested to see how Flowers personally feels about his future..if his heart is set in NE or if he wants max $. Having 2 rings and a highlight reel of big game plays actually makes this situation hard to predict. One part of me says ...yeah why wouldn't he stay, probably his best shot to add to his resume...and the other half says "hes seen it all..time to get paid".

Not buying it either Trey would sign that right now.

Greg Rosenthal is a creditable media personality. His saying he believes the Patriots will franchise Flowers is noteworthy. Rosenthal is one of the guys who wants to be right more than be provocative.

I thought the last part of the quote to be the most interesting myself and gives it some credibility in my view. Rosenthal wrote that Flowers compares to MCCourty and Hightower in leadership but Flowers is a better and younger player who needs to be kept even if it means they might not be able to keep either Hightower or McCourty.

I don’t think we’ve heard that speculation previously, and it sounds like he might have some insight on what the Patriots are thinking. Yes, if they had to release or trade 32 year old Devin McCourty to keep 25 year old Trey Flowers, I could see them making that decision.

12up.com? Who? What?

This article is trash. OP come on! There's no expectations of this. Rosenthal doesn't say it's expected. 12up are bunch of clickbaiters, and now you've helped those clickbaiting ****s by getting us all to click on the link.

Mods! delete thread or edit the title and post!

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Oh ****! Not you too!

This article is trash. OP come on! There's no expectations of this. Rosenthal doesn't say it's expected. 12up are bunch of clickbaiters, and now you've helped those clickbaiting ****s by getting us all to click on the link.

God damn it people! Stop posting clickbaiting ****!

Sounds like Flowers' camp and the Pats are far apart.

Anyone else sensing a tag and trade to Oakland?
Belichick would love to fleece Oakland.

I have no problem with trading flowers to Oakland for their second first round pick.

But knowing bb, he will also get a fifth rounder in 2020 as well!

Anyone else sensing a tag and trade to Oakland?
Belichick would love to fleece Oakland.
Oakland's in full-on tank mode. They're not looking to add anything but draft picks.

Sounds like Flowers' camp and the Pats are far apart.
How do you read it that way?

We’ve got opinions that he’s going to be franchise tagged, tagged but he may not show up, tagged and traded to Oakland, and now that his agent and the Pats must be far apart. All in the same two page thread.

Yikes!

It's going to take 5/75-80 with 30-35 guaranteed and if he hits FA he's probably going to get more with the Colts having 105M, Jets 95M, Bills 82M and other a load of cap space.

What I see happening is like what went on with Hightower. He sees what the market is and we either match or not. I’d be very surprised to see him tagged. I can’t even remember the last time we used a franchise tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes