PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching News / Interview Tracker / NFL Tracker [Quick Updates]

Have to wonder when they will begin OC interviews of any kind.

perhaps after the weekend
Good point - they might have eyes for guys on the Texans/Packers/Bills/Chiefs/49ers/Ravens squads and didn’t want to do anything virtual. Have to wait til after the 22nd to do in-person interviews with the above team staff members.

Sadly, guess we will hear more about OCs in the coming weeks.
Honestly, it may be a blessing in disguise that BOB left. Personally I want someone off the McVeigh coaching tree. Someone that is great with WRs and young QBs.. we need a chunk play offense, an offense that will be multiple, not overly complex, and be able to keep defenses guessing.

Honestly, it may be a blessing in disguise that BOB left. Personally I want someone off the McVeigh coaching tree. Someone that is great with WRs and young QBs.. we need a chunk play offense, an offense that will be multiple, not overly complex, and be able to keep defenses guessing.
I would term it A Blessing... never mind the "in disguise".

I would term it A Blessing... never mind the "in disguise".
Well.. you know what I mean.. BOB is good offensive coach. However when you don't have the QB then it doesn't matter. So next OC.. innovative? Great with young QBs and WR'S, great scheme? and play design?.. send your resumes to 1 patriots place attention HC Jarod mayo!

Good point - they might have eyes for guys on the Texans/Packers/Bills/Chiefs/49ers/Ravens squads and didn’t want to do anything virtual. Have to wait til after the 22nd to do in-person interviews with the above team staff members.
McVeigh tree please!

Did Caley do a great job with the tight ends he coached here? How did guys like Asiasi and Keene do under Caley? Was Jonnu Smith great under him?

I don't think you can call Caley a McVay assistant, or Shanahan-tree guy. He came up here, and spent 1 year with LAR.
Sure, some perspective will help broaden his system, but he's still a Patriot-system guy.
Which is okay btw... remember, the "Patriot offense" won more games & titles than any other over the last 1/4 century.

Caley's an interesting option in that he knows the Patriots way and the McVay way and would be well positioned to transition from one to the other, or to meld them into a bespoke way.

Well.. you know what I mean.. BOB is good offensive coach. However when you don't have the QB then it doesn't matter. So next OC.. innovative? Great with young QBs and WR'S, great scheme? and play design?.. send your resumes to 1 patriots place attention HC Jarod mayo!
BOB developed Deshaun Watson and coached Bryce young into a heisman winning 1st overall pick. Sounds like a guy who is good with young QBs

Caley's an interesting option in that he knows the Patriots way and the McVay way and would be well positioned to transition from one to the other, or to meld them into a bespoke way.
My concern would be how well would he “know” the McVay way after one year. Enough to run an offense?

Maybe the better idea would be to hire Zac Robinson as OC and then also bring Nick Caley over as QB Coach which would A) be a promotion of sorts and B) give us value as he would be able to help Robinson translate between what NE does now and what he is trying to do next year

Multiple sources reporting that we have our first OC interview...

Patriots to Interview Rams TE Coach Nick Caley for vacant OC position

make sense to bring him in for an interview... he's worked with Mayo before, start the process with those you know.

Last edited:
BOB developed Deshaun Watson and coached Bryce young into a heisman winning 1st overall pick. Sounds like a guy who is good with young QBs
Why wasn't he good with Mac? Zapp? Cunningham?

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back