PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2018 Coaching Staff News and Opinions (edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely hate this move. If anyone actually thinks the players may not like BB judging by his time in Tampa the players will despise him.

Footballscoop, really? Get a better source.

The Schiano thing comes from f**king douchebag Gary Tanguay who is a clueless tit. Who is still the only person to report this.

lol

Footballscoop, really? Get a better source.

The Schiano thing comes from f**king douchebag Gary Tanguay who is a clueless tit.

Just posting it because Loyko didnt dismiss it but actually commented on it.

Absolutely hate this move. If anyone actually thinks the players may not like BB judging by his time in Tampa the players will despise him.
It’s not like he’s becoming the HC.

IMO, we need to build a great defense next year if we want one more ring to close out this dynasty.

I just don’t think the offense can keep carrying us. It’s time to do what Denver did for Peyton in 15, go build that defense. Bring in new schemes.

Schiano won't be head coach if hired there is a big difference with player relationships

It’s not like he’s becoming the HC.

IMO, we need to build a great defense next year if we want one more ring to close out this dynasty.

I just don’t think the offense can keep carrying us. It’s time to do what Denver did for Peyton in 15, go build that defense. Bring in new schemes.

Drafting at the backend of each round, that’s a tall order to turn into the Denver defense in one offseason. The offense should still be great next season if we retain most of the personnel. We need to get our front 7 to average to above average level next season. If we can do this we stand a solid chance at another ring

Drafting at the backend of each round, that’s a tall order to turn into the Denver defense in one offseason. The offense should still be great next season if we retain most of the personnel. We need to get our front 7 to average to above average level next season. If we can do this we stand a solid chance at another ring
We have a lot of great pieces in the secondary. Gilmore, DMAC, Chung, Harmon. And I like J Jones potential as well. Secondary can only cover for so long when there’s no pass rush.

Go get pass rushers, get faster LB’s, and get Hightower healthy.

I think Schiano coming in as a "Assistant HC" is not a bad idea. New OC. New DC. Possibly a new STC. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell BB can groom greenhorns in all 3 roles without having some administrative support.

Last edited:
I'm on board with bringing Schiano as DC.

I don't give 2 5hits about who's going to be the DC, as long as that person can turn this front 7 into a smash-you-in-the-mouth type of a front. We need someone who reinforces and instills aggression, power, and speed. We haven't had that kind of a defense in... I don't know how many years.

If this means he also brings some of the D talent from OSU in the draft, I'm all for it.

Hold on to your pants folks..

So it might really just be a rumor. However Curran had an even more interesting take:

Is that a reliable source or is it just taking the rumored interview and turning it into its own story?
Schiano would be a great addition.

I dont know **** about this site but if Loyko doesnt think it is totally ridiculous who knows..

I don't give 2 5hits about who's going to be the DC, as long as that person can turn this front 7 into a smash-you-in-the-mouth type of a front. We need someone who reinforces and instills aggression, power, and speed. We haven't had that kind of a defense in... I don't know how many years.

Amen...I'm sick of watching soft slow patriots defenses who let quarterbacks drive down field at will

Good luck building this without the benefit of drafting in the low teens for at least 2 years. Because on the open market you cant afford the type of players you need to build that defense while still keeping the secondary and offense in tact. This is only possible for a short window with rookie contracts..

Wouldn't be shocked if he brings in Schiano as an assistant HC/Senior defensive assistant or whatever they want to title it to help out Flores and bring in an experienced Offensivley minded assistant to help out O'Shea if McD leaves (seems there was that report last night that he might have changed his mind on the Colts?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back