PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots and Tannehill

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people are saying his teammates didn't like him...that's not enough for me to make a judgement on his personality. If Brady or Peyton weren't winning QBs then a lot of their teammates would hate their personalities too. Maybe Tannehill understands the commander role a QB needs to adapt in order to be a dominate offense, but just doesn't have the ability to deliver. That doesn't mean he should be more laid back to make more friends.

Tannehill can not process the reads fast enough to play in our offense. Everything that guy does is in slow motion, except running for his life.

I say pass! Let the jets sign him to backup darnold.

Tanehill is one of the worst starters in this league and very soon he won't even be a starter. He is a Mark Sanchez that had a little extra patience from his team.

I'm not saying that you guys are wrong, because things will have to play out and teams can spring surprises, but right now there just aren't many spots for starting QBs in the NFL, and that's before any possible Nick Foles team change. Unless the Bucs are lying about their QB situation, the only potential spots that seem to be there are:

Miami (But obviously won't be an option if they ditch him)
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Washington (possible, depending upon how they play things with the A. Smith injury)
NYG

and a couple of them (Cin, NYG) seem unlikely from the start.

You're right -- and this is a surprising change from just a few years ago. There's been a massive generational change across the league. Of course, it's possible that a few of those guys will not work out (Trubisky? Allen?) but it's too soon for them to be judged.

BB likes players that BEAT him. He loved Welker because Welker used to tear the Pats up when he played for Miami. Tannehil for the most part has been 100% owned by the Pats. I doubt BB thinks highly of him at all.

Someone else mentioned this. Isn’t Ryan Tannehill a giant douche canoe?

If we wanted a giant douche named Ryan, we could just resign Ryan Mallett to the vet minimum.

Gisele and Lauren Tannehill sitting together makes this trade worth it. Bring back Amendola with with Olivia Culpo and Edelman’s sometimes GF Adriana Lima too.

Screw it, just sign Dustin Johnson too. We need a golf pro somewhere on the roster.

There is literally nothing about him as a player or person that suggests he would fit in here. Equally as absurd as the Kaepernick talk.
[

Last edited:
Unless he redoes his deal significantly, Tannehill is out in Miami. If he becomes available there are some landing spots that make sense while teams give rookies a year or two to grow in their systems - Redskins are most likely, especially if Alex Smith spend a year rehabbing. The Bengals make sense if they end the Red Rifle experiment, the Cardinals while they develop whichever QB they pick at #1 or trade down for multiple picks, and Jacksonville for the same reasons.

BB likes players that BEAT him. He loved Welker because Welker used to tear the Pats up when he played for Miami. Tannehil for the most part has been 100% owned by the Pats. I doubt BB thinks highly of him at all.
He likes players that play hard and execute. It's not a mystery why those players beat us.

While he might be a great QB, he is still a decent NFL starter. Why would he want to sit on the bench in NE when he could step into the starting job or, at least, into a legit competition for the starting job somewhere else?

Who's going to start the "Patriots and FitzMagic" thread?

There is literally nothing about him as a player or person that suggests he would fit in here. Equally as absurd as the Kaepernick talk.
How much cap space do people think they have where we’re actually talking about paying bridge/semi-starter money for the backup QB position? Lol.

I’m still not convinced that they’ll be paying Brian Hoyer his base salary of 2.85m without knocking that down a little bit, and he actually knows the system.

Our rookie PS QB has a year in our system...I would like to see how much he has improved before crossing him off as a future starter......The GOAT is around for another couple years IMHO.;....and Etling supposedly has a very good work ethic......with 5 picks in first 3 rounds, and bigger holes to fill elsewhere, I don't see BB grabbing a QB in the first couple of rounds unless he has a must have guy fall into his lap.....just doesn't make sense...( altho how many times have I said WTF when he selects a player? :rolleyes:

He will be playing for the Jests this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes