PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2018 Coaching Staff News and Opinions (edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time to move on from the loss. The past is a prologue. Schiano would be a marvellous addition.

It's literally the day after the Super Bowl and therefore the PERFECT most appropriate time to talk about it. I wouldn't say it's time to move on by any means.

It's literally the day after the Super Bowl and therefore the PERFECT most appropriate time to talk about it. I wouldn't say it's time to move on by any means.

Okay.

As Mike Loyko said on Twitter, Schiano getting it over Flores would certainly indicate BB is coming back since he is at no f*cks given.

I wouldn't mind that Wade (I'm too fat) Phillips come over and take care of business. Seems like every team he lands on as a DC, its defense turns elite.

Hmm Wade has had some real studs on his Defences... That Broncos D was full of them.. Von miller, Dware, malik jackson... Arron donald.. not saying he wouldn't be good but he has had some very very good players to use.

Hmm Wade has had some real studs on his Defences... That Broncos D was full of them.. Von miller, Dware, malik jackson... Arron donald.. not saying he wouldn't be good but he has had some very very good players to use.

What about the Rams? not all were drafted. You'd be surprised how much magic a DC can work. Free agency is another route to aid an aggressive DC.

Well whomever we get as DC needs better players or else he will need a miracle and a prayer to turn this defense to above average

Well whomever we get as DC needs better players or else he will need a miracle and a prayer to turn this defense to above average

Hightower and Gilmore are all the weapons we have on D.

So, a week ago, Tanguay (!) says his unnamed sources (!!) told him that Schiano was "interviewing" for Pats DC. Mike Reiss disputes that Schiano would actually need to interview at all to be hired. No one else verifies this report.

Now Zach Barnett of college football website "Football Scoop" reports that their unnamed sources "expect" Schiano to be named the Pats DC as early as today - citing Tanguay's sole unverified report as corroboration.

And the link above is to a report by CBS Boston (WBZ) reporting on "Football Scoop's" report on Tanguay's report that originated with unnamed sources. CBS also notes a contrary report from Bruce Feldman saying that Schiano hasn't yet decided to leave Ohio State.

smfh

@Ross12 or @ashley1992 can we merge the other thread we have on the very same thing (has 12 replies) into here? Or vice versa?

Too much parallel talking.

Hightower and Gilmore are all the weapons we have on D.
Malcolm Brown, Trey Flowers, DMac and Chung are not exactly JAGs but I think we all agree we need some significant improvement on that side of the ball.
Hightower isn't exactly the most unbreakable player on that D but his importance is a necessity.
I wouldn't mind seeing an outside the organization hire. Kind of like Dean Pees a few years ago. I don't think Schiano would clash with BB as much as Pees did.

What about the Rams? not all were drafted. You'd be surprised how much magic a DC can work. Free agency is another route to aid an aggressive DC.

I agree. Lots of talent still though.

Not sure what kind of D pieces we can get this year

Whoever takes over the D, I'd really like to see a different philosophy of getting after the other team's QB. I feel like this is why mediocre QBs always look so great against the Pats.

A Foles, a Tannehill...the thing that separates the Bradys, etc., from the fluff is that Brady can play great while getting hit, or when having to rush the checkdowns.

Whoever takes over the D, I'd really like to see a different philosophy of getting after the other team's QB. I feel like this is why mediocre QBs always look so great against the Pats.

A Foles, a Tannehill...the thing that separates the Bradys, etc., from the fluff is that Brady can play great while getting hit, or when having to rush the checkdowns.

Belichick's not going to change his system. He runs a "First, play not to lose" system, and that's what's going to stay as the underpinning for everything. The level of aggression above that depends upon the talent (and the rules) of the squad and, especially, the weakest link.

Belichick's not going to change his system. He runs a "First, play not to lose" system, and that's what's going to stay as the underpinning for everything. The level of aggression above that depends upon the talent (and the rules) of the squad and, especially, the weakest link.

Well, then here's hoping they get some talent on that DL. I just prefer to watch the more aggressive D's.

I take issue with the totally negative description of the defense. It has several good players upon which to build next year: McCourty, Chung, HT, Brown, both Flowers and Gilmore. Van Noy is better than a JAG. Wise and Adam Butler have potential. We'll see about Rivers. There's a lot of work to do, but that's a pretty good place to start to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST