PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots DT Byron Cowart on Tom Brady's return: 'We ain’t welcoming him back'

I'll be rooting for a win but I really don't want this to turn into a circus. I also hope the crowd gives Brady some genuine love before and after the game.

This is really odd with the number of players talking now about a game in October.
What happened to one game at a time? And on to Cincinnati?

Further proof the Patriot Way has left Foxboro.

Cowart has one sack in two years. I don’t think he’ll get close enough to even breathe on Brady. Hopefully Wino, Judon, Hightower, and Barmore welcome him with open arms, though.

Another big talker like Cam.

Winners of the pre season like Rexs Jets.

This is really odd with the number of players talking now about a game in October.
What happened to one game at a time? And on to Cincinnati?

Further proof the Patriot Way has left Foxboro.

He was asked a question about it. I don't think this is proof of anything.

I can see the NFL Films video of this now. Patriot defender before the game “Let’s make his day miserable.”, NFL Films narrator, “the only one’s days made miserable were the Patriots, as Brady had the best day of his career.” Or something to that effect. We don’t have the currency to pay for smack talk, just yet.

Let’s see them crush some teams, play with confidence and swagger, and Cam not look like a 6 year old throwing a football, and then maybe say some ****.

It's THE GAME of the year for the sports networks. The Superbowl before the Superbowl.

Cowart and the rest should probably just deflect any questions, but this is a non-story (and the correct answer) - particularly since Cowart will be fighting for his spot this year with the additions of GodChaux, Anderson, Adams, and Barmore, and the return of Guy and Wise. He's got the physical talent to make the team, but hasn't really shined - and this year, he'll have to or he'll be elsewhere or on the PS.

He
I hope Tommy gets an amazing reception both before and after the game.
And I hope he spends 4 quarters getting driven into the dirt and throwing INT's
1000 percent
I want to see Arians screaming at him on the sidelines.

Too bad you bother posting anything.
tenor.gif

Kraft would have to overrule Belichick, if there is a video homage to Brady during the game. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Would this really be a Belichick decision? I’d think coaches/GMs would have zero input on something like this.

Would this really be a Belichick decision? I’d think coaches/GMs would have zero input on something like this.

In most places, yes, but I think Bill still has some say in these things. If he believes (and I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just hypothetically) that it will hurt his team's focus to have too much pomp before the game, I think Kraft would listen. Ultimately he could still overrule him, but I think he would genuinely yield in this case. Again though, I have no reason to think Bill is of that mindset.

Lol brady gonna Anthony Smith this clown

I am glad this game is early in the season. It is going to hang over everything until it actually gets played.

You’re joking, right? We are talking about Belichick. He has an interest in and gives his input on anything and everything football related, no matter how minor it may seem to others.

A video montage/tribute would occur during the course of a regular season game. If BB thinks that this would give Tampa a competitive advantage in any way (Pats players losing focus even for a single play, change in fan reaction, etc.)

I can see the NFL Films video of this now. Patriot defender before the game “Let’s make his day miserable.”, NFL Films narrator, “the only one’s days made miserable were the Patriots, as Brady had the best day of his career.” Or something to that effect. We don’t have the currency to pay for smack talk, just yet.

Let’s see them crush some teams, play with confidence and swagger, and Cam not look like a 6 year old throwing a football, and then maybe say some ****.

You seem excited about this prospect of this happening. Would you watch that NFL films video with popcorn or would you need that dominant hand for something else?

You seem excited about this prospect of this happening. Would you watch that NFL films video with popcorn or would you need that dominant hand for something else?
You seem like you're in high school.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back