PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots - Broncos Injury Reports, News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be ironic after all the talk about durability, if Welker missed this game, but we have Amendola out their catching passes from Brady?

The team needs Talib Ana Arrington playing Sunday to have a fighting chance, even if there not %100. Put Talib on DT with McCourty over the top. Arrington on Wes hitting him at the line with bracket coverage, and Logan Ryan on Decker. Would be a big plus if Denver's TE is out.

Early Thursday News:

TE Michael Hoomanawanui the lone absence at start of Patriots practice. Dennard, Talib, Gregory once again all on the field.​

Starting to look as if Hoomanawanui may not be playing Thursday.

Time to break out the Patriots secret weapon:

04-Nonfiction-Book-Review-Mike-Mulligan-and-his-Steam-Shovel-Book-Cover.jpg

Bronco practice updates from Mike Klis:

Wes Welker Is practicing

Peyton Manning Is practicing

It's 14 degrees at Dove Valley. Windchill has to be near 0. Yet Broncos practicing outside. Peyton Manning and Wes Welker wearing gloves.

If Mulligan can help keep Brady upright....put him out there.

He was signed to block, not catch.

His one TD catch this season is a BONUS :rocker:

Bronco practice updates from Mike Klis:

Wes Welker Is practicing

Peyton Manning Is practicing

It's 14 degrees at Dove Valley. Windchill has to be near 0. Yet Broncos practicing outside. Peyton Manning and Wes Welker wearing gloves.
From the Accuweather forecast I looked at, that's about what the weather is supposed to be during the game. No surprise then that they're practicing outdoors.

I am glad the game is here and not there.:cool:

We need Talib healthy and his head straight, I like him against physical WRs, but the truth is this game will be a shootout. We'll need 30+ to win, hopefully it happens

We need Talib healthy and his head straight, I like him against physical WRs, but the truth is this game will be a shootout. We'll need 30+ to win, hopefully it happens

Talib and Steve Smith have a history, so I wouldn't worry about his stupid behavior from the last game carrying over to this one. If anything, hopefully it humbled him a little.

Talib and Steve Smith have a history, so I wouldn't worry about his stupid behavior from the last game carrying over to this one. If anything, hopefully it humbled him a little.

I hope so, I had a feeling Smith would be a tough matchup for him. I think he'll be fine against Thomas, but I don't think you can put him on an island against him. He'll need help here and there

Thursday's official NFL-mandated report is out.

It Is What It Is » Patriots injury report Thursday: No changes for Pats, Wes Welker, Julius Thomas, Peyton Manning return for Broncos

It Is What It Is » Patriots have same injury report, with Hoomanawanui the only absence

Wes Welker limited at Broncos practice - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

In an indication that he will likely be ready to play, wide receiver Wes Welker had a helmet on and took part in Broncos practice, but was limited. Welker sustained a blow to the neck in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s win over the Chiefs and appeared shaken on the field.

He was not expected to practice until Friday while undergoing concussion protocol, making Thursday’s appearance somewhat surprising. Welker will still have to pass concussion protocol and testing by doctors before being cleared for Sunday night.

Also returning Thursday for the Broncos were tight end Julius Thomas (knee) and quarterback Peyton Manning (ankle). Thomas was limited while Manning fully participated in practice and is expected to be a full go for Sunday.​

Code:
Denver Broncos Practice Report
Player	Pos.	Injury	Wednesday Participation	Thursday Participation
Champ Bailey	CB	Foot	Limited	Limited
Joel Dreessen	TE	Knee	DNP	Limited
Julius Thomas	TE	Knee	DNP	Limited
Wes Welker	WR	Neck/Concussion	DNP	Limited
O Franklin	T	Ankle	Full	Full
Duke Ihenacho	S	Ankle	Full	Full
Nate Irving	LB	Shoulder	Full	Full
Winston Justice	T	Finger	Full	Full
Chris Kuper	G	Ankle	Full	Full
Peyton Manning	QB	Ankle	DNP	Full
J.D. Walton	C	Ankle	Full	Full

For the second consecutive day, the Patriots had the same series of players on the injury report, as tight end Michael Hoomanawanui was absent and several of the recently hobbled defensive backs — including cornerbacks Aqib Talib (hip), Alfonzo Dennard (knee), Kyle Arrington (groin) and safety Steve Gregory (finger) — were all limited.

Here’s the complete report:

Did Not Practice
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee)

Limited Participation
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
CB Kyle Arrington (groin)
CB Alfonzo Dennard (knee)
S Steve Gregory (finger)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm/hamstring)
LB Brandon Spikes (knee)
CB Aqib Talib (hip)
RB Leon Washington (ankle)

Full Participation
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)
WR Matthew Slater (wrist)
RB Shane Vereen (wrist)​

Code:
New England Patriots Practice Report
Player	Pos.	Injury	Wednesday and Thursday Participation
M Hoomanawanui	TE	Knee	DNP
Danny Amendola	WR	Groin	Limited
Kyle Arrington	CB	Groin	Limited
Alfonzo Dennard	CB	Knee	Limited
Steve Gregory	S	Finger	Limited
Rob Gronkowski	TE	Back/Forearm/Hamstring	Limited
Brandon Spikes	LB	Knee	Limited
Aqib Talib	CB	Hip	Limited
Leon Washington	RB	Ankle	Limited
Tom Brady	QB	Right Shoulder	Full
Matthew Slater	WR	Wrist	Full
Shane Vereen	RB	Wrist	Full

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 48m
It sounds like Brandon Spikes' situation might be a little uncertain this weekend with the knee injury. Could even be a game-day decision.

