PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots activate WR N'Keal Harry off IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 'what I tesd' the coincidences just seem uncanny. Of course appearances can be deceiving and often times the object in the mirror really is even closer than it seems
A typo? Sorry.

I think we can line him up in the “z” position and get some production on third down from him. He should be a slant beast.

Do you think the plan all along might have been to replace Gordon before the trade deadline? I wonder if they didn’t want to get screwed over like last year considering his past history. I read all the recent articles about their concerns with his behavior, availability, and work ethic, and nothing stood out as particularly compelling to IR/release him. I’ve thought from the beginning of the year Harry is essentially redshirting 8 games, or at least that his injury was minor and it was more of a roster stashing move to IR him. Just a thought...Gordon’s drop off in production didn’t help.
I think something was up. I don’t know, just speculating but it seemed odd that BB had no parting words other than he was released because he is healthy.
My memory is that bb usually has kind words on the way out for most players and the lack of any stands out.

I certainly am not here to argue.

spock.gif

They're hoping he is competing against Dorsett for #3.

Edelman
White
Sanu
Dorsett
Harry
Burkhead
Watson

That's what the team sees now as passing options.

They will make Harry & Meyers compete, but the team is hoping Harry steps forward.

This board is very odd.

They're hoping he is competing against Dorsett for #3.

Edelman
White
Sanu
Dorsett
Harry
Burkhead
Watson

That's what the team sees now as passing options.

They will make Harry & Meyers compete, but the team is hoping Harry steps forward.
Do you think that the type of player Harry is would be a better fit as “WR2” than Sanu?
Isnt Harry really the only true outside the numbers guy and wouldn’t that be an advantage?
Let me put it a different way. Since it appears 3 WRs is the typical formation wouldn’t Harry along with Edelman and either sanu or dorsett create a better package than Edelman sanu and dorsett together?

What are you talking about, my prima donna post was in reference to Sanu, who is not a rookie. Brady mentioned that a week wasn't enough to develop chemistry with Sanu, yet we see other vets going from team to team and producing instantly.

And it is Brady himself making comments about rookies, no one is making that up. Just because you point certain things out about the team or a player doesn't equate to being a spoiled rotten fan. The opposite of that would be fans that don't are just swinging on the players balls.
Sanders and Sanu both had 5 targets in their 1st games, Sanu had 2 less yards. Sanders 2nd game against a terrible D was really nice. On the road against bmore will be tough but hope Sanu has a good game. Brady will do his best with him.

We just watched AB come in and have 56 for a td in his 1st game. I don’t think the offense is rocket science for these guys, quality players seem to do a good job picking it up fairly quickly. Gordon picked it up pretty quick last year. Brady’s doing his best with a lot of turn around at these positions this season.

Do you think that the type of player Harry is would be a better fit as “WR2” than Sanu?
Isnt Harry really the only true outside the numbers guy and wouldn’t that be an advantage?
Let me put it a different way. Since it appears 3 WRs is the typical formation wouldn’t Harry along with Edelman and either sanu or dorsett create a better package than Edelman sanu and dorsett together?

I'm not sure how much they would want to put on Harry.

Sure if he looks like rookie Terry Glenn, but he created separation off the bat.

And still would Brady have that type of confidence with Harry. So I don't know.

I'm not interested in trying to win some online argument just to look cool in front of the rest of the forum. Capisci?

Just to look cool is why I spent 3 decades addicted to nicotine while it made my arteries as springy as glass tubes, and not fiberglass.

I forgot my point. Carry on.

I have no expectations for Harry in his first nfl. Kinda like every rookie. Whatever he does will exceed my expectations

I'm not sure how much they would want to put on Harry.

Sure if he looks like rookie Terry Glenn, but he created separation off the bat.

And still would Brady have that type of confidence with Harry. So I don't know.
I’m not saying start there tomorrow. I’m saying that’s the goal of where you want it to be by December.
It also is very dependent upon how Harry plays. I’m talking more along the lines of where it will be if all goes as planned.

Lol at posters that said he wouldn't be activated until Saturday at 4 pm because of the super secret plan.

Did anyone say this? :confused:

Something tells me you might be laughing at yourself here.

Sanders and Sanu both had 5 targets in their 1st games, Sanu had 2 less yards. Sanders 2nd game against a terrible D was really nice. On the road against bmore will be tough but hope Sanu has a good game. Brady will do his best with him.

We just watched AB come in and have 56 for a td in his 1st game. I don’t think the offense is rocket science for these guys, quality players seem to do a good job picking it up fairly quickly. Gordon picked it up pretty quick last year. Brady’s doing his best with a lot of turn around at these positions this season.
Sanders and Sanu are veterans who have played for a number of years and a couple of organizations. Harry's next catch will be his first in a NFL game in a complicated offense from a QB who relies on throwing where the receiver should be. My expectations are not high.

Brady: This is awesome! In addition to last year's holdovers, I've got Gordon back, and AB, and Thomas!

BB: Yeah, we're getting rid of all 3 of them. You can have a pair of rookies. One will be a UDFA, and the other will miss half the season before seeing the field. But he'll be a first rounder, though.

Brady:

uu-fff-ffff-ffffu-ffff-fff-ff-ff-ff-ffff-19334944.png

Media and Patriots honks: But why is Brady so frustrated?

rofl.gif

I was listening to the media honks today.

" I think we need to damper our expectations of Harry" " why does BB and crew build this guy up and put unreasonable expectations on him?"

Later in the same segment...

" Tom Brady wasn't exactly thrilled about Harry...... (They play an audio clip of Brady basically saying " Let's not expect too much out of Harry")..... I woner what he has against rookies" haha

Every time Brady talks about him I get the feeling he does not rate him that much. Hopefully by the end of the season he will get to MM level.

"Johnny, you go deep down the right side. Pete, you run a 10 yard in from the left. Dave, you drift to the flat to my right." is not what the Patriots are running. The Patriots run a complicated offense, where the receiver has to read not just where he would go, but exactly where Brady would expect him to go, taking in all the context of every other route and the positioning of all the players on the field. Veterans, particularly veterans who've learned multiple systems, will usually pick that up more easily than a rookie, because the game has already slowed down for them, and they're just adapting to changes rather than having to learn from scratch the way a rookie does. Even so, we've seen plenty of examples of even veterans who don't, or won't, learn how to play in the system (i.e. Galloway, Chad Johnson). It's just not an easy system to learn.

So, when I talk about not expecting much from Harry, it's not about me taking a slap at Harry. It's an acknowledgment that the system is a complicated one, and that even good rookies have a learning curve.

Tom Brady is like Phil Jackson - they don't like rookies.

Every time Brady talks about him I get the feeling he does not rate him that much. Hopefully by the end of the season he will get to MM level.
Before training camp began, Brady had Harry over & was practicing with he & Edelman in his own back yard. That doesn’t really jive with the doesn’t rate/ doesn’t like mantra.
(Harry, Brady & Edelman all had it on their Instagram stories/posts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results