PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots expected to part ways with Cam Newton

Newton seems like a nice guy, I just don't see him a starter anymore. Where?

Best fit for him is backing up Lamar Jackson or Murray in Arizona.

Maybe Newton is thinking he could sign with the Jets and best out darnold?

That's a relief, I was getting pretty nervous he would be back

I wish I wasn’t right but I knew in August that Cam Newton in Boston wouldn’t be a good “fit”. Been exactly as expected.

been exactly as everybody in the nfl thought!

Bill would be crazy to go through another season with Cam as the starting QB.

Best choices for next year, if available:

1) Jimmy G
2) Carson Wentz
3) Matt Stafford
4) Marcus Mariottta
Jimmy G can't stay on the field. His flaws have started to show and he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. More importantly, he gagged in the 4th quarter of the SuperBowl against a mediocre Chiefs defense. That really concerns me. Wentz lost his job this year because he is legitimately one of the worst QBs in football. And by all accounts, not a leader and a terrible locker room presence. I am fine with Stafford and Mariotta. But what is the goal? Stafford is already 32. This team is not going to be contending next year or the year after. And some team is going to overpay him. I can't imagine it being Bill. Why overpay Stafford to win 10 games a year? I like Mariotta the vest out of this group if you can get him cheap. He's youngish. He will be 28 early next season. Depends on the money.

I would much rather draft a QB if we are in position to get one. As long as they aren't reaching. We can't afford to waste our first.

Sad that the local media thinks what fans most want to know about their team and their quarterback is his apparel, as if this we all watch Entertainment Tonight and read Vogue.

not down with calling him scam newton... think its kinda bush league to do so

Cam wasn't great or good by any stretch of the imagination... but he came here, put in the work and more so if BB and the coaching staff are to believed... he didn't scam anyone, and laid it on the line week after week, with hardly any quality skill position pieces surrounding him... it just did not work out...

I wish him well in any future endeavor... unless that happens to be a game against the Patriots

The 7-9 record is about what I expected with Cam. I don't honestly know how many wins the Pats would have had with Stidham. But if you accept Bill at his word, ("Cam gives us the best chance to win"), two three, or four wins would have been more likely. So, what was the net effect of paying Newton 1 to 4 million dollars to quarterback for a year? It moved us out of position to compete for one of the top qb prospects in the draft, without providing (except for the delusional) any realistic hope of making the playoffs. Nice work, Bill.

Don't see him coming back but wonder of they had a full training camp and preseason if things would have been better. I know everyone had the same disadvantage but not everyone had a QB for the first time..

Why has this thread title been allowed to stand and is yet to be edited?

You have, how many mods on during a gameday Sunday, and not a single one of them can be bothered to edit the thread title (as is very often done for other threads, over much more minor things).

Sad that the local media thinks what fans most want to know about their team and their quarterback is his apparel, as if this we all watch Entertainment Tonight and read Vogue.

On par with this site which churns out cringeworthy articles about Julian Edelman's social media antics

Wasup with the scam stuff. Stay classy patriots fans. It's a football game. The man did nothing to you
Cam... is that you?

When did "Scam" become hate speech?

Jeezus, I like the guy and won't call him Scam myself, but it's hardly a name to get all vaginal about.

And remember those workout videos he produced while waiting to get signed? In hindsight, could be considered a scam if you have a sense of humor.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back