PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots agree to terms with FB Danny Vitale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me he's not related to the "Yeah, baby!" Final Four announcer guy.

If you think that LeCosse is so bad a TE that him being the #2 is enough to make us non-competitive, well that's your choice. Belichick believes otherwise.
Matty LaCost/LaGlass is indeed that bad...He doesn't belong anywhere near a roster that has Championship Aspirations...which sadly no longer includes ours...

Matty LaCost/LaGlass is indeed that bad...He doesn't belong anywhere near a roster that has Championship Aspirations...which sadly no longer includes ours...

Gotta love a move TE who sucks at all aspects of being a move TE.

Typical BB signing, a versatile player who will be a core special team player. BB is doing what he does best, building a competitive team.

Do we know the terms yet?

That isn't what is being suggested. Develin got lots of reps at TE in 2018. Did we really end up with the 1st pick in the draft. On a Belichick team, H-backs, fullbacks and OT's sometimes have reps at TE. That has been a serious part of our offense whenever we had the personnel to execute those choices.

If you think that LeCosse is so bad a TE that him being the #2 is enough to make uno noncompetitive, well that's your choice. Belichick believes otherwise.

LeCosse sucks & just because he was a starter in 2019, does not put him on the team in 2020.

Do you think we are going to bring back Marshall Newhouse? Belichick had him starting last year.

I am hoping we draft a couple TE’s in the draft & send LeCosse packing. Worst case LeCosse will be a backup who doesn’t play much like Hoo-man when he was with the Pats.

I have seen Develin play TE.... They should keep him at FB, he is no Heath Evans & he only got the ball when he was completely uncovered.

LeCosse sucks & just because he was a starter in 2019, does not put him on the team in 2020.

Do you think we are going to bring back Marshall Newhouse? Belichick had him starting last year.

I am hoping we draft a couple TE’s in the draft & send LeCosse packing. Worst case LeCosse will be a backup who doesn’t play much like Hoo-man when he was with the Pats.

I have seen Develin play TE.... They should keep him at FB, he is no Heath Evans & he only got the ball when he was completely uncovered.

Apparently, you think that the final roster deadline is in March.

We are current;y in the process of choosing a 90 man roster, with players who are camp bodies or insurance, and those who might actually be part of the 55 man roster.

LECOSSE
LeCosse was injured last year, and is sign through the season. There is ZERO reason to get rid of him. He may or may not be good enough to be one of our 3 TE's. Of course, it is possible that LeCosse won't make the 55, or that he will be cut tomorrow because of his injuries. But, IMO, it is quite possible that Bill will give him a chance to compete for a roster spot.

NEWHOUSE
Yes, I do think that we should re-sign Newhouse to compete for our #4 OT position. He might be a reasonable choice for a backup RT. Cajuste will be there. Cannon may or may not be. We SHOULD acquire at least a couple of OT's. But competition is good, and Newhouse costs almost nothing, even less if he is one our veterans who get a $1.25M roster exemption.

DEVELIN
I hope that he comes back. And I agree that he is no Heath Evans. He is just an NFL/NE fullback. One of the roles of such players can be as a #3 TE or #4 TE.

BOTTOM LINE
We need at least 2 TE's. If healthy, LeCosse will compete for one of the 2-4 TE positions.

The value of the deal is too low to count in the comp pick formula now. The Pats likely really only care about the Brady 3rd and Van Noy / Collins 4ths, but at this point they’ve preserved the 6th for Shelton.

Last edited:
Apparently, you think that the final roster deadline is in March.

We are current;y in the process of choosing a 90 man roster, with players who are camp bodies or insurance, and those who might actually be part of the 55 man roster.

LECOSSE
LeCosse was injured last year, and is sign through the season. There is ZERO reason to get rid of him. He may or may not be good enough to be one of our 3 TE's. Of course, it is possible that LeCosse won't make the 55, or that he will be cut tomorrow because of his injuries. But, IMO, it is quite possible that Bill will give him a chance to compete for a roster spot.

NEWHOUSE
Yes, I do think that we should re-sign Newhouse to compete for our #4 OT position. He might be a reasonable choice for a backup RT. Cajuste will be there. Cannon may or may not be. We SHOULD acquire at least a couple of OT's. But competition is good, and Newhouse costs almost nothing, even less if he is one our veterans who get a $1.25M roster exemption.

DEVELIN
I hope that he comes back. And I agree that he is no Heath Evans. He is just an NFL/NE fullback. One of the roles of such players can be as a #3 TE or #4 TE.

BOTTOM LINE
We need at least 2 TE's. If healthy, LeCosse will compete for one of the 2-4 TE positions.

I agree with everything you wrote & I don’t have a problem bringing LeCosse & Newhouse into camp & letting them fight for a spot on the roster.

I have a coworker who is a big Dolphins fan.
He told me Ted Karras signed with them over us because they guaranteed him a starting position.

If Flores is guaranteeing starting positions at the contract table, he is not going to be a head coach for long.

One of the things I love about Belichick is, he don’t care if your a 1st round draft choice or UDFA...., Whoever plays the best is the starter.

I told my coworker, what if you get lucky and get a Mike Webster, Dwight Stevens, or Jim Langer in the draft & they dominate in the preseason.

Does Flores still start Karras?

Stunt double in Bohemian Rhapsody?
upload_2020-4-15_14-16-21.jpeg

I said the same thing a few pages back.

Freddie Mercury on 'roids
I can never get through an entire FB thread so I missed your material. Instead of sending you a royalty check, allow me to make a donation to The Human Fund in your name

I can never get through an entire FB thread so I missed your material. Instead of sending you a royalty check, allow me to make a donation to The Human Fund in your name
I know. My point was I had the same perception.

Human Fund donations are accepted. It's more than my stimulus $

Sounds like a Patriots type of signing. And with an unknown at QB, the more things a player can do, the more likely it is they find a role that suits both him and the guy running the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes