PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots expected to part ways with Cam Newton

this makes me happy, but let's be honest.....with the COVID opt outs and obvious offensive holes, the difference between a brady led 2020 Pats and a Newton led 2020 Pats was that, the difference between 7-9 and 9-7?
Stop with the opt out excuses. Only two opt out matters Chung and High. The rest is the same level as we already have. Are you really missing Vitale, Lee, Lacosse, Bolden, even Cannon and Toran??? Every team has their impact Opt out. The Bills had their best run stopper opting out and nobody talks about it.

i think we are 11-5, 10-6 at worst with Brady.

disagree on 11-5/10-6 with brady......not with no viable TE, with the roster full of WR 3's and the roller coaster OL

i'd give brady 9 wins with this roster, +/- 1 win either way.......he had his struggles last year with a better roster, too

I'd take my chances.
I wouldn’t. Dude has been in the league since 2014 and got opportunities to start every year since 2016 and he’s only not got injured twice and one was because he only needed to last 5 games. He’s also not that good and he’s used to throwing to TE’s named Gronk and Kittle and always has solid WR’s.

I wouldn’t. Dude has been in the league since 2014 and got opportunities to start every year since 2016 and he’s only not got injured twice and one was because he only needed to last 5 games. He’s also not that good and he’s used to throwing to TE’s named Gronk and Kittle and always has solid WR’s.
Better than Cam at this point.

I want a viable franchise QB that can lead this team into the future and play at an elite level. I don’t want to waste time settling for “better than Cam” because it’s the part of least resistance
I completely agree. I am hoping we draft a young guy and also make a move for a bridge guy upgrade.

I never thought Newton would fit in with the way the Patriots organization is run. I also didn't expect that he had lost the ability to throw a football...

Stop with the opt out excuses. Only two opt out matters Chung and High. The rest is the same level as we already have. Are you really missing Vitale, Lee, Lacosse, Bolden, even Cannon and Toran??? Every team has their impact Opt out. The Bills had their best run stopper opting out and nobody talks about it.

i think we are 11-5, 10-6 at worst with Brady.
Just Hightower alone is a huge difference.
chung would also have helped. But add lot would have been the fb, cannon the RT, lacosse in the mix at a weak and injury riddled position and Lee probably part of the WR group. Bolden is a valuable special teamer. Of course losing all those players hurt a lot. Duh.

Just Hightower alone is a huge difference.
chung would also have helped. But add lot would have been the fb, cannon the RT, lacosse in the mix at a weak and injury riddled position and Lee probably part of the WR group. Bolden is a valuable special teamer. Of course losing all those players hurt a lot. Duh.

The difference between Hightower and his replacements is a 50 story drop onto hard pavement.

The others had replacements who were just as good (or bad), or at least very close.

The difference between Hightower and his replacements is a 50 story drop onto hard pavement.

The others had replacements who were just as good (or bad), or at least very close.
Depth matters. It mattered more than ever this year. Incremental drop offs in numerous spots is absolutely the difference between winning and losing.

If you are saying BB would tank for better draft position, I think that is wrong.

He plays to win, plays the players best able to help win.

My preseason prediction for the team was 8-8 and was almost right.

Time now to look forward rather than backwards.

Cam ain't the answer, neither is Stid.

Time to bring in fresh blood at QB, hope to find a diamond in the rough.

But it would not surprise me for BB to roll with some other vet he thinks he can revitalize.

The team has a lot of older players and lots of holes to fill, BB may say I get more value drafting LBs etc.

I expect another mediocre season coming up, we still have lots of churn coming.

I expect the media and patsfans.com membership to be really salty.

Get over yourself, Larry Bird ain't coming through that door.

If people are disappointed by Stid they should point the finger at themselves for taking in all the media hype.

I feel sorry for whomever comes in to play QB, the saltiness is going to be unreal.
I wrote my comment because I did not, and would not, consider sticking with the roster the Pats had on July 1, "tanking." It was just playing out the hand Belichick had created for himself as GM. This roster was not going to win a championship, nor would it likely win a playoff game. Bringing in Cam may have added a few wins, but, strategically, it was meaningless.

Has anybody heard about a bunch of missing laptop computers in patriot place since newton left?

He could probably muster up more than 8 TD's.

if he can manage to stay healthy, something he has had a lot of trouble doing

Hey, did you hear that Cant Newton is gone?

Yup, I did. How about we go out...

Jimmy G's a better QB than Cant Newton.
Cam has had 4 games this season of a 100 Rating or better (vs. MIA, vs. BAL, @HOU vs. NYJ)

Cam had a 94.6 Rating @Seattle

Cam had a 99.0 Rating @NYJ

Cam's Ratings @Buffalo @LAC and @Mia were 81.1 - 87.4 - 86.8

9 out of 15 Cam starts, Cam played at least decent and sometimes great

Enjoy seeing Cam win MVP as a member of NE next season

Somehow Jimmy has become this bumbling idiot who can't figure out which direction is up on this forum. Jimmy is no future MVP but he is a more than capable QB when healthy.

Somehow Jimmy has become this bumbling idiot who can't figure out which direction is up on this forum. Jimmy is no future MVP but he is a more than capable QB when healthy.
“When healthy” are the key words. He can’t stay healthy and we really don’t know how Jimmy would look in an offense that made Brady look bad. We saw Jimmy in two offenses that Brady won SB’s with

“When healthy” are the key words. He can’t stay healthy and we really don’t know how Jimmy would look in an offense that made Brady look bad. We saw Jimmy in two offenses that Brady won SB’s with
I don't necessarily want Jimmy back but if for some reason I had to choose between him or Cam it would be Jimmy 10 times out of 10.

I don't necessarily want Jimmy back but if for some reason I had to choose between him or Cam it would be Jimmy 10 times out of 10.
If had to choose between Cam and another starting QB, I would take another starting QB 10 times out of 10

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back