PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots allow Brandon Browner to explore value around the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to read too much into this, but this does kind of seem like a "we need cap room now because we're picking up a $20M option" move.

Emphasis on could.

No idea if will.

I don't like this. Revis and Browner make the perfect complement to each other and replacing his attitude would be almost impossible. Now if this is a decision between the two then of course you take Revis no questions but I don't understand why it would come down to that.

I really hope Browner stays he was a key piece in winning the Superbowl as well on that Butler INT brings a lot of attitude to the D, but I'd of course would rather lose him than losing Revis.

All the Patriots have to do is nothing and they keep him for another year. It would be nice to get him for a longer term, but they don't have to do that.

I don't agree with the "Browner may be gone" thread title. I don't see why the Patriots would cut him when there are other restructures that they can make.

this seems INSANE to me.

Browner at under 5 million sounds like a good deal when you consider what CB's have gotten this year.

Seattle will give him 5-6 million to pair up with sherman again in replacement of maxwell.

Browner is a huge bargain. He's making like 1/2 of what he would on the open market.

If that's so, he should have pretty good trade value, no?

I like browner, why would we get rid of him? He's a great cb

I'd hate to lose him. That's a pretty cheap deal for him.

If that's so, he should have pretty good trade value, no?

He should but his personality is great for our defense, I definitely don't want to lose him, but he should net us a half decent pick if we let him go.

It could also help open up space for someone like say -- Andre Johnson on the offense (Disclaimer, this is my first time mentioning him I believe, lol)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes