PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots acquire Marquis Flowers from Cincinnati for a 7th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he might take on the Barkevious Mingo role - their size is similar but he's mostly a special teams guy. Former 6th round pick in the 2014 draft.

I hope the pick is conditional on him making the team. He was a bubble player in Cincy, mainly appearing on Special Teams.

Not exactly the type of trade that blows your skirt up.

Continuing the Mingo theme:

Mingo Combine results:
Barkevious Mingo | OLB | Louisiana State - NFL Combine Results
40: 4.58, vertical leap 37 inches, three cone 6.84

Flowers pro day info:
Combine Snubs’ Pro Daze, Part I

You Don’t Bring Me Flowers: The combine folks missed an intriguing prospect in Marquis Flowers (6-3, 231), an outside linebacker out of Arizona. Flowers ran consecutive 4.50-second 40s, times that would have placed him first among linebackers in Indy. He also leapt 37 inches (eighth among LBs), and completed the 3-cone drill in 7.09 (11th, .01 behind Kahlil Mack of Buffalo). At Arizona, Flowers had 93 tackles (11 for loss), one interception and two fumble recoveries.

Last edited:
Two defensive snaps, 308 ST snaps last season. Makes a lot of sense if they decide that either Harris or Roberts isn't making the roster, because neither would be a big ST contributor as a deep defensive reserve.

He ran a 4.51 40, although that was at 231 pounds and he's now listed at 250.

Low risk low reward. Picking up players he might need later in a weak position. The kind of move any competent GM makes in his sleep.

Gotta love how people are poo pooing this despite everyone having previously acknowledged that Cincy doesn't know how to manage their roster well. A perfect example is Burkhead, who most acknowledged ran better than Bernard or Hill, yet the Bengals didn't retain him because he wasn't a high round pick..

People are also over-looking the fact that Flowers was just back from an Shoulder injury st year and the fact that he's still pretty young.

Flowers being a big special teams player for Cincy, like Burkhead, should work in his favor.

Last edited:
He'll make the probowl....

In other news:

WHO--meme-45475.jpg

Gotta love how people are poo pooing this despite everyone having previously acknowledged that Cincy doesn't know how to manage their roster well. A perfect example is Burkhead, who most acknowledged ran better than Bernard or Hill, yet the Bengals didn't retain him because he wasn't a high round pick..

People are also over-looking the fact that Flowers was just back from an ACL tear last year and the fact that he's still pretty young.

Flowers being a big special teams player for Cincy, like Burkhead, should work in his favor.

I'm no doctor, but, can a person have an ACL tear in a shoulder?

Bengals trade Marquis Flowers to New England

Two defensive snaps, 308 ST snaps last season. Makes a lot of sense if they decide that either Harris or Roberts isn't making the roster, because neither would be a big ST contributor as a deep defensive reserve.

Maybe. If you go by Chatham's depth chart, it could also mean that McClellin is more hurt than it appeared (to me). In that case, they're grabbing someone to backup Hightower in case of emergency, but will also contribute on 46 man game day roster in the meantime.

2 guys named flowers on D.... Now I'm worried this D will be a bunch of pansies.... HAHAHAHAHA:D:D:D;)

I was going to post something similar except that 2 guys with the same name on defense has to deceptive and an unfair advantage. Rule changes and suspensions incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News