Dennard is not only going to miss the Broncos game due to having a minor knee surgery today, but he's also expected to miss at least the next game or two after that. There's no way in hell that Dennard is going to play for another 2-3 games.

You really trust unnamed sources, don't you?

According to similar unnamed sources Gregory was suppose to miss "weeks" yet it's looking like he maybe out there Sunday night.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 48m
It sounds like Brandon Spikes' situation might be a little uncertain this weekend with the knee injury. Could even be a game-day decision.

Generally, that sucks. This Sunday, we can live with it since we'll be in nickel/dime all day.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 4m
Del Rio on Welker: "If you had the 'definitely will go' category, he’d probably be on there."

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Jack Del Rio on TE Julius Thomas, who is listed as Questionable: "Limited again today. We'll just have to make a determination."

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 4m
Del Rio on Welker: "If you had the 'definitely will go' category, he’d probably be on there."

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Jack Del Rio on TE Julius Thomas, who is listed as Questionable: "Limited again today. We'll just have to make a determination."

Again, I would rather face Welker than Julius Thomas as crazy as it sounds.

Broncos can run the ball now, gonna need Spikes.

Otherwise, it's Hightower at MLB, Fletcher and Collins.

Again, I would rather face Welker than Julius Thomas as crazy as it sounds.

welker is manning's safety valve with his off line and the weather. He is a bigger factor and a bigger mismatch for our DBs.

Obviously, if our 5 healthiest and best DBs include 3 or more safeties, McCourty will move back to CB. But otherwise, our top 3 CBs are all gimped, which suggests to me that we need the best possible deep safety. So I hope McCourty can stay at safety.

Friday's Broncos Injury Reports, News and Updates

Wes Welker cleared to play against Patriots

Julius Thomas was a limited participant in Friday's practice as he continues to recover from a strained knee suffered last week against Kansas City. He appeared to move better in the early portion of practice on Friday than he did on Thursday, and is officially listed as questionable.​

Code:
DENVER BRONCOS
Player	   Injury	Wed	Thur	Friday	Status
CB Champ Bailey	Foot	Limited	Limited	Limited	Questionable
TE J Thomas	Knee	DNP	Limited	Limited	Questionable
TE J Dreessen	Knee	DNP	Limited	Full	Probable
T O Franklin	Ankle	Full	Full	Full	Probable
S Duke Ihenacho	Ankle	Full	Full	Full	Probable
LB Nate Irving Shoulder	Full	Full	Full	Probable
T W Justice	Finger	Full	Full	Full	Probable
G Chris Kuper	Ankle	Full	Full	Full	Probable
QB P Manning	Ankle	DNP	Full	Full	Probable
Welker	Neck/Concussion	DNP	Limited	Full	Probable
C J.D. Walton	Ankle	Full	Full	Full	Probable

It Is What It Is » Patriots Friday injury report: Michael Hoomanawanui out, Steve Gregory, Alfonzo Dennard, Aqib Talib all questionable

For the third day in a row, the Patriots had the same series of players on the injury report, as tight end Michael Hoomanawanui was absent. Hoomanawanui was the only player ruled out for Sunday night after suffering a knee injury on Monday night.

Four defensive backs were limited and all four – Aqib Talib (hip), Alfonzo Dennard (knee), Kyle Arrington (groin) and safety Steve Gregory (finger) – are listed as questionable, indicating a 50-50 chance of playing.

The Dennard news comes as a mild surprise since it was reported by the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport that he would miss Sunday’s game after a minor procedure last weekend on his knee.​

Brandon Spikes listed as probable for Broncos game | The Blitz with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Boston Herald

Good news for Brandon Spikes, who wasn't wearing shells today during the media portion of practice. He's listed as probable for Sunday's game, as the knee injury is clearly feeling better. His availability sounds like it will be based on pain tolerance, and he ended the week on a good note.​

Extra Points - New England Patriots News and Analysis - Boston.com

Four of the five defensive backs the Patriots typically use when they're in nickel defense are listed as questionable for Sunday night's game with the Broncos, while the news is mostly good for Denver on the injury front, as WR Wes Welker is listed as probable.

CB Aqib Talib (hip), CB Kyle Arrington (groin), CB Alfonzo Dennard (knee), and S Steve Gregory (finger) were all limited in Patriots practice Friday and are questionable, which under league guidelines means there's a 50-50 chance they will play.

For the Broncos, Welker (neck/concussion) was cleared by doctors for his first game against his former team. Welker and QB Peyton Manning (ankle) are among nine Broncos deemed probable.

As expected, TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee), who did not practice all week, is out for New England.

TE Julius Thomas (knee) and CB Champ Bailey (foot) are questionable for Denver.​

Pats-Broncos injury report: Talib questionable | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

OUT
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee)

QUESTIONABLE
CB Kyle Arrington (groin)
CB Alfonzo Dennard (knee)
S Steve Gregory (finger)
CB Aqib Talib (hip)
RB Leon Washington (ankle)

PROBABLE
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm/hamstring)
WR Matthew Slater (wrist)
LB Brandon Spikes (knee)
RB Shane Vereen (wrist)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